Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's next for Newt?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
Brad I would like your opinion on what color wrap would look good. Im thinking something like a military satin green. I know off topic
Old 12-13-2013, 12:09 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunny G
Brad is a cool guy. He checks up on me every now and then. I am glad there are members like him on the forum. Plus who else am I going to go back and forth with on wheel fitment
Back at ya Sunny, nice to see you around. As far as a wrap color, Metrorestyling.com has a great selection of all the major brands. I'm partial to darker colors and am considering a Dark Blue Matte, if I do end up doing it it'll for sure be a color not close to OEM, so a dark blue, deep maroon, and most likely a matte or satin finish. It's pretty cool seeing all the options in vinyl right now and it should only get better. Here's the Avery vinyl selections, I had them send me several samples and at 99cents a sample it's not bad to get some ideas. Not sure about dark green, I guess it depends what your trim, wheels, etc look like.
Avery Supreme Wrapping Films
The following users liked this post:
Sunny G (12-13-2013)
Old 12-13-2013, 03:08 AM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
Thanks brother and you know how slowly these things progress with one thing at a time. When I get the samples I'll put me up on the car and see which ones look nice. I'll send you some pics
blnewt (12-13-2013)
Old 08-05-2014, 12:19 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Well it's been a while so I guess I'd better do something

Just fabricated the front brackets (1/2" 6061-T6 Aluminum) for my Wilwood Superlight BBK and everything lined up exactly as I measured. Wheels clear w/ about 3mm gap
Painted the basic 14" rotors w/ satin black caliper paint and from all I've read this will hold off rust for a few years. Damn these things are heavy though, Superlite calipers & Superheavy rotors
Won't be actually running these for about a month, have a 1600 mile road trip, probably not a good idea for road testing 800 miles from home
Rear BBK in the near future.............

Here's a few pics and my hillbilly rolling shot FTW

Old 08-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
For that last pic, did you spin that wheel while off the floor on the jack? Haha... that's pretty cool, Brad.

Excellent mod. Well thought out, with unique parts.
blnewt (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 12:49 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Rochester
For that last pic, did you spin that wheel while off the floor on the jack? Haha... that's pretty cool, Brad.

Excellent mod. Well thought out, with unique parts.
Yep, probably the closest thing I'll ever get to a true rolling shot, so I had to go the hillbilly route
Thanks for the kind words, like I've said before, I'm trying to copy the way you approach your upgrades, give it a bit more thought and try to see the end game (or at least further down the road).
Rochester (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Thanks for the kind words, like I've said before, I'm trying to copy the way you approach your upgrades, give it a bit more thought and try to see the end game (or at least further down the road).
Srsly?

I suppose Step #1 is to figure out how long you intend to have the car. After that, it's a simple (LOL) matter of researching mod options, and planning them out year over year. That let's you fit things into a budget, while providing enough slack to change your mind as you learn new things.

blah blah blah. You're a nice guy, Brad, whereas I can be an opinionated d1ck sometimes, so in that respect you're influencing me more than I am you.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Well it's been a while so I guess I'd better do something

Just fabricated the front brackets (1/2" 6061-T6 Aluminum) for my Wilwood Superlight BBK and everything lined up exactly as I measured. Wheels clear w/ about 3mm gap
Painted the basic 14" rotors w/ satin black caliper paint and from all I've read this will hold off rust for a few years. Damn these things are heavy though, Superlite calipers & Superheavy rotors
Won't be actually running these for about a month, have a 1600 mile road trip, probably not a good idea for road testing 800 miles from home
Rear BBK in the near future.............

Here's a few pics and my hillbilly rolling shot FTW

I like! Can't wait to wrap up my BBK upgrade.
blnewt (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
looks good...now you truly went black on black on black on black...car reminds of a some white chicks at the club...bwahahaha sorry couldnt resist.
blnewt (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 02:22 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Rochester
Srsly?

I suppose Step #1 is to figure out how long you intend to have the car. After that, it's a simple (LOL) matter of researching mod options, and planning them out year over year. That let's you fit things into a budget, while providing enough slack to change your mind as you learn new things.

blah blah blah. You're a nice guy, Brad, whereas I can be an opinionated d1ck sometimes, so in that respect you're influencing me more than I am you.
I've kind of settled into the mind frame that I'll be keeping this for at least a few more years. My wife really likes the car and there's nothing out there that's really shouting at us right now. She watches kids during the day so having useable back seats is still a priority. Nice to have an influence on a stand-up guy, and it definitely works both ways.

Originally Posted by Paratrooper
I like! Can't wait to wrap up my BBK upgrade.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to updates on yours as well.
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
looks good...now you truly went black on black on black on black...car reminds of a some white chicks at the club...bwahahaha sorry couldnt resist.
You know what they say, once you go, you can't go back

Thanks for the kind words. There were a few combos I considered from red w/ black letters, black w/ red letters, and what I ended up with which is just a good clear coat to give it some pop. I think it was the right choice.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:10 PM
tchoke

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
brad is one of the nicest people on here the guy answers unsolicited msgs and loves to help people out, that being said he has one of the nicest cars on here very tastefully modded
and is the diy king.
i recommend a little bit of rice
Name:  IMG_20140727_211310_zpsuw0z0nbd.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  22.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20140727_211054_zps2nm5gcov.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  97.6 KB

picture sucks but you get the point, this was a plug and play and i see them on amazon now.
blnewt (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 05:23 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Thanks^^
I actually thought those Infiniti emblem lights would look pretty cool if you could mount it so when you open your hood it would show the lit emblem on the underside hood liner. That would be once you have an engine bay worth showing off that is.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Those calipers are absolutely beautiful.

Why did you go with Willwoods vs trying to pick up a set if akebonos?
blnewt (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 08:56 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Those calipers are absolutely beautiful.

Why did you go with Willwoods vs trying to pick up a set if akebonos?
1)~I would have had to buy 10mm spacers to clear the Akebonos, this would put my tires right at the fender edge and wouldn't be worth the potential damage. Having to buy a new set of wheels wasn't going to fly so Wilwoods have more room to the front so a big win!
2)~Wanted something different and have always liked Wilwood brakes, pretty rare to see US companies that still manufacture in the states, so another win!
3)~Wilwood Superlites have an awesome selection of pads and the pads are huge, .80" thick so win #3.
I love the look of all the Akebono Gs, but I think this worked out best for me
Appreciate the kind words too Chris
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Hey Brad, remember when I found those Infiniti logo lights on Ebay? They actually aren't bad for what they are. I'm wondering if they can be taken apart and have better LEDs stuffed into them to make the logo pop more? This could be the start of something.

Those front brakes look sharp. Congrats
blnewt (08-05-2014)

Quick Reply: What's next for Newt?