Tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Antsmarchn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire suggestions

I am looking for tire suggestions for my g37x. I live in NJ and want something with decent snow and wet weather performance and have no intention of running dedicated winter tires. After loving them on my wife's car, I put continental DWS on my car a few months ago and hate them. I keep getting a weird shimmy at highway speeds, despite having the tires balanced multiple times, as well as an alignment. The Michelin pilot sport a/s 3 are out due to their horrendous snow performance. Just wondering what everyone else is using? Does anyone have experience with the Pirelli cinturato P7, as they seem pretty highly rated on tire rack.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:42 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Pilot Sport A/S 3 Horrendous? I beg to differ. I just got mine mounted about 2 weeks ago on my G37x and shortly after had some pretty spring snow. The traction was really good for an a/s. Obviously not as good as my Blizzaks for winter but the A/S 3's are great!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:32 AM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
o.O no way.
DWS hands down best all seasons. Ever.
Yes thats a biased statement since I'm running them.
But seriously…I think if you do research you'll find them to be the top rated all seasons. Any tuner shop would agree with that as well.

Sure yours aren't defective of any sort? Im RWD and I rode in snow with these babies no problem, let alone highway flats.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Antsmarchn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tere is no need to tell me how great the DWS are. I drove them on my wifes car since they were released around 2009 and have loved them, they just don't want to cooperate on my G. My original set of DWS were checked if they were out of round or defective somehow and replaced with another set of DWS the other day. I kinda screwed myself, since I bought them at a discount tire store in Michigan when visiting the wife's family over the holidays. I got them replaced the other day when we were out there again. They balanced each one twice just to be sure. Just drove the 700 miles home and the same issue. The wobble is predictable, but very disconcerting at high speed. The alignment has been checked by the dealer, the old tires were even checked for balance and possible bent rim issues, with everything being perfect.