G37 Sedan

Side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:19 AM
xgjxdjyh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the mirrors off a Maxima with the turn signal fit the G37? They look very much similar but wasn't sure. I know the Maxima for sure has them with the turn signal and I bet it would be a sweet mod for the G37 if its a direct fit, wiring and all.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:20 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I'd have to make another set to do a DIY. I'm certainly not tearing apart the doors and mirrors to get pictures. I meant to do pictures for the passenger side however I was working against the clock.

In all honesty, it's A LOT of work with a lot of back and forth. Trying to get the bracket to mate perfectly requires magic and a lot of alcohol and patience. Again, completely doable but it's not the prettiest.

Total invested = OEM Sedan mirrors + $230 for both convertible mirrors, $50 for those pins + $10 in extra wire, sleeving and other misc crap.

Less than $300 for the project.
You want to do mine? Let me know what you'd be thinking cost wise. Of course I have the winkers also which may complicate things a bit.

Originally Posted by xgjxdjyh
Will the mirrors off a Maxima with the turn signal fit the G37? They look very much similar but wasn't sure. I know the Maxima for sure has them with the turn signal and I bet it would be a sweet mod for the G37 if its a direct fit, wiring and all.
Be interesting to find out. I bought a set of anniversary winkers (what they call blinkers in Japan) which I'll be adding when this set of mirrors gets built and installed.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Yeah I'll do a set for you no problem. The winkers - I'd have no idea where to begin with those. There is 1 open pin on the connector. Maybe that can be leveraged?
Old 01-27-2015, 09:24 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Could be. I need to take a look at the mirrors I just bought and decide if I'm going to stick with midnight opal for the covers. Tempted to have JP hit them with the purple. I'll have to check the wiring for them.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:52 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

The spam on this website is unreal lately.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:11 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I just started working on the power folding mirror set up yesterday. Then wound up locking up a deal on power folding mirrors w/camera. Gotta figure out how to make this work now.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:49 AM
VQ-Vic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
If anyone is still interested on wanting to get mirrors but cant find a middleman to get the mirrors.
Japan Auction Parts on Facebook is selling JDM sedan power folding mirrors for a reasonable price. And host of other Nissan/Infiniti aftermarket stuff.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:16 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Even though I already have a set, I'd love to see if the set with cameras attached will work in the USDM G. There are 7/10 wires pinned on the sedan mirror connector. I'm assuming they are:
  • Tilt Up
  • Tilt Down
  • Tilt Left
  • Tilt Right
  • Defrost
  • Common Ground
  • 12V+

The convertible mirrors (with power-fold) has 9/10 wires pinned. The two extras are for:
  • Power Fold Open
  • Power Fold Close

I may just tear my door off, yet again, and see if the female connector on the car has all 10 wires pinned. Perhaps the last remaining pin slot is signal for the camera? My brain is wrapped around this now...
Old 03-03-2015, 05:11 PM
VQ-Vic

But you would have to see if its possible to swap the camera to the other side.
Since i dont't find the camera useful if its on our driver side.

But YOU are the pioneer of the folding mirror haha. Going where no one has gone before!!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:20 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by VQ-Vic
But you would have to see if its possible to swap the camera to the other side. Since i dont't find the camera useful if its on our driver side. But YOU are the pioneer of the folding mirror haha. Going where no one has gone before!!
That would require some sort of trim piece from an Eastern European or middle eastern G sedan. I have yet to see a picture of a non-US LHD G sedan with a passenger mirror camera. I'd be more inclined to mount an FX mirror....

EDIT:

which I found out is not going to be possible... The FX 35 mirrors have an 18 wire connector, versus the 10 wire connector on the G sedans.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:51 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Connor I may have a spare mirror with camera if you want to give it a whirl.

I also sourced a wiring kit which is supposed to have the wiring for the camera also. But I'm still not 100% sure how to make it work. Maybe when I see everything?
Old 03-04-2015, 03:15 PM
VQ-Vic

I assume the 18 pin is for stuff like blind spot monitoring etc on the FX.
RexHavoc: how did you managed to get a spare mirror with camera? : D
Old 03-04-2015, 03:34 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Vic things just seem to fall into my lap sometimes!
Old 03-04-2015, 03:53 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Connor I may have a spare mirror with camera if you want to give it a whirl.

I also sourced a wiring kit which is supposed to have the wiring for the camera also. But I'm still not 100% sure how to make it work. Maybe when I see everything?
Can you send me a picture of the mirror and the connector? If it looks like the normal sedan connector, I'll borrow that from you and see if I can fab something up.

Originally Posted by VQ-Vic
I assume the 18 pin is for stuff like blind spot monitoring etc on the FX.
RexHavoc: how did you managed to get a spare mirror with camera? : D
That does make sense to me, however are 8 extra pins required for that technology? Also, today i thought about that extra open pin on the mirror connector with power fold - could the extra pin be in place for OEM winkers? My next free day, I'll pull my door off and see if there are 10 connectors pinned on the door female mirror connector.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:19 PM
VQ-Vic

So I looked up the FX's options.
There's courtesy lights on the mirrors, Around view camera with object detection, I assume that applies to the side mirrors as well, and there is the blind spot monitoring. On top of the power fold and adjustments.

So a couple stuff.
if this works, you've peaked my interest.

Quick Reply: Side mirrors?