Lug Nuts for my VOSSENS - Opinions Welcome

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:47 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Which shop in Memphis did you talk to? I'll be poking around for a shop this week and will ask a few guys I've been working with, if I come up with something different I'll let you know.

Originally Posted by Redfire32
Yes that curb rash isn't making me too happy lol. I looked all over my home town for a place to fix them...even called around in Memphis to get quotes. I was told by a wheel repair shop that Vossen's have a finish that is hard to reproduce. The shop said the only thing they could do for me would be refinish the entire wheel and that woukd run me $200 per. I only paid $1300 for the whole set plus tires...so that $800 repair bill seems a bit much.

One of the paint shops suggested that I sand down the damaged edges and go with a black paint to blend it in with the tires. What do you guys think about that option??

As for the tires yes I'm running the 245/30/20 all round just until I can bald them up a bit. Prolly go with a wider tire setup in about 6-10 months. Overall the curb rash doesn't really bother me at the moment. That could be due to the new sexy shoes just blinding me to any imperfections tho
Old 01-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Which shop in Memphis did you talk to? I'll be poking around for a shop this week and will ask a few guys I've been working with, if I come up with something different I'll let you know.
The shop in Memphis is called Elite Wheel repair I'm pretty sure. Why do you have a shop in Memphis or anywhere near there that you think will have a better solution? That would be great. I LOVE my wheels, even with the light rash...but obviously none of us are on this site for slightly perfect parts, wheels, ext.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:19 AM
DYT-350Z

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Picked up some black McGard wheel locks after following along with this thread. Very happy with my install this weekend.

I think they look great and I especially like the way the rear's stick out of the concave wheels, but then the front's sit recessed in the wheel countersinks.

Don't really mind the locking lug seeming a bit out of place, gives me an extra sense of security on my freshly installed Vossens.

Last edited by DYT-350Z; 01-26-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:34 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Here you go Reddi ^^^

Just to give some feedback on these, I wouldnt buy them( Again) I bought these over the winter and went to install my summers and these over the weekend, I got the drivers front wheel on and half of the rear drivers wheel when the key for the lugs rounded and rounded out he lug, I was stuck for 2 hrs looking for a key that would fit so I could take them off, I finally found a star socket and had to hammer it into the lugs to remove them, I will be contacting the EBAY seller this morning for a refund. But these are very poorly made.. BTW TRQ wrench was set to 85 LBS.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Just to give some feedback on these, I wouldnt buy them( Again) I bought these over the winter and went to install my summers and these over the weekend, I got the drivers front wheel on and half of the rear drivers wheel when the key for the lugs rounded and rounded out he lug, I was stuck for 2 hrs looking for a key that would fit so I could take them off, I finally found a star socket and had to hammer it into the lugs to remove them, I will be contacting the EBAY seller this morning for a refund. But these are very poorly made.. BTW TRQ wrench was set to 85 LBS.
Ouch. That sucks. How much did you pay for those things?
Old 04-06-2015, 09:12 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Ouch. That sucks. How much did you pay for those things?
Not too bad $47.00, But now looking at the Kics R40's for $175. I wont skimp on lugs again :/
Old 04-06-2015, 09:26 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Ah, there it is. $47 lugnut sets playing in the same space as similar designs that go for $300. For that kind of money, it was worth a shot... inconvenience and frustration notwithstanding.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:28 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Yea reason I grabbed them under 50$ and if they work GREAT , But EH now spending the $$
Old 04-06-2015, 09:51 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Yea reason I grabbed them under 50$ and if they work GREAT , But EH now spending the $$
Sorry to hear that one
Thanks for the warning & heads-up.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:48 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
The shop in Memphis is called Elite Wheel repair I'm pretty sure. Why do you have a shop in Memphis or anywhere near there that you think will have a better solution? That would be great. I LOVE my wheels, even with the light rash...but obviously none of us are on this site for slightly perfect parts, wheels, ext.
Im sorry for the delay on this. I'm going to head over to Wheel- Tek of memphis to check them out. Lots of good reviews and word of mouth from the "tuner crew" around here.
The following users liked this post:
Redfire32 (04-12-2015)
Old 04-12-2015, 05:19 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Im sorry for the delay on this. I'm going to head over to Wheel- Tek of memphis to check them out. Lots of good reviews and word of mouth from the "tuner crew" around here.
Man thanks I would appreciate that. Plz let me know if you find anything out that may help me.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:47 AM
Wangstas863

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Tyvm for this thread, I've been thinking about ...what if my new wheels get stolen , all day. So I'm wondering which one is best for security? Which one would a thief have a harder time with? Lol. Trying to spend less than a $100 . mcguard spline drive lugs or the gorilla system? Matching it against the vfs2 in satin bronze ,so I'm thinking black.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

they all come with keys (most anyway), but correct me if I'm wrong here guys wouldn't the 3 piece lugs be better for security? You've got to have 2 different sized keys to get my lugs off. They are replica lugs but they are made of high quality aluminum. Godsnow is the brand. They run around $40 on eBay. Check my garage for a photo of them. They come in several different colors if black with red caps isn't your thing.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:16 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

View this post on Instagram

Check these out. They are only $189 from NengunPerformance. I'm looking for some higher end lugs to go with my new wheels. I'm also looking for the protection factor. I'd hate to have those work wheels and Hankook tires stolen!!!

I really want the Project Kics Iconix with white aluminum caps to match my car. I was thinking the vsxx wheels would loose their sex appeal if I kept the Godsnow lugs with the red aluminum centers. Just seems too wild to put the Red caps on the Work wheels as clean as they are. Thoughts?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I really want the Project Kics Iconix with white aluminum caps to match my car. I was thinking the vsxx wheels would loose their sex appeal if I kept the Godsnow lugs with the red aluminum centers. Just seems too wild to put the Red caps on the Work wheels as clean as they are. Thoughts?
Context, Red. I know you have a White Vert, and your new rims aren't on the car yet... they have a light gun-metal finish, right? I'd pass on red-capped lugnuts, unless your calipers were painted some similar shade.

Those Project Kics look really nice with black caps and black-chrome.

Quick Reply: Lug Nuts for my VOSSENS - Opinions Welcome