Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 06:19 PM
someone else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys.

I think the most striking colors for this car right now in my opinion is black or white.

Gonna wait a bit to see what I can get...

Want something nice but also as low miles as possible as I am planning to keep it long term++.

the93owner, curious... why did you want S package so bad with the AWD model, considering it's mostly just an aesthetic package for the most part?
Old 03-22-2017, 06:26 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by someone else
the93owner, curious... why did you want S package so bad with the AWD model, considering it's mostly just an aesthetic package for the most part?
I didn't like the way the bumper looked on the base models, so I knew I would change it out eventually to the sport bumper. I also wanted paddle shifters, and the sport seats are nice (more adjustability and more firm). I figured instead of adding the bumper and paddle shifters on my own, I might as well just save myself the trouble and find a model with everything included.

It sounds like all you want are the paddle shifters. It's been added to non-sport models many times before, and I think for the most part it's plug and play. So if that's all you want, you may find that just getting a base model and adding them separately may be the more economical option.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:33 PM
someone else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the93owner
I didn't like the way the bumper looked on the base models, so I knew I would change it out eventually to the sport bumper. I also wanted paddle shifters, and the sport seats are nice (more adjustability and more firm). I figured instead of adding the bumper and paddle shifters on my own, I might as well just save myself the trouble and find a model with everything included.

It sounds like all you want are the paddle shifters. It's been added to non-sport models many times before, and I think for the most part it's plug and play. So if that's all you want, you may find that just getting a base model and adding them separately may be the more economical option.
Yeah, that's definitely the route I will be going because in my area, dealers don't seem to understand the xS isn't a 'true' S but the money they are demanding is 'S' money if you know what I mean..

I definitely love the paddles though.

Dude, thank god I posted here when I did and found you guys because otherwise I was about to enter a world of hurt if I found this out after the fact. Yikes. So thank you to all!!!

I may still buy an xS model, I am not at all opposed but when I can get one for the same price as an X, with 50,000km+ less on it, it's sort of a no brainer to me.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:15 AM
Leaveatrail86

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Elohel
Looks like there was a little interest in having some sort of all-encompassing chat thread to talk about this car, give tips and reviews on techniques/products, etc. We had a few of these on the last forum I used to be a part of (8thcivic.com) and there was always a tremendous amount of info gleaned from it.

I guess I'll kick it off with this tip since it seemed well-received/unknown in the other thread I posted it in. When washing my car, I use this product to rinse off the car at the end. It's an RV water filter, but you attach it to the end of a hose and it filters the water, removing most (if not all) of the hard water contaminants. In my area, it cleans the water enough that I don't have to dry the car off and it dries on its own with zero water spots left behind. You can literally wash your car and make it spotless in like 15 minutes with this thing. Hope it helps some of you guys:

Amazon.com: Camco 40043 TastePURE RV Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector: Automotive
Thanks! Just when i thought this forum was dead, i find this. I come from e46fanatics and they always had lots on info, activity and people helping each other. Glad to see an effort being made the same way here. Lol.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:34 PM
DJE44

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
owner is on this site somewhere hes just not as active anymore. hes more active on the facebook groups. That's Drew's G37 that's not just any widebody kit either that's the liberty walk kit.

I commend him for putting all that time money and effort to making it work although for me it would have been spent on another car lol. That G37 is definitely one of a kind.

Only thing that gets me with these show cars is that you never drive them anymore I guess it just sits in your garage and trailered to shows here and there, but what would I know I ve never been that that level.
Driven to Florida, DC twice, and Boston last season.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:49 AM
Lil Uzi Skrt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Manzo Exhaust

I'm looking for a fairly cheap, but good exhaust. I've Stumbled upon Manzo, I heard it has a great sound, but i haven't heard much about the performance. Also the installation seems to be a problem. I've heard the system doesn't have the best fit. if anyone owns a Manzo or has prior knowledge of one please let me know what you think.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:11 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Uzi Skrt
I'm looking for a fairly cheap, but good exhaust. I've Stumbled upon Manzo, I heard it has a great sound, but i haven't heard much about the performance. Also the installation seems to be a problem. I've heard the system doesn't have the best fit. if anyone owns a Manzo or has prior knowledge of one please let me know what you think.
Friend of mine installed the Manzo y-pipe with his Top Speed Y-Back. The Manzo pipe oxidized heavily and turned black after just a month. So Im not 100 per cent sure if their materials are of the highest quality. If you're looking for cheap, with a decent sound, TopSpeed is a good option. On a sedan you can even go with an axelback as most of the OEM restriction is right before the mufflers.

If you're looking at performance, cats will need an upgrade on top of the exhaust. If youre looking at a full catback system, mid price range is probably the best place to aim with something like Stillen. If you just want a nice sound, I personally went with the TopSpeed Y-Back, and couldnt be happier with the result. Not overly loud, no significant drone, just deep refined sound, slightly louder than stock.

Performance will cost you more than just sound. Going with a cheap exhaust wont necessarily give you the best performance. And you will likely need a tune if you're really trying to get some more horsepower out of your VQ. With intakes, top speed, and no tune, my G37x dynoed at 289 wheel, compared to 275 stock. With a tune, I could probably get over 305, but I cant justify spending another 1k right now lol. (RWD stock is a bit higher at like 286 if I remember right)\

Im no expert on the topic by any means, so take what I say with a grain of salt, Im just going off my personal experience.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:16 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Uzi Skrt
The Top Speed y-back seems to get mostly positive reviews, and it's fairly budget friendly at around $550 shipped for almost a full exhaust system.

Or you can try to find a used catback.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:37 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
The Top Speed y-back seems to get mostly positive reviews, and it's fairly budget friendly at around $550 shipped for almost a full exhaust system.

Or you can try to find a used catback.
Used is a great way to go. For example, someone is selling a 4 month old (2k on it) ARK coupe exhaust, just 2 hour drive from me, for $1000 Canadian. Ridiculously good deal.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:21 PM
Lil Uzi Skrt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ill check it out thanks for the feedback
Old 04-01-2017, 03:59 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Finally picked up my "new" car! A 2013 G37S Sedan 6MT with 44k miles. I'm loving it so far and can't wait to get this build started.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:24 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
LOL i know exactly where that is, and i think even exactly which car that is. Jim Coleman is 20 minutes from my house and where we got my G. I was looking at that car a little while ago as a suggestion for my friend.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Finally picked up my "new" car! A 2013 G37S Sedan 6MT with 44k miles. I'm loving it so far and can't wait to get this build started.

Congrats, Z.

So what is it about the 6MT that stands out as different from your previous Sedan?
Old 04-01-2017, 05:45 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Congrats, Z.

So what is it about the 6MT that stands out as different from your previous Sedan?
The steering ratio for sure, I feel like this is the car I should've got in the first place.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:17 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
The steering ratio for sure
Yes! That aspect of the RWD Sport Package gets so easily overlooked. The steering ratio difference really is a better driving experience.

Now that you've a RWD car with LSD, turn off the TC and push the car a little hard. See what it can do.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread