G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:19 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Damn Rex, you guys are just on a bad run as far as receiving your parts. Seems like nobody in your Chat meetup has gotten anything to their door that's been correct, and in your case it can't be traced. Ouch, hope they show up as planned.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:30 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I'm fairly certain the whole light housing has to be replaced.
As far as to why~Chit happens
Damn, that means they have to replace two lights. That's covered under warranty, no?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Damn, that means they have to replace two lights. That's covered under warranty, no?
Should be assuming no damage to the housing that they could blame on the owner.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Damn Rex, you guys are just on a bad run as far as receiving your parts. Seems like nobody in your Chat meetup has gotten anything to their door that's been correct, and in your case it can't be traced. Ouch, hope they show up as planned.
Been a rough go, in my case at least I know it's the shipping company causing the issues not the "vendor". I'm hoping for the best, the engine bay and accessories will be here tomorrow according to the tracking system. So I'll try and stay positive. Everything is moving forward well so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:10 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Should be assuming no damage to the housing that they could blame on the owner.
Nothing wrong with the lights visibly. Looks like I'll be needing two new taillights.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Mik3G37S, your PM inbox is full. Clean it out, you igit.
Done
Old 04-18-2014, 05:39 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Nothing wrong with the lights visibly. Looks like I'll be needing two new taillights.
Are they out in the same light or one out in each? Hopefully they don't give you any pushback. I had a little this week when getting the car back but got them to cover just about everything.

And now you've made me think of my lights so since I can't sleep I'm going to go and check them and see what work I can get done to the car before heading to work.

Last edited by RexHavoc; 04-18-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Piled the family into the G, stroller in the trunk, and went shopping for swing sets. There was a lot of noise coming from the 6 month old, but the 3 year old said she was ok, so we continued.

Turns out the swing set store relocated, so here we are, in a vacant parking lot, in a not so great part of Charlotte, and my wife decides to get out and check on the baby.

Of course she had vomited. All over herself, all over the car seat, all over the seat back. Joy. So wifey strips her down and takes to cleaning stuff up with baby wipes. I occupy the other kid.

Wifey recommended taking the puke filled baby wipes "over there to the garbage can" to throw them away. The garbage can in front of a vacant storefront with 3 unsavory characters watching us. I declined and put them in the trunk

I took the car seats down and cleaned and conditioned the rear seats. And now my trunk houses paper towels and a roll of dog poop bags
Old 04-18-2014, 09:40 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Are they out in the same light or one out in each? Hopefully they don't give you any pushback. I had a little this week when getting the car back but got them to cover just about everything.

And now you've made me think of my lights so since I can't sleep I'm going to go and check them and see what work I can get done to the car before heading to work.

One LED out in each light. LED's are supposed to last 10 years so unless this car was flooded I don't see how they could give me any pushback.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:57 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

They shouldn't. I didn't get pushback on LEDs but on a couple other parts they tried to charge me or tell me I needed to take the car to a muffler shop. Got it all worked through but it was a bit if a PITA.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:49 PM
kevinsx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Myy gf surprised me with a midnight grill. I went back home today to install it and found out the lawn mower guys left me an even bigger surprise. My car was covered in dirt and scratches. The whole back bumper, trunk, spoiler SCRATCHES!. Left front and back door SCRATCHES!. I always try to keep the car clean and shiny , now it looks like it has recently won the rally championship.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:51 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinsx
Myy gf surprised me with a midnight grill. I went back home today to install it and found out the lawn mower guys left me an even bigger surprise. My car was covered in dirt and scratches. The whole back bumper, trunk, spoiler SCRATCHES!. Left front and back door SCRATCHES!. I always try to keep the car clean and shiny , now it looks like it has recently won the rally championship.
Are they scratches or swirl marks? I'd be furious to see some ignorant lawn care group using a blower around vehicles.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 PM
kevinsx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just gave it a good wash. theyare all hair scratches. I even found tiny rocks in the muffler too. I will try to buff they off tomorrow. So ****. I doubt that call aand complaint would make a different
Connor, how is ur headlight project going?
Old 04-20-2014, 07:14 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Are they scratches or swirl marks? I'd be furious to see some ignorant lawn care group using a blower around vehicles.
Originally Posted by kevinsx
I just gave it a good wash. theyare all hair scratches. I even found tiny rocks in the muffler too. I will try to buff they off tomorrow. So ****. I doubt that call aand complaint would make a different
Connor, how is ur headlight project going?
I had a "talk" with the crew around here. Doesn't happen any longer. I'm not saying I would suggest it but we came to terms.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:21 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I scream at my lawn guys every two weeks about that ****. I keep telling them to leave it, I'll sweep it with a broom. I don't think Pedro and sons understand me. Maybe I should resort to the universal language of Glock? Just kidding, but it does drive me nuts.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread