Side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 12:24 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by tai01
OEM Nissan P/N: B6165-1NF00

Has anyone done the install of these LED side mirrors? I'm coming from an Accord sedan - had the Japanese Inspire mirrors with LED signals and power folding. Really want the turn signals on the side because no one on the side can see when you're turning.
I wonder since they are JDM if they include the power folding motor... I'm going to send the seller a pm and see what they say. Thanks for the link.

EDIT: The seller replied pretty quickly, here is his email:

Hello.
Thank you for your question.
I am sorry, about my description is poor.
This sale is only parts of winker. Could you check the attached photo? I put a mark on the photo. Are you looking for power folding mirror for V36 Skyline Coupe?
(I am not good at English...)
Best Regards.
I couldn't save the picture he sent, but he just had a picture of the mirror with a box around the turn signal. If I understand him correctly I believe he is saying that he isn't selling a complete mirror assembly with the LED, just the parts to turn a USDM into a JDM.

Last edited by '11G37S; 11-30-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:11 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
The dollar is much stronger against the yen right now so that may have brought the cost down? I was talking to the guy who sourced my ARC catch can, he can source OEM parts as well if given the part number. He and I have discussed the mirrors but I haven't moved forward yet, I can check with him again if you like Kirk.

I'm not certain how the wiring would work and I'm thinking mine would sit until I decide,if I'm going to swap fenders for the CS set up so you may be the test case.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:43 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
The dollar is much stronger against the yen right now so that may have brought the cost down? I was talking to the guy who sourced my ARC catch can, he can source OEM parts as well if given the part number. He and I have discussed the mirrors but I haven't moved forward yet, I can check with him again if you like Kirk.

I'm not certain how the wiring would work and I'm thinking mine would sit until I decide,if I'm going to swap fenders for the CS set up so you may be the test case.
I've been talking with the seller about finding some JDM mirrors with the power folding function as well as a button, and window switch bezel for the new button. He said he could find the mirrors for around $180 each used, plus about $35 for the bezel, and would have to find the button. I may do it but need to do some research on it.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:46 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Hmm...let us know!
Old 12-01-2014, 04:27 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
I've been talking with the seller about finding some JDM mirrors with the power folding function as well as a button, and window switch bezel for the new button. He said he could find the mirrors for around $180 each used, plus about $35 for the bezel, and would have to find the button. I may do it but need to do some research on it.
Kirk I think the Convertible bezel fits our sedan since it also has 4 windows and the power folding mirror switch.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:08 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,251 Likes on 1,013 Posts
Hello all. I've been contemplating this project for months now but can't justify the outrageous costs. Cheapest I found was Amazon Japan for around $300 but they will not ship the kit to the US. I've looked into buying and forwarding services but the shipping costs are unreal.

Wiring wouldn't be too much of a hassle- just one signal wire through the door harness. I already have the power fold mirrors so I could easily tap into the earth (ground) wire.

Just for reference, Nissan p/n B6165-1NF00 or NF01, is a kit that contains just the LED "winker" assemblies, some wiring harnesses, and a template to cut the existing mirror covers. The kit is for the JDM Skyline Coupe/370GT but should work on your sedans as I believe they use the same mirror cover. This kit is NOT a complete mirror assembly whatsoever. Here is a pic of the kit/contents:

Attachment 108854

Hope this helps shed some light on this project. I've had to put it on hold as I'm thinking of going in a different direction: adding the LEDS, the side view camera, and the Blind Spot Warning system. Once the redesigned Q60 comes out and I'm able to see what standard/optional features are available to JDM vs. USDM models I will be able to move forward then.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 05-15-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:32 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

How did you do the power folding mirrors?
Old 12-01-2014, 08:07 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,251 Likes on 1,013 Posts
The power folding mirrors from the Convertible are a direct swap to the Coupe. I bought a used set off eBay for around $150. The wiring was plug-and-play except I had to run two wires from the driver door body harness to the passenger door body harness. Other than that everything, including the switch, just plugged right in. I also had to tap into one wire inside the door for my 12v source.

I bought the relay for the mirrors to open/close automatically with ignition but decided against that route and so it sits on my workbench. For reference, the BCM has no control over the mirrors as there is no folding signal.

I am not sure if they will work on sedans. There is a DIY on the forum for the swap which is what I followed.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:46 PM
VQ-Vic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I just did the mirror swap for my sedan a month ago. The power folding mirrors have to be for a sedan to fit. Coupe mirrors are different.
I was lucky to go to Japan for business. And I had enough time to order a new set of the side mirrors and switch.
Brand new from the Nissan dealer is $300 CAD each side plus $40 CAD for switch.
I was able to get a discount and paid only $500 CAD for the 2 mirrors and switch.

But as ILM-NC G37S said for the coupe. the instruction set is identical for the sedans.
Ran 2 wires across to the passenger side.

I'll take a video when there is light outside to film.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:31 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Vic could you send me or post the part numbers please?

I'd be interested in seeing how you installed the switch also.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:02 PM
tai01

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by VQ-Vic
I just did the mirror swap for my sedan a month ago. The power folding mirrors have to be for a sedan to fit. Coupe mirrors are different.
I was lucky to go to Japan for business. And I had enough time to order a new set of the side mirrors and switch.
I was able to get a discount and paid only $500 CAD for the 2 mirrors and switch.

But as ILM-NC G37S said for the coupe. the instruction set is identical for the sedans.

Now we're getting somewhere! I was always surprised that cars of this caliber didn't have power folding mirrors. My guess is that smaller cars didn't need the power folding function like the M, GS, or RLX because they weren't wide enough cars to begin with.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:36 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Can you also post some pictures pls,
Old 12-07-2014, 12:27 AM
VQ-Vic

So for the power folding part numbers for the (SEDAN)

Right & Left mirrors (EXCLUDES mirror covers)
- 96301-1NCOA
- 96302-1NCOA

I bought them without the mirror covers as I have them and don't need em.

Mirror Switch
- 25570-1BB1A

Use this as a guide, I followed thru with this and it is pretty much identical.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...w-mirrors.html

For the cutout of the button, I just used caliper to find the positions to cut.
*One good tip, use the solder gun's hot tip to make smooth radius around the button's hole. (insert joke), so you don't get jagged edges.*

Below is a video of brief how to install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMoj...ature=youtu.be

As I said about both the mirrors plugging in, their harness is identical.
Just remember to changeover the actual mirror pieces because RHD/LHD.
The parts have the heated mirror in it.
The mirrors are roughly:
30,000 yen each side
6,000 yen (est) for switch.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:17 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

So for the power folding part numbers for the (SEDAN)

Right & Left mirrors (EXCLUDES mirror covers)
- 96301-1NCOA
- 96302-1NCOA

I bought them without the mirror covers as I have them and don't need em.

Mirror Switch
- 25570-1BB1A

Use this as a guide, I followed thru with this and it is pretty much identical.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...w-mirrors.html

For the cutout of the button, I just used caliper to find the positions to cut.
*One good tip, use the solder gun's hot tip to make smooth radius around the button's hole. (insert joke), so you don't get jagged edges.*

Below is a video of brief how to install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMoj...ature=youtu.be

As I said about both the mirrors plugging in, their harness is identical.
Just remember to changeover the actual mirror pieces because RHD/LHD.
The parts have the heated mirror in it.
The mirrors are roughly:
30,000 yen each side
6,000 yen (est) for switch.
Awesome, thank you Vic!
Old 12-07-2014, 11:55 AM
VQ-Vic

The following 2 users liked this post by VQ-Vic:
RexHavoc (12-07-2014), tai01 (12-07-2014)

Quick Reply: Side mirrors?