G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 03:42 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by roxx
Hey guys, I've never lowered a car before and I'm looking to drop the G! Want the same rim size all the way around (19s) of these Velgens VELGEN VMB5 Matte Gunmetal // 19x9 & 19x10.5 // 20x9 & 20x10.5 // 22x9 & 22x10.5 - Velgen Wheels - Velgen Wheels once I get those new shoes, I wanna drop th car about an inch an a half, from what I've seen Eibach pro kit looks like a good option. I know nothing about camber and camber/toe kits or whatever, so if I got those rims and those springs, what would I need to make my tires last as long as possible? Thanks so much guys, I'm hyped to take the next step and get some new wheels
Get the spc front and rear camber kit to get your alignment back in spec. you might get away with rear camber kit only.Some can get the alignment in spec and some don't.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:18 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
or some just run with -2 in the rear..........
Old 04-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
or some just run with -2 in the rear..........
Haha, yep. This works for me.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Hey guys, I've never lowered a car before and I'm looking to drop the G! Want the same rim size all the way around (19s) of these Velgens VELGEN VMB5 Matte Gunmetal // 19x9 & 19x10.5 // 20x9 & 20x10.5 // 22x9 & 22x10.5 - Velgen Wheels - Velgen Wheels once I get those new shoes, I wanna drop th car about an inch an a half, from what I've seen Eibach pro kit looks like a good option. I know nothing about camber and camber/toe kits or whatever, so if I got those rims and those springs, what would I need to make my tires last as long as possible? Thanks so much guys, I'm hyped to take the next step and get some new wheels
I have these exact same.wheels but in a 20" and I'm dropped on eibach. I run -2 in the rear yet my toe is in spec and I have spc camber kit in rear only, but then again I am running 295/30 in the rear with no rubbing or issues
Old 04-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
5 hours later.....

R-Spec brake pads: installed
Brake fluid: bled/flushed with Motul RBF600
Mufflers: removed, re-spray painted, reinstalled

To do:
Clean and reinstall muffler tips
Bed in pads

I would have bedded in the pads, but it's raining. And I might have had a few beers during the install.

Removing and painting the cans was a time drain.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:58 AM
roxx

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I lied to all of you, I'm getting these black 19" M rims
Sedan Chat Thread-irn6ypp.jpg
Old 04-26-2015, 10:10 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
5 hours later.....

R-Spec brake pads: installed
Brake fluid: bled/flushed with Motul RBF600
Mufflers: removed, re-spray painted, reinstalled

To do:
Clean and reinstall muffler tips
Bed in pads

I would have bedded in the pads, but it's raining. And I might have had a few beers during the install.

Removing and painting the cans was a time drain.
Sounds like a busy day but nothing a few beers can't help.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:24 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I lied to all of you, I'm getting these black 19" M rims
Nice find Roxx! Those will go really well w/ your black trim and overall look

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Sounds like a busy day but nothing a few beers can't help.
Pretty easy to attract the cops when doing a bed-in, might make it better if you're not slurring your words when having to explain it to Johnny law

Looking forward to seeing how those black cans clean up the look
Old 04-26-2015, 06:01 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Pretty easy to attract the cops when doing a bed-in, might make it better if you're not slurring your words when having to explain it to Johnny law

Looking forward to seeing how those black cans clean up the look
I had already painted the cans with bbq grill paint when I put on the exhaust last May--my consolation prize for selling my Trans Am.. It wore to shi*. I used plasti-dip this time I'm thinking I'll just have to do this every year.

Bedded in the pads today. 2nd gear makes quick work of 10-60-10-60-10-60.....

My brakes don't squeal anymore, and the pedal is nice and firm

I also, um , didn't fully reconnect the mufflers. It's loud. I connected more of the mufflers this morning and it's much quieter. Undecided. I'm going to live with it until next weekend. I have another idea.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:46 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
I had already painted the cans with bbq grill paint when I put on the exhaust last May--my consolation prize for selling my Trans Am.. It wore to shi*. I used plasti-dip this time I'm thinking I'll just have to do this every year.

Bedded in the pads today. 2nd gear makes quick work of 10-60-10-60-10-60.....

My brakes don't squeal anymore, and the pedal is nice and firm

I also, um , didn't fully reconnect the mufflers. It's loud. I connected more of the mufflers this morning and it's much quieter. Undecided. I'm going to live with it until next weekend. I have another idea.
I want your feedback on the R spec pads, I was going to get them but then was kind of talked into centric pads which are the equivalent for stoptech pads I guess... But my brake pedal feel hasn't been nice and grabby at the top like it was from the factory before the OEM pads wore out. I'm thinking, I'll be doing R spec pads next time around and I'd like to know your opinion on them
Old 04-26-2015, 09:52 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I want your feedback on the R spec pads, I was going to get them but then was kind of talked into centric pads which are the equivalent for stoptech pads I guess... But my brake pedal feel hasn't been nice and grabby at the top like it was from the factory before the OEM pads wore out. I'm thinking, I'll be doing R spec pads next time around and I'd like to know your opinion on them
This is my second set of the R-Spec pads. I put the first set on with less than 100 miles on the car. The rears were down to the wear indicators after 25K, the fronts had some life, but I replaced both axles.

I think they provide really good initial bite with not much pressure, but the more you press, they really dig in. I'm on my second brake bleed with Motul RBF600 and the pedal is really firm.

I've never experienced brake fade. I'll let the fact that I toasted my rear pads and am on my 3rd set of summer tires in 25K be a baseline for the driving style the R-Specs where subjected to

Other pros: At $200 shipped they're a steal. I know they work and are quite--I was tempted by Endless and Project Mu, but didn't want noisy brakes or pads that sucked when cold. They are optional/standard on the 370Z/G37.

The one and only downside: they are dusty.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:11 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

What Centric pads did you end up with, the Posi Quiet Ceramics?
Old 04-27-2015, 12:05 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
This is my second set of the R-Spec pads. I put the first set on with less than 100 miles on the car. The rears were down to the wear indicators after 25K, the fronts had some life, but I replaced both axles.

I think they provide really good initial bite with not much pressure, but the more you press, they really dig in. I'm on my second brake bleed with Motul RBF600 and the pedal is really firm.

I've never experienced brake fade. I'll let the fact that I toasted my rear pads and am on my 3rd set of summer tires in 25K be a baseline for the driving style the R-Specs where subjected to

Other pros: At $200 shipped they're a steal. I know they work and are quite--I was tempted by Endless and Project Mu, but didn't want noisy brakes or pads that sucked when cold. They are optional/standard on the 370Z/G37.

The one and only downside: they are dusty.
I see, well I really want to have that same brake pedal feel as it used to be, it always grabbed at the top and was really firm.

Yeah, I figure they are, my pads are dusty too so that wouldn't be an issue given my wheels hide that wheel dust very well and I clean my wheels frequently.

I paid almost $120 for front and rear centric pads that I have, which rotors did you go with ?

Originally Posted by blnewt
What Centric pads did you end up with, the Posi Quiet Ceramics?
Crap, I'd be lying if I said I remember which ones they were... I think they were the premium blanks 120 series, that stoptech uses for their slotted and drilled rotors... I got them from rockauto because they were giving me the best price, so I don't think they're the Posi Quiet Ceramics.. I don't know really, help me out here lol... either way since they were installed the brake pedal feel didn't improve as I expected it to , and it wasn't firm and didn't grab at the top like it originally did... I think these pads work a little better after they're warmed up.

EDIT: I just found part numbers for them in my email, and they really are equivalent to Stoptech, I think matter of fact they came in a Stoptech box

Front pads part #: Centric 309.13460
Rear pads part #: Centric 309.13470

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 04-27-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:36 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

I see, well I really want to have that same brake pedal feel as it used to be, it always grabbed at the top and was really firm.

Yeah, I figure they are, my pads are dusty too so that wouldn't be an issue given my wheels hide that wheel dust very well and I clean my wheels frequently.

I paid almost $120 for front and rear centric pads that I have, which rotors did you go with ?

Crap, I'd be lying if I said I remember which ones they were... I think they were the premium blanks 120 series, that stoptech uses for their slotted and drilled rotors... I got them from rockauto because they were giving me the best price, so I don't think they're the Posi Quiet Ceramics.. I don't know really, help me out here lol... either way since they were installed the brake pedal feel didn't improve as I expected it to , and it wasn't firm and didn't grab at the top like it originally did... I think these pads work a little better after they're warmed up.

EDIT: I just found part numbers for them in my email, and they really are equivalent to Stoptech, I think matter of fact they came in a Stoptech box

Front pads part #: Centric 309.13460
Rear pads part #: Centric 309.13470
Yep, those are the Stoptech Street Performance pads, should be a nice firm bite, even when getting warmed up.
Did you bed them in as per Stoptechs site?
Stock Brake System Bed-in
Old 04-27-2015, 06:36 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

They have good initial bite right at the top of the pedal travel.

I have OE rotors.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread