Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
It was almost 80 here today

Got my car washed and went "off roading"
Lego, the black finish on that car looks absolutely perfect. Just wow. I keep forgetting you have a black car... maybe because you don't post enough pics of it. Clearly you're taking amazing car of the finish. Good job, man.

Too much tuck on those duckfeet, buddy. And your Invidia tips are dirty.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:41 AM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
So, I have a few buddies who think the G37 sedan is just a semi luxury car with no performance whatsoever. When I told them the specs and what it can do they were literately flabbergasted. One of them (13 sti driver) actually had the audacity to say me modding my car was like someone modding their minivan. I quickly reminded him that it would be a drivers race vs. him in the in the quarter and that I actually had an interior that was up to snuff while doing so. He agreed but still remained steadfast in his thoughts that the g37 was not a performance car.
Terribly misinformed "car" guys. A buddy of mine will always ask if I'm taking the "sports car" when we go somewhere and he's not referring to my Miata. He knows the G is basically a sedan version of the 370Z.

Somebody on this forum has called the G a luxury version of an American muscle car and that's a pretty good description. I love the G b/c it is a sleeper 4DSC. When I brought it home to show my wife before I bought it, she just assumed it was a luxury sedan and wasn't particularly interested. Then she drove it and she laughed at me b/c my ho hum sedan was really a wolf in sheep's clothing. It reminded her of her long lost late 90's Corvette. Lots of power in a nice wrapper.

Last edited by KEG97; 10-19-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:54 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by KEG97
Somebody on this forum has called the G a luxury version of an American muscle car
Guess who? Although probably not the first or last to do so.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-19-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:56 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Lego, the black finish on that car looks absolutely perfect. Just wow. I keep forgetting you have a black car... maybe because you don't post enough pics of it. Clearly you're taking amazing car of the finish. Good job, man.

Too much tuck on those duckfeet, buddy. And your Invidia tips are dirty.
Yeah, fixing the tuck on the duckfeet--especially the front--is on my short list of things to do.

A $7.49 car wash doesn't include cleaning the exhaust tips
Old 10-19-2014, 10:27 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
So, I have a few buddies who think the G37 sedan is just a semi luxury car with no performance whatsoever. When I told them the specs and what it can do they were literately flabbergasted. One of them (13 sti driver) actually had the audacity to say me modding my car was like someone modding their minivan. I quickly reminded him that it would be a drivers race vs. him in the in the quarter and that I actually had an interior that was up to snuff while doing so. He agreed but still remained steadfast in his thoughts that the g37 was not a performance car.
I've got "car" guys at work that want me to race a heavily modified Silverado HD spitting out 500+hp and over 1,000 lbs of torque, and get mad at me for saying I'd pass. I've got nothing to prove, plus it's kind of amusing to tick them off by saying no.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by '11G37S
I've got "car" guys at work that want me to race a heavily modified Silverado HD spitting out 500+hp and over 1,000 lbs of torque, and get mad at me for saying I'd pass. I've got nothing to prove, plus it's kind of amusing to tick them off by saying no.
If there are any sharp turns in the road on that race, you'd kick his azz.

I've never understood hotrodded trucks. Seems silly to me.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:49 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Honestly I use to think the same thing, but when you think about it the same way we think about tuning and modifying our G's it's actually pretty cool. You can take a truck with 350hp and 400lbs of torque tune it and put a racing transmission in and get almost double the hp and torque. There is quite a science to it, but I'm sure the rednecks just look at the potential output and how loud it is and do it. I respect what can be done to a diesel truck, but I'll stick to my G.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:12 AM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

How come? This looks pretty fun and safe. Lol!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkvsfuCbkdQ
Old 10-19-2014, 11:23 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Car guys? Really? They sound like punks with self-image issues. Are they equally unimpressed with the Nissan 370Z? Personally, I never dis a car that I don't know about, unless it's a hand-me-down economy car all tarted up into being something it's not. Fart cans and stupid spoilers and what-not.

IDK about the STI... I also have a buddy with a 2013 STI. I've driven it a few times, and I'm quite sure he has the edge. Not by much, though. And not a car I would ever want to own.
Na, these guys are actually gear heads in their mid 30's but of course they have their owns bias. We've driven each others car a few times and there are things I like about the STI (clutch, transmission, race car type feel) and of course things I don't care for (looks, interior, stereo, car is not as fast as it looks). On the fence about the boxxer sound as well. I think where we butt heads is he's the type that thinks only true sports cars should be modded and that I would be better off buying a second car to mod. That's already in the works but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop modding my G.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:26 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by KEG97
Terribly misinformed "car" guys. A buddy of mine will always ask if I'm taking the "sports car" when we go somewhere and he's not referring to my Miata. He knows the G is basically a sedan version of the 370Z.

Somebody on this forum has called the G a luxury version of an American muscle car and that's a pretty good description. I love the G b/c it is a sleeper 4DSC. When I brought home to show my wife before I bought it, she just assumed it was a luxury sedan and wasn't particularly interested. Then she drove it and she laughed at me b/c my ho hum sedan was really a wolf in sheep's clothing. It reminded her of her long lost late 90's Corvette. Lots of power in a nice wrapper.
Yeah, spot on my man. It's cool though, we kind of have a hidden gem in sea of sedans out there so let them keep thinking that way. One thing I do know is when I fire up my car the FI exhaust sound catches a lot of people by surprise........
Old 10-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Honestly I use to think the same thing, but when you think about it the same way we think about tuning and modifying our G's it's actually pretty cool. You can take a truck with 350hp and 400lbs of torque tune it and put a racing transmission in and get almost double the hp and torque. There is quite a science to it, but I'm sure the rednecks just look at the potential output and how loud it is and do it. I respect what can be done to a diesel truck, but I'll stick to my G.
Good points, Kirk. Sometimes my opinions shoot from the hip.

Perhaps it's a cultural thing. If I grew up with trucks, I'd probably want to mod one, either for speed or off-road. But I was a suburban baby. Still am. According to my automotive values, trucks are for hauling, not for hauling-azz.

No wait, my bad:

Last edited by Rochester; 10-19-2014 at 11:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 11:37 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

No wait, my bad:
YES! Square bodies (the truck) and round bodies (the girls)!
Old 10-20-2014, 10:12 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
started my car this morning and noticed the on the RPM gauge the 6 and 7 bulbs are out

this is gonna bother me to no end...........

anyone have a fix for this or am I at the mercy of buying a new dash or going to the dealership with lube in hand?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:32 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
My brother had his GMC work truck (diesel V8) tuned and a 5" turbo down exhaust. I don't remember what the stock specs are on that truck but he's making 775 lb. ft but don't remember the hp figure off the top of my head.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Look what I found.

I haven't really looked at the hole to see how big/small it is.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread