Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Remote starter installed!

Old 11-18-2014, 10:20 AM
mystikal
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by flipmode007
According to this picture it does support, if you look at the Dball2pro there's a dot under 3x locks start (start control using OEM remote).
The only thing is to make sure its the same install as the dball/2
Did you attempt to install it?

I found this online and theres a couple of manuals (3) using the same 4 wires..
1. Unlock output
2. Push to start
3. Lock Output
4. Door pin output

NISSAN/INFINITI PTS TYPE T HARNESS FOR DBALL2Pro

Im tempted to buy the DBALLPRO + Optional Harness + Loader.= $199 lol
Old 11-18-2014, 12:16 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Without reading all 11 pages of this thread, I was wondering if anyone can tell me...can a 2011 G37x be programmed to work with the 5-button remotes? Once done, can I have the remote-start work with the top button of the remote?

Old 11-19-2014, 12:10 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by mystikal
Did you attempt to install it?

I found this online and theres a couple of manuals (3) using the same 4 wires..
1. Unlock output
2. Push to start
3. Lock Output
4. Door pin output

Im tempted to buy the DBALLPRO + Optional Harness + Loader.= $199 lol
No I haven't install it yet, I'm still waiting to hear from Directed to see if its the same install as indicated in the DIY posted in couple of pages before. If I don't hear anything from them I may bring it somewhere and have them install it.

To bad we can't use the harness that come with the DBALLPRO. Try ebay and amazon to compare the prices
$199, that's the average price for an car starter, coworker told me he paid $199 for his but don't forget there's more option in the pro than its predecessor.

by any chance do you have the link of those manuals?

Last edited by flipmode007; 11-19-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:12 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
Without reading all 11 pages of this thread, I was wondering if anyone can tell me...can a 2011 G37x be programmed to work with the 5-button remotes? Once done, can I have the remote-start work with the top button of the remote?

what is the top button for?? and I'm pretty sure it can because it used the lock button not the top one, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
tks
Old 11-19-2014, 08:37 AM
G37Xtreme

what is the top button for?? and I'm pretty sure it can because it used the lock button not the top one, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
tks
I think the top button is the remote start button on cars equipped from the factory with remote start. Is it not? I admit, I made that assumption.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:54 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Top botton is for remote start. Only works on JX35/QX60/QX56/QX80. BCM will not register with key. Already tired it.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:49 AM
mystikal
Registered Member

No I haven't install it yet, I'm still waiting to hear from Directed to see if its the same install as indicated in the DIY posted in couple of pages before. If I don't hear anything from them I may bring it somewhere and have them install it.

To bad we can't use the harness that come with the DBALLPRO. Try ebay and amazon to compare the prices
$199, that's the average price for an car starter, coworker told me he paid $199 for his but don't forget there's more option in the pro than its predecessor.

by any chance do you have the link of those manuals?
Well I went ahead and bought the:
-DBALL2 Pro
-optional T-Harness: THNISS3C
(looks like it would work with my g37:
http://www.xpresskit.com/Compatibili...ctid=568&c=223)
-with the Loader.

I figured that the PRO had more features than the regular...but I wouldn't be use the other features lol.

Hopefully i get this before the weekend...and I'll attempt to install it. Shouldn't be too difficult.
The manual can be found:
http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=568

Then go down to: Download Manuals.

Last edited by mystikal; 11-19-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: updating
Old 11-19-2014, 03:54 PM
djdiskino

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
I finished my install of adding on the RFTD module and antenna to my DBALL2 finally.

I used this module from Directed: XL-202 RFTD

RF To Data Interface Module (5 Volt Directed IVU Version)

This antenna: 6711T 2-Way

DEI 6711T Responder LC3 Antenna Receiver w/ Cable Viper Python Clifford

And finally this remote:
Robot Check Robot Check

All in all I should have bought a remote start kit with an alarm but I was hoping to use my existing remotes from my last viper product with no dice.

To add insult to injury I had to purchase the XK Loader 2 so I could flash the RFTD module with the proper infiniti firmware. Finally works and the range is AWESOME with the 2 way HD SST remotes. Also has a rechargeable battery and I have that feeling of accomplishment that I got it done. If anyone has questions let me know.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:50 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mystikal
Well I went ahead and bought the:
-DBALL2 Pro
-optional T-Harness: THNISS3C
(looks like it would work with my g37:
http://www.xpresskit.com/Compatibili...ctid=568&c=223)
-with the Loader.

I figured that the PRO had more features than the regular...but I wouldn't be use the other features lol.

Hopefully i get this before the weekend...and I'll attempt to install it. Shouldn't be too difficult.
The manual can be found:

Then go down to: Download Manuals.
Be careful because when looked into Vehicle Application Guide it only showed that the g37 is compatible with the
Platform: DBALL/DBALL2
Firmware: NISS3HT
but we're using the
DBALL2 Pro,T-Harness: THNISS3C
when I was using the flash tool, it only worked with firmware 800.NISS3HT 2.24.106a for infiniti g37 using DBALL2PRO.

For that information, I found it in their new site : https://www.directechs.com/
it should contain more info about the DBALL2PRO.
Attached Thumbnails Remote starter installed!-img_3307.jpg  
Old 11-20-2014, 08:26 AM
blueis300
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Was going to have Best Buy install one on my car. Not sure who else to trust around here. Anything I can suggest or make sure they do during the install? They keep having this supposed daily deals where something that is $599 for $299. Supposed to include an app to start your car with your phone.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:16 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blueis300
Was going to have Best Buy install one on my car. Not sure who else to trust around here. Anything I can suggest or make sure they do during the install? They keep having this supposed daily deals where something that is $599 for $299. Supposed to include an app to start your car with your phone.
Directed also come with an app that start your car with your phone
all for less than $900.
Attached Thumbnails Remote starter installed!-img_3330.jpg  
Old 11-20-2014, 09:20 AM
G37Xtreme

Directed also come with an app that start your car with your phone
all for less than $900.
For $900, I'll just pay myself $1 each time I have to go out and start my car by hand. One thing that a remote starter can't do is start the rear defrost (or can it...maybe some can?)

I know a standard factory remote starter probably can't turn on the rear defrost. Most other things can be set the night before so when you turn off the car, they come on properly. Two features that I know aren't persistent are the rear defrost and steering wheel heater (not the G, but my Maxima had it, and it turns off when the car does, and can't be left on).

If these next-gen car starters can control those types of things...then maybe they're worth $900.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:12 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

I think I read somewhere that the Dballpro had the capability to turn the front defrost on at a certain temperature also.
mystikal Can you please take some pic and do a DIY for us well for me pls
will greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by flipmode007; 11-22-2014 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:59 AM
mystikal
Registered Member

Sure

I think I read somewhere that the Dballpro had the capability to turn the front defrost on at a certain temperature also.
mystikal Can you please take some pic and do a DIY for us well for me pls
will greatly appreciate it.
I got the DBALLPRO in the mail yesterday...but haven't got the Harness nor the Loader. Those will come in next week according to the jerks at amazon...
Its been getting a little chilly in Orlando, so I'll try to install it sometime next week. I like a warm and cozy car in the mornings lol.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 PM
mystikal
Registered Member

Ok so I ran into a big issue...I didn't install the kit as of yet, because I do not see the 4.Red/Black-) Door Pin Output wire.
One wire came with a Pin connected on it, the 2: Green/Black: (-) Push-To-Start wire.

I emailed Direct about the Harness and what I should do. Hoping to get a reply asap. I dont have time to spare messing around with it, just need an answer asap.

Im also thinking that maybe since its a newer kit and the pro...the PTS wire is the only wire to be connected since it is the only one that has a pin connector on it??? BUT IDK.

Check the wires out....
Attached Thumbnails Remote starter installed!-img_0740.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote starter installed!