Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Remote starter installed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 05:08 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by 91ZCpe
I'm interested in the EVO-all as well. I see that you're in NOVA; do you know how to install this? If so, maybe I can buy the flash tool and you could help install this for me and you can use the flash tool for your car. Let me know..
I actually ordered a SmartStart system also and got such a good deal on it that I'm selling my EVO-ALL. It's for sale in the market place if your interested. I can meet you locally.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:13 PM
NeverEnough007

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Snaoum
If you want plug and play, look into the Xpress DB-ALL2.
Thank you for the info!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:38 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 91ZCpe
I'm interested in the EVO-all as well. I see that you're in NOVA; do you know how to install this? If so, maybe I can buy the flash tool and you could help install this for me and you can use the flash tool for your car.

Let me know..
Go get yourself a DBALL or a DBALL2 and a T-Harness. I have the XKLOADER2 to flash your module already.

I purchased the T-Harness from Kartunes in Sterling, VA and it's a direct plug and play - you only need to splice wires IIRC.
The following users liked this post:
91ZCpe (01-21-2014)
Old 12-17-2013, 08:20 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

I installed my DBALL interface along with the optional T-Harness. The harness has connectors that allow you to tap the Key port, brake switch and OBDII without making any splices. The only wires I had to tap was a negative lead for the PTS button, and driver door pin output.

The module works great - I can utilize the OEM key fob for remote starting feature by pressing the lock button 3 times within 4 seconds. I've programmed the module to only run for 10 minutes and have enable the running protection system. The DBALL will shut the car off if I have the key away from the running vehicle for more than 5 minutes. I'll see how annoying that feature gets.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Jamsey Aimsey

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
connoisseurr

Could you put together a detailed DIY to install the Xpress DB-ALL2 with a T-Harness to hook this up. It seems fairly easy but you still must know what you're hooking up...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.... thank you my friend

Nick
Old 12-17-2013, 01:09 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jamsey Aimsey
connoisseurr

Could you put together a detailed DIY to install the Xpress DB-ALL2 with a T-Harness to hook this up. It seems fairly easy but you still must know what you're hooking up...

Nick
I'll try to put something together absolutely. I'll go ahead and post a new thread so it's related to the DBALL. I need to get back under my dash and tie up some more wire and close up my passenger side so I'll take care of that.

You will need to extend three wires in the middle - keeping the plug pin: (add about 5 feet of wire for each lead)
Door lock output (green/black wire; keep connector pin on end)
Door unlock output (black/white wire; keep connector pin on end)
Door pin output (red/black wire; can remove connector pin as you are tapping wire)

You're tapping the following connectors with the T-harness:
OBDII port
Key Port
Brake Switch

Wires to tap:
PTS negative lead (solid brown wire)
Door Pin Output (BCM 40-pin green plug, wire 39 - mine way gray)

Wires to install:
Door lock output (BCM 40-pin green plug, pin 37 - plug wire into empty space)
Door unlock output (BCM 40-pin green plug, pin 15 - plug wire into empty space)

Programming took 5 minutes and I was testing the remote start feature rather quickly.

Look for that new thread in a week or two. BTW you can use the DBALL for your Infiniti. I didn't see any new suppored features that the DBALL2 offered for the G so I just kept my DBALL.

Last edited by connoisseurr; 12-17-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:05 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamsey Aimsey
connoisseurr

Nick
What he said ^^
Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM
inyquest
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Snaoum
So I just finished installing a remote starter in my 2011 G37xS sedan. I have installed many remote starters in the past so I've got some experience under my belt. I used this time a Fortin EVO ALL bypass. That is all I used, I did not buy a remote starter. The bypass once programmed has an option to be set as a remote starter. What this bypass does is start the car just like if you were sitting in the car, it uses Infiniti's electronics to start the car. I got the EVO ALL off Amazon for $65 and it took about 1.5 hrs. Press 3X Lock to start and 3x Lock to turn off. Works flawlessly. For anyone that wants factory type remote starter, this is the way to do it, cheap, reliable and easy. A shop should be able to do this for less than $300.

So you can use the Infiniti keyfob to start the car?

Would this void a warranty?
Old 12-17-2013, 05:02 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by inyquest
So you can use the Infiniti keyfob to start the car?

Would this void a warranty?
I use my Infiniti Keyfob - I press the lock button 3 times within a 4 second time frame, and it starts the car.

I'm sure it voids your warranty, but what DOESN'T void your warranty these days
Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

I installed the EVO Fortin on my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, fortunately they had a plug n play T-harness which made it a breeze and seems to work flawless. didn't realize I needed to buy the programmer at first to enable the remote start function, seems dumb to me.

Last edited by botlfed98; 01-17-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:16 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Go get yourself a DBALL or a DBALL2 and a T-Harness. I have the XKLOADER2 to flash your module already.

I purchased the T-Harness from Kartunes in Sterling, VA and it's a direct plug and play - you only need to splice wires IIRC.
how much was it?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:05 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

I got the DBALL for $29, flashloader for $22, and I paid the most for the harness, and that was $49. You only need to use the flashloader once, unless you want to keep the firmware updated on your DB module.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got the DBALL for $29, flashloader for $22, and I paid the most for the harness, and that was $49. You only need to use the flashloader once, unless you want to keep the firmware updated on your DB module.
Can you tell us where you got these parts? Did you get the Dball or the Dball2? I'm not sure what the difference is.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:52 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Skyfox16
Can you tell us where you got these parts? Did you get the Dball or the Dball2? I'm not sure what the difference is.
DBALL will be all you need so save money by going with that.

DBALL and XKLoader2 were from eBay, and the harness came from a local distributor that sells Directed and Xpresskit gear. Go on Xpresskit's website to find a local dealer.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DBALL will be all you need so save money by going with that.

DBALL and XKLoader2 were from eBay, and the harness came from a local distributor that sells Directed and Xpresskit gear. Go on Xpresskit's website to find a local dealer.
Ok thanks! Did you get the smart start installed? i was wondering if it just plugs into the dball or if you have to connect extra wires for that part? I'm on the fence about just using the OEM remote or trying to add something else for longer range (just not sure how things hookup to the dball).

Quick Reply: Remote starter installed!