Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Remote starter installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:44 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by serega13
I'm thinking of buying EVO-NIST (Amazon.com: Fortin - EVO-NIST1 - Stand-Alone Remote Starter System For Nissan Infiniti With Push-To-Start Smart Key: Electronics) which comes prewired for Nissan and Infiniti with push start button. How hard will it be to install? I've hard wired radar detector and replaced start button with GTR button so I'd like to think that I'm handy but this seems like a serious undertaking...this is for wife's automatic sedan.

Also, do I need to buy flash-link firmware update with EVO-NIST?
i installed the plug n play kit on my Jeep Cherokee. I would have also went with the EVO-NIST for my Infiniti if they had the plug n play harness out sooner since I already bought the flash-link programmer. Kit looks promising, I would try it out.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What did everyone do with all the extra wires that don't get hooked up? Did you just cut them really short?

The t harness has a lot of spare wires and last time I left them alone but i wanted to try and do a cleaner Install this time.

Last edited by Skyfox16; 12-12-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:12 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyfox16
What did everyone do with all the extra wires that don't get hooked up? Did you just cut them really short?

The t harness has a lot of spare wires and last time I left them alone but i wanted to try and do a cleaner Install this time.
I used some of the extra wire to make the connection to the BCM longer
Old 12-14-2014, 02:37 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

I didn't hook any wires to my BCM....
Old 12-14-2014, 09:49 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Did you hook it up to panel on the driver passenger side like the video?
Old 12-15-2014, 11:55 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Originally Posted by flipmode007
Did you hook it up to panel on the driver passenger side like the video?
nope, only wire I hooked up was the PTS
Old 12-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Originally Posted by botlfed98
nope, only wire I hooked up was the PTS
So you didn't run the one green wire with the metal pin on the end over to the passenger side and yours still starts?

I just tried installed the dballpro2 and all I'm having is issues. I'm able to program it fine. I hit lock x3 and i see the dball led blink green, my parking lights flash then the unit starts to blink orange and red. it repeats this about 3 times then it doesn't do anything. I tried re flashing it multiple times and still no luck. not sure what i am doing wrong.

last time with the dball2 everything plugged in an it started right up.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:18 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Skyfox16
So you didn't run the one green wire with the metal pin on the end over to the passenger side and yours still starts?

I just tried installed the dballpro2 and all I'm having is issues. I'm able to program it fine. I hit lock x3 and i see the dball led blink green, my parking lights flash then the unit starts to blink orange and red. it repeats this about 3 times then it doesn't do anything. I tried re flashing it multiple times and still no luck. not sure what i am doing wrong.

last time with the dball2 everything plugged in an it started right up.
did you try what mystikal posted here

I used only the DBALL2Pro...This is the only module that still supports 3x remote start with factory remote..The same steps worked for me last night when I installed the same kit on my dads car, he has the same car as me lol...That install took me about 25 minutes.

What do you have? What type of car? Year? Are you using the config wizard that pops up? It should ask you to put your vehicle info...
couple things:
1) program module with the xloader on the site, using the config wizard..Make sure you select viper alarm, and uncheck security (that should be the first sceen)
Hit "next" and check the options to find virtual tach...Change IT to Virtual Tach, it should be under Tachometer.

2) make sure on the module you either; CUT the LOOP if you have a Automatic car. Or keep the LOOP if you have manual

3) If you successfully loaded the firmware, and you plugged everything up and the module is BLINKING! Then perform the reset on the module using the manual...I think it goes:
Unplug the White harness (power to the module). Hold down programming button, plug in the white harness...wait for several seconds until the lights solid, then release the button. The light should go off and come back on solid (if it didn't try it again, follow the manual)
Afterwards you should be able to program the key; 1) hit unlock, 2) place key fob in port, 3) hold down brakes for 5 seconds, or until green light 4) remove key fob 5) Test it out.

Good luck
Old 12-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Yes, thats exactly how i programed mine and hooked it up. i ended trying a second dball2pro and it still didn't work. i'm stumped.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:19 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

try to do a hard reset of the device, can you post a video of the device and what it does.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Ya i can do a video tomorrow after work. it was getting too cold her in Ohio so i gave up for today.

I noticed it says there are two version of the T harness - what version did you guys get? Mine says THNISS3C (rev1).
Attached Thumbnails Remote starter installed!-photo-dec-17-11-22-00-pm.jpg  
Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 PM
MylilG

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm actually trying to figure out what remote start to go with and the dball2pro, I think, is my best option since it still supports the 3x lock start. What is the difference between the THNISS3 and the THINSS3c harness?
Old 12-18-2014, 12:16 PM
mystikal
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you get the Dballpro you need the harness that goes with it THINSS3c

Make sure you cut the loop if your car is auto!

If your getting the response from the module to the cars computer Im not sure.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Skyfox16
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mystikal
If you get the Dballpro you need the harness that goes with it THINSS3c

Make sure you cut the loop if your car is auto!

If your getting the response from the module to the cars computer Im not sure.
Mine is auto and i have the yellow loop cut. Do we know what the green wire to the BCM is doing? I saw above that someone didnt even connect that wire and it still worked. Otherwise its all plug and play except for the PTS tap which is why i am stumped.

I know when i used the dball2 last year i had to connect 3 wires to the BCM and i see now its only showing 1 wire in the manual - is this because of a newer firmware for the dball2?

Ill do a hard reset on the dball and reprogram it and make a video later today.

Last edited by Skyfox16; 12-18-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:18 PM
MylilG

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok. I'm pretty confused now. I went on the "direct" website and it still says the regular dball is still RSR. I thought someone had mentioned that they weren't RSR with the 3x lock anymore. Am I reading this right? I want to get either one but I want to make sure I'm getting the right one. Can someone direct me in the right path please? I just want to be able to remote start my 2008 g35x with the 3x lock feature.

Quick Reply: Remote starter installed!