G37 Sedan
View Poll Results: Does your passenger airbag off light come on with a passenger in the seat?
Yes
45.31%
No
18.75%
Intermittently
35.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Pasenger airbag light recall

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 03:32 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Pasenger airbag light recall

Wanted to take a poll and see how many other people have this issue. Saw this today about Nissan/Infiniti recalling cars due to passenger seat airbag issues.

Nissan recalling over one million vehicles for airbag issue | Reuters

I brought this issue up with the dealer within 2 months of buying my car, had them check it over and expressed my concern. They told me that since my wife was under 120lbs the sensor wasn't tripped. This latest recall makes me worried I got the standard we don't want to fix this BS from the dealer. Going to make them check it again and document my inquiry in regards to the latest recall, no mention of the G37 in the release though.

How many others have issues with the passenger airbag off light coming on while there's a passenger in the seat?

Other threads:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...nger-seat.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...is-normal.html
Old 03-26-2014, 04:18 PM
guyinswmo

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I haven't noticed mine, but I've been out of town more than I've been home since I bought my 2012 G the first of the month. And the 120lb excuse is complete bs in my opinion. I have a swiss gear backpack style computer bag I use for work that carries a laptop and paperwork and it will set of the seatbelt sensor if I put it in the front seat of any vehicle; personal, company, or rental.....
Old 04-21-2014, 02:52 PM
GzupFreezeup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLamb
Wanted to take a poll and see how many other people have this issue. Saw this today about Nissan/Infiniti recalling cars due to passenger seat airbag issues.

Nissan recalling over one million vehicles for airbag issue | Reuters

I brought this issue up with the dealer within 2 months of buying my car, had them check it over and expressed my concern. They told me that since my wife was under 120lbs the sensor wasn't tripped. This latest recall makes me worried I got the standard we don't want to fix this BS from the dealer. Going to make them check it again and document my inquiry in regards to the latest recall, no mention of the G37 in the release though.

How many others have issues with the passenger airbag off light coming on while there's a passenger in the seat?

Other threads:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...nger-seat.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...is-normal.html

I had a 2013 ALtima 3.5SV that started doing this with passengers weighing well above 120lbs. Of course the dealers gave me the run around. I eventually hired a lemon law atty and returned it. Now I hear they are recalling them for this very reason. I think it is a design flaw. I am now on the fence about buying a G37 for this reason. Maybe this recall will quell my fears if someone actually gets it done successfully. I have been searching the web so far no results but its early yet. My good buddy is going to inquire about his 2012 this week because he is also having this issue and he says he'll let me know. I really want to get a G37 but I'm tired of cars with electrical gremlins even though this may be a small issue to some. I came from a Saab 9-3 that died on the freeway and had it towed to the Saab dealer which is also a Nissan Dealer that was why I ended up with the stinkin' Altima which had othewr issues besides the airbag light. I may go back to a Lexus though...
Old 04-21-2014, 03:35 PM
AMai1215

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
I have this issue in my 2012 G37. The "Airbag Off" light comes on when my girlfriend (110lbs) is sitting in the passenger. This poses as a real life threatening danger. I'm suprised our G's are not on the the recall list, and wouldn't be suprised if a big lawsuit was filed against Nissan/infiniti (just like GM for their ignition).
Old 04-21-2014, 09:11 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by AMai1215
I have this issue in my 2012 G37. The "Airbag Off" light comes on when my girlfriend (110lbs) is sitting in the passenger. This poses as a real life threatening danger. I'm suprised our G's are not on the the recall list, and wouldn't be suprised if a big lawsuit was filed against Nissan/infiniti (just like GM for their ignition).
I thought it was only me. My light goes on and off with a 120lb passenger. It worries me because that means the airbag won't deploy even there's a someone in the seat.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:45 AM
nycty

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been having this same problem for a while now.. at first when i bought it to the dealer, we could not replicate the problem and the dealer refused to service it. It seem alot of people have this problem. For a 40k we shouldnt be having these problems -_-. How come nissan/infiniti aren't issuing some kind of recall for vehicles affected..=/
Old 07-30-2014, 01:35 AM
rawmeal65

airbag light

I had a 2010 Frontier Pro4X with the passenger airbag light problem when my wife was sitting (115 lbs) and now my 2013 Inifiniti G37 is doing the same. thing.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:16 AM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Ive had this problem too, girlfriend sits and it sometimes doesn't turn off the light. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (07-30-2014)
Old 04-28-2015, 11:54 AM
pgG37

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Bump! Curious if this actually has been resolved or what others have done. I have noticed this on my car (CPO bought last Feb) couple of time. Yesterday, it was on for almost an hour with no passenger and nothing on the seat. As soon as I thought of taking it to the dealer, the light went away... SMH
Old 04-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Detail
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by nishfish871
Ive had this problem too, girlfriend sits and it sometimes doesn't turn off the light. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
The exact same thing happens to my g/f. She rejoices and call's it a skinny day. Seriously though, if you move the seat forward/back a little it usually corrects itself.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:21 AM
pgG37

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Was able to show the dealer the light on with no one on the passenger seat. Tried to see if it generated a code while it was on and there was no code. Set up an appointment for Friday. They said they'll probably tell Infiniti corp that they saw it first hand... Hopefully resolution follows.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:37 PM
fkarner

Bought 2011 G37 conv 2 months ago. Love it, but airbag light came on last week. Will not go off. Passenger seat empty. Code is 2 slow flashes, followed by a short break and then 15 fast flashes. But I cannot find out what this code means. 17.500 miles. Any ideas? THANKS! Frank in OKC
Old 06-16-2015, 03:22 PM
G-Quartet

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my very first post. I have exactly the same problem with my 2013 Infiniti G37 that I purchased 4 days ago (cash purchase). The passenger airbag light comes on while there is a passenger in the seat (>120 lbs). Is this covered under powertrain or limited used vehicle warrenty? My dealer is not an infiniti dealer. what is the right thing to do at this stage? I went through the old posts but couldnt find any answer. Despite this problem, I love my G and enjoy every moment of driving it.