Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
well I certainly have questions on any tips installing V3 Triton LEDs/switchbacks as the system is completely different from regular switchbacks out there, which I still have on the car, but after getting my headlights done with dual evil iron man leds, I had OnEighty bend one of the pins on the bulbs so the white doesn't stay on, only amber turn signal works, but the light output isn't good enough anymore considering the evil iron man leds are putting so much light that the turn signal is hardly noticeable anymore, therefore I got the V3 Tritons as they are the brightest, with the best light output on the market. Thanks though.
I gotcha, well I dont know much about the Triton LED's but my switchbacks I installed have a very similar lumen output and I must say they are extremely bright! Very happy with the outcome

The ones I installed claim the White is 650lm and Amber is 350lm vs the Triton White at 600lm and Amber at 430lm.

Long as it all macthes (headlights, fogs, turns) imo then your good, best of luck with the install
Old 09-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
I gotcha, well I dont know much about the Triton LED's but my switchbacks I installed have a very similar lumen output and I must say they are extremely bright! Very happy with the outcome

The ones I installed claim the White is 650lm and Amber is 350lm vs the Triton White at 600lm and Amber at 430lm.

Long as it all macthes (headlights, fogs, turns) imo then your good, best of luck with the install
I see.. but I doubt the ones you have are anywhere close to V3's light output, nothing really compares to them, hence the reason why they "claim" they have similar light output to V3s, but I might be wrong.. anyways which ones did you get? I mean my old ones were more than enough before getting my headlights done with those really killer bright Dual evil iron man LEDs and at that point the turn signal is no longer bright enough to be noticeable...

Here is a picture of the Evil iron man lights for reference... now imagine the turn signal there.. barely noticeable lol

I think I'll snap few pictures with the old turn signal and then afterwards with the new V3 Tritons for comparison
Old 09-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
I see.. but I doubt the ones you have are anywhere close to V3's light output, nothing really compares to them
There are brighter bulbs on the market than the Triton. Total measured output of the Triton (white) is only 260 lumens after reaching operating temperature. We bought a pair and ran full lab testing on it. I believe VLEDs numbers are "initial" brightness but that quickly goes down once the bulb heats up a bit.

They were designed a few years ago, and there are more efficient LEDs on the market now. Quality bulbs using those LEDs can easily exceed the total light output of the Triton.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 AM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Didn't mention if installed this way or not, but Triton has an optional dimmer wire that reduces the white LED output once the headlights are turned on.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (09-23-2014)
Old 09-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
There are brighter bulbs on the market than the Triton. Total measured output of the Triton (white) is only 260 lumens after reaching operating temperature. We bought a pair and ran full lab testing on it. I believe VLEDs numbers are "initial" brightness but that quickly goes down once the bulb heats up a bit.

They were designed a few years ago, and there are more efficient LEDs on the market now. Quality bulbs using those LEDs can easily exceed the total light output of the Triton.

Thanks,
Paul
What bulbs are brighter than V3 Tritons especially the new recently upgraded ones? Please let me know I'm definitely going to check them out because I find that hard to believe.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

What bulbs are brighter than V3 Tritons especially the new recently upgraded ones? Please let me know I'm definitely going to check them out because I find that hard to believe.
Our XP80 bulbs are measured at a true output of 510 lumens after full warm-up. But even our HP11 bulbs operate at 310 lumens, brighter than the Triton. These are actual scientific test results, not guesses or estimates from a manufacturer. The Tritons are very solid bulbs, but as I said, newer LED technologies now exist. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Mike I'm not sure of the name, I'll check later when I have time and see if I can upload a few pics of them as well. I bought them off the bay so take that for what its worth. Dont take this personal but with everything else so dam bright upfront on your car....I dont even see the point of having the need of high output swithcbacks???? I mean how often do you run your headlights with your iron man on and turns at the same time? that would just defeat the purpose.....

off que a little bit here but why did you choose the 1/2 iron man vs the full?
Old 09-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Mik3G37S

Mike I'm not sure of the name, I'll check later when I have time and see if I can upload a few pics of them as well. I bought them off the bay so take that for what its worth. Dont take this personal but with everything else so dam bright upfront on your car....I dont even see the point of having the need of high output swithcbacks???? I mean how often do you run your headlights with your iron man on and turns at the same time? that would just defeat the purpose.....

off que a little bit here but why did you choose the 1/2 iron man vs the full?
I just like all my lights bright and visible, I'm very **** about lights on my car, and want my turn signal to be noticeable when running my dual evil iron mans on.

The reason why I went for the "1/2" dual iron man vs the full is because
1) not many people have that
2) I really like the evil look
3)To compliment the evil iron man look front and back (outdated picture with old Invidia exhaust)

EDIT: to clear things up I was just talking about amber LEDs not switchbacks that I'm getting, the reason why I asked about V3 Triton Amber LEDs/switchbacks is because they are the same thing, same kit and I was just interested in how easy the install is but all I'm getting installed is V3 Triton amber LEDs in place of my old switchbacks as my turn signals are no longer noticeable with iron mans

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 09-23-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Mik3G37S

Our XP80 bulbs are measured at a true output of 510 lumens after full warm-up. But even our HP11 bulbs operate at 310 lumens, brighter than the Triton. These are actual scientific test results, not guesses or estimates from a manufacturer. The Tritons are very solid bulbs, but as I said, newer LED technologies now exist. Thanks!
Okay, you got me there! any pictures more preferably videos of those XP80 bulbs in action vs V3s or any other LEDs for comparison? Also found the flasher replacement way of fixing hyperblinking pretty interesting, is that applicable on our cars? I like that but even if I opted out for the bulbs, I think it wouldn't make sense to get the flasher replacement since I already have resistors added to turn signal bulbs' circuits for my current ones
Old 09-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
I just like all my lights bright and visible, I'm very **** about lights on my car, and want my turn signal to be noticeable when running my dual evil iron mans on.

3)To compliment the evil iron man look front and back (outdated picture with old Invidia exhaust)

I'm just not feeling it either pro or con. But I will say this: that's one cool picture.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm just not feeling it either pro or con. But I will say this: that's one cool picture.
haha yeah me and my buddy were playing around with a flashlight that day of the photoshoot once it got darker and it came out pretty cool

Now after looking at this picture, and seeing that red little dot visible through the back window, I remembered John, that last time You,Kevin, Ahmed and I met up, you shut off my Valentine 1 radar detector off I guess, must have annoyed the hell out of you when you took my car for a drive down the road, poor guy didn't know how to mute it
Old 09-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

EDIT: to clear things up I was just talking about amber LEDs not switchbacks that I'm getting
Now that makes alot more sense to me and the diff light color should help each offset the other as well as compliment them. Pics once done pls and I actually dont mind the taillights like that. Def something diff and now your iron man def pulls the whole thing together.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Now after looking at this picture, and seeing that red little dot visible through the back window, I remembered John, that last time You,Kevin, Ahmed and I met up, you shut off my Valentine 1 radar detector off I guess, must have annoyed the hell out of you when you took my car for a drive down the road, poor guy didn't know how to mute it
That's true. My bad for not mentioning that, although I'm sure you figured it out right away.

I believe my actual thoughts in the moment were, "What the fck is all this ****?"
The following users liked this post:
Choman (10-07-2014)
Old 09-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Okay, you got me there! any pictures more preferably videos of those XP80 bulbs in action vs V3s or any other LEDs for comparison? Also found the flasher replacement way of fixing hyperblinking pretty interesting, is that applicable on our cars? I like that but even if I opted out for the bulbs, I think it wouldn't make sense to get the flasher replacement since I already have resistors added to turn signal bulbs' circuits for my current ones
We haven't put together a direct comparison video of our HP11 or XP80 vs. the Tritons, but we have measured them in-house to determine the true lumen outputs under normal operating conditions.

Unfortunately the flasher module is not replaceable on the G-cars, otherwise it would be the best solution. If you've already added resistors to your turn signals you are good to go

If you have any questions about our LEDs, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Mik3G37S

Now that makes alot more sense to me and the diff light color should help each offset the other as well as compliment them. Pics once done pls and I actually dont mind the taillights like that. Def something diff and now your iron man def pulls the whole thing together.
Yeah, I like the look front and back I will keep you posted once I get them installed.

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's true. My bad for not mentioning that, although I'm sure you figured it out right away.

I believe my actual thoughts in the moment were, "What the fck is all this ****?"
haha yeah I did, right away when I started my car after we got out of applebee's. Haha many people have that reaction to it if they're not used to it

We haven't put together a direct comparison video of our HP11 or XP80 vs. the Tritons, but we have measured them in-house to determine the true lumen outputs under normal operating conditions.

Unfortunately the flasher module is not replaceable on the G-cars, otherwise it would be the best solution. If you've already added resistors to your turn signals you are good to go

If you have any questions about our LEDs, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.
so if the XP80 are brighter vs the Tritons in reality , I am highly considering them especially since I already have the 6 Ohm Load resistors added to the circuit, although I like how the Triton's whole kit seems high end comparing to just those simple Load resistors tapped into the circuit and another thing is that I already have the tritons sitting in the trunk, so now I'd have to return them, if they would accept them and order from you guys.. decisions decisions

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread