G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by doublea88
Yes I do have a torque wrench and will be using the correct specs when torquing the plugs down.
Spark plugs, sure. But I was specifically talking about a pound/inch torque wrench for the VC bolts, which have to be torqued down in two passes with different torque, according to a specific bolt pattern. It's a very particular procedure... page EM-49 in the FSM addresses it on the G25, and the G37 instructions back-reference to the G25, so they're the same.

Here: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Sedan/2011/EM.pdf
Old 11-25-2014, 11:19 AM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Thanks for the link, that will definitely come in handy. It sure is complicated with how many parts and hoses you have to remove to replace something so simple. Yet the torque procedure sure is complicated, hence if you don't want any oil leaking anywhere. Will save that link for when I find the part, appreciate the help.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:21 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
So I managed to pick up some brand new FI 2.5" RHFC made for the coupe but it will fit the sedan as well.

should I tackle this install myself or just bring it to a shop only problem is I m not familiar with most shops around here. and I m worried I wont be able to break the bolts loose from it being rusted when I did my exhaust it was a nightmare.

But I m def gonna try to get a video before install and after install.
The RHFC will be paired with an ARK CBE
Old 11-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
So I managed to pick up some brand new FI 2.5" RHFC made for the coupe but it will fit the sedan as well.

should I tackle this install myself or just bring it to a shop only problem is I m not familiar with most shops around here. and I m worried I wont be able to break the bolts loose from it being rusted when I did my exhaust it was a nightmare.

If you have air tools and a friend to help drink some beers then do it. It is a pain in the ***, but I'm glad I did mine myself.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:54 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts

From what I saw them do the install didn't look too difficult. The demon bolts are the hardest to get to as you will need at least 2 - 3 extensions. Air tools can be hit or miss, but a breaker bar will suffice (it helps to have someone putting pressure on the top of the wrench so the socket doesn't slip off). After the nut is broken you can then access it from under and just hand take it off. Also, the FI cats I got weren't exactly perfect fitting as they had to bend the bracket to hold the o2 sensor wires (too tight). You also won't be able to reuse the cat brace that attached to the car.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:54 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts

I watched my mechanic do mine and the PITA bolts were just an absolute bear. If you have the right tools, and a friend to help out, go for it. If you're on your own or lacking the tools, definitely have a shop do it. There was no way I would have been able to do that on my own. Two of the bolts were (welded) seized and one of them broke off, which I hear is common for the driver's side.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Ordered 15mm wheel spacers. 3-5 day production time, then shipping. Yay
Old 11-25-2014, 03:38 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Thanks for all the feed back I ll take a look at the bolts and try to figure out if I ll be able to do it. I don't want to get a couple bolts off then get stuck half way through.

If its anything like my catback system I ll be taking it to a shop. I do have access to most of the tools including air tools because the air force bases have some really nice auto hobby shops we can rent stalls at
Old 11-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Ordered 15mm wheel spacers. 3-5 day production time, then shipping. Yay
You're going to actually like your duckfeet again. Promise.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:41 PM
DeepakG37

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey guys I need to find this fuse for this bulb up here? Both sides are shot on my car. Need help
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-0124.jpg  

Last edited by DeepakG37; 11-25-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
You're going to actually like your duckfeet again. Promise.

I've always liked the duckfeet

The issue, and you know this all too well, is the wheels tuck in when you lower the car and look sunken in. It looked a bit goofy
Old 11-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
The issue, and you know this all too well, is the wheels tuck in when you lower the car and look sunken in. It looked a bit goofy
I know it very well. Unless I'm mistaken, weren't my duckfeet, snows, swifts & spacers your 6MT Canary in the Coal Mine?
Old 11-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I know it very well. Unless I'm mistaken, weren't my duckfeet, snows, swifts & spacers your 6MT Canary in the Coal Mine?

Yep, you were my reference point for duckfeet + OE sized tires and spacers. Thanks for costing me $280
Old 11-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Thanks for all the feed back I ll take a look at the bolts and try to figure out if I ll be able to do it. I don't want to get a couple bolts off then get stuck half way through.

If its anything like my catback system I ll be taking it to a shop. I do have access to most of the tools including air tools because the air force bases have some really nice auto hobby shops we can rent stalls at

If you are working on base, make sure you have time to knock this out, it became an ALL day project for me. I don't know about your hobby shop on base but ours would close kinda early sometimes and you'd get rushed out of there.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:28 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
My mom asked me why I smile whenever I start my car or kind of get on the accelerator... she doesn't get it... lol

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread