My slightly modded XS sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Ampli
Looks really good!! Thumbs up!
Thanks

Well today I made my grounding kit. I will install tomorrow and see if they help at all.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:08 PM
xdime00

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Redpit
Snapped a few pics today and thought I would share. I feel like its come together nicely and finally feel like I'm done. Nothing too wild, but I like it. I figure this is the closest ill come to a build thread.

Mod list:

R2C intake
Hoen fog lights
Illuminated kick plates
Midnight grill
Lowered on swift springs
Coupe 19's powder coated and wrapped in BFG KDW's
Topspeed exhaust
Rear valence overlay
Daytime running lights (Never intended to use them, but they flowed so well)
50% tint all around
Rear lip spoiler
Interior led conversion
Led plate lights and parking lights

Probably some other small stuff I can't think of right now.

Towing a trailer!
Haha love the trailer pic. Car looks great, I like when mods look like factory upgrades, not over the top.
The following users liked this post:
Redpit (07-03-2013)
Old 07-02-2013, 05:13 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
gorgeous
Redpit (07-03-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Redpit

Originally Posted by xdime00
Haha love the trailer pic. Car looks great, I like when mods look like factory upgrades, not over the top.
Yeah I couldnt resist taking that picture, and thanks. That's exactly what I'm going for.

Originally Posted by botlfed98
gorgeous
Thank you!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:54 AM
Redpit

Update:

I installed the grounding kit today. I'm delightfully surprised to be saying that they work! Maybe its due to the ECU reset (although i've done this a bunch of times now), but shifts feel much better. It seems to engage faster and more seemless. Who knows maybe its in my head, but for a $25 DIY who cares. Even if its just mental its worth the price of admission.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Update:

I installed the grounding kit today. I'm delightfully surprised to be saying that they work! Maybe its due to the ECU reset (although i've done this a bunch of times now), but shifts feel much better. It seems to engage faster and more seemless. Who knows maybe its in my head, but for a $25 DIY who cares. Even if its just mental its worth the price of admission.
Nice to hear, might be worth a look. There sure is a lot of good feedback from this mod, too much to ignore really
Old 07-05-2013, 11:53 AM
unfckwitable

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice! i was actually looking into TOPSPEED CBE since i am selling my Tanabe Medallion Axle back. however the weak tiips are making me weary i guess ill have to search so more reviews on it. loving the G redpit! good job!

ps: if anyone is interested in a axle back.. heres my link. my buddy posted it because i dont have enough posts yet.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...for-sedan.html
Redpit (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
That is one clean looking G

-Nick C.
Redpit (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 12:26 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by unfckwitable
very nice! i was actually looking into TOPSPEED CBE since i am selling my Tanabe Medallion Axle back. however the weak tiips are making me weary i guess ill have to search so more reviews on it. loving the G redpit! good job!

ps: if anyone is interested in a axle back.. heres my link. my buddy posted it because i dont have enough posts yet.

Keep in mind the latest run of the TopSpeed exhausts are back to the good rolled tips, as long as they confirm it's the rolled tips you'll be good to go. Mine are the old nice tips, click on "my garage" for pics. The sound is great too
Here's a thread w/ better pics of the good tips, just scroll down a few posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...e-sedan-5.html
Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 PM
unfckwitable

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blnewt thanks man love the exhaust look now lol. Is seems pretty damn loud too! Lol is it as loud in the cabin?
Old 07-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Redpit

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice to hear, might be worth a look. There sure is a lot of good feedback from this mod, too much to ignore really
Yeah it really is shifting nice, and the radio does seen to go a little louder now. For a diy'er, like yourself, I'd say it's a no brainier. Worst case scenario you spent $25 on some engine bling.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Redpit

Thanks. Yeah if you look at my pics and blnewt's pic you will see the tips are thick double walled at the ends, whereas the problem ones are single walled and very thin. I don't find my exhaust overly loud. It's actually pretty quiet until you really get on it.

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
That is one clean looking G

-Nick C.
Thank you.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Blnewt thanks man love the exhaust look now lol. Is seems pretty damn loud too! Lol is it as loud in the cabin?
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...the-sedan.html
Here's the original TopSpeed thread, my pics start at post 64, I've got some sound clips including the cabin after the pics, maybe page 7?

Thanks. Yeah if you look at my pics and blnewt's pic you will see the tips are thick double walled at the ends, whereas the problem ones are single walled and very thin. I don't find my exhaust overly loud. It's actually pretty quiet until you really get on it.
Agreed^ I feel the exhaust tone is just about perfect for a sedan, not too loud but certainly a good deep tone, and really opens up well as the rpms climb. It's a nice difference from OEM or the quieter Tenabe, you'll know it's there, but in a good way
Old 08-20-2013, 10:14 PM
LilRocket

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Blnewt I still need to mess with the fitment (bend the hangers to get the tips more flush) so I may do it at that point.
OP any luck with this? I might be doing this as well with my topspeed so I wanted to see how yours fared
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Redpit

Sorry Rocket I have not had a chance to mess with it yet (good intentions derailed by life), but I am certain it will work as others have had good luck bending the hangers.

Post #40
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...exhaust-3.html
LilRocket (08-21-2013)

Quick Reply: My slightly modded XS sedan