Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Dropped on Swift's Sport Springs

Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Never taken my G through a car wash before. I don't trust them.
I've been a member with Waves since day one and Adam the owner is a friend.
As for drive through car washes, Waves is one of the best I've been to...plus they do excellent detailing.

Check them out:
Waves Car Wash
Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Boywdr

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dragion
I've been a member with Waves since day one and Adam the owner is a friend.
As for drive through car washes, Waves is one of the best I've been to...plus they do excellent detailing.

Check them out:
Waves Car Wash
scrub a dub is better cause there are more locations.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Boywdr
scrub a dub is better cause there are more locations.
Location doesn't matter...the quality of the wash does.

I live near Allston Car Wash and supported them for over 10 years just for convenience and almost each and every time I was treated like "poop" by their attendants that wipe down the car afterwards.
They have won Best of Boston awards too.

I have a Scrub a Dub in Brookline and they are no better...I've been to 3 different ones and they are pretty much all the same.

I've even went as far as Lynn, MA to Sonny's (now Simonize) in the past, because of their wash.

Waves is over 10 miles away and definitely worth the trip...just my $.02
Old 03-01-2013, 03:52 PM
SlimTV
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Dragion, I cant believe you have nothing but praise for Waves. I agree they have one of the better car washes (noticeably better than Scrub A Dub) when everything is going smooth, but man did they F*** my car up over a handful of times (so did Scrubadub FWIW). Adam is your friend, and he did (only after me getting pissed off) offer to rectify my individual situationS, so I wont bash his company on the forum. Just be careful not to overdo it with constant carwashes anywhere. You will end up with severe scratches and swirls all over your car. I got my G buffed/polished so Im good now. BTW how many times have you gone thru the carwash since you dropped your ride? Does it always scrape?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 PM
unknown2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great post and pics.

Last edited by unknown2k1; 03-01-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: The answer has been already answered.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimTV
Dragion, I cant believe you have nothing but praise for Waves. I agree they have one of the better car washes (noticeably better than Scrub A Dub) when everything is going smooth, but man did they F*** my car up over a handful of times (so did Scrubadub FWIW). Adam is your friend, and he did (only after me getting pissed off) offer to rectify my individual situationS, so I wont bash his company on the forum. Just be careful not to overdo it with constant carwashes anywhere. You will end up with severe scratches and swirls all over your car. I got my G buffed/polished so Im good now. BTW how many times have you gone thru the carwash since you dropped your ride? Does it always scrape?
See?

An automated car wash is an expensive convenience that comes with a risk, and will never, ever, EVER do as good a job on my cars as I will in my driveway. Dragion, I suspect you'll be using your newly lowered ride as the rationale for avoiding automated car washes more and more. And that's a good thing, not a compromise.

Way-y-y off topic.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:56 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SlimTV
I'm sorry to hear that you experienced a bad situation from Waves...I'm glad that Adam did rectify your situationS!
I've been a customer/member since the first day they opened...I think I was their 2nd customer that day...$29/month for Unlimited Extreme car washes was hard to pass up, especially that it cost $19 already for one Extreme wash.
I expect some scratches & swirls due to being an automatic car wash, but some clay bar and good polishing will diminish that problem.

I trust Waves car wash more than any other drive thru wash anywhere!

I've only been through their wash once, so it could be just the way I entered the bay.
I'll need to try again and I will share my experience.

Originally Posted by Rochester
See?

An automated car wash is an expensive convenience that comes with a risk, and will never, ever, EVER do as good a job on my cars as I will in my driveway. Dragion, I suspect you'll be using your newly lowered ride as the rationale for avoiding automated car washes more and more. And that's a good thing, not a compromise.

Way-y-y off topic.
I do prefer hand washing my vehicles, but spending hours washing & waxing can take a toll on me...I'm currently on disability from a work injury and can't perform these minor task anymore.
My only option is to rely on paying for it and Waves has been the best so far.
With all the salt & sand that is used, an undercarriage wash is needed constantly!
It's also a bit difficult to hand wash your car during the winter season here in New England.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:09 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Posted some pictures that I took today with my HTC One S...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post3595035
Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Off topic, but just curious. When you say automated carwash, are you referring to ones where you drive through brushes? I occasionally use a so called "automated" carwash, but it's nothing more than a tunnel with a rail, but they have people inside handwashing your car. No automatic spinning brushes or anything touches the car.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:02 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sniper27
Off topic, but just curious. When you say automated carwash, are you referring to ones where you drive through brushes? I occasionally use a so called "automated" carwash, but it's nothing more than a tunnel with a rail, but they have people inside handwashing your car. No automatic spinning brushes or anything touches the car.
Waves use cloths (microfiber?) and not brushes...it is drive through with power washing jets and spinning cloths.

Are you referring to A C Hand Car Wash in Dorchester on Geneva Ave?
It's not like that.

Waves also has 4 detailing bays for full detail service.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:08 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Waves use cloths (microfiber?) and not brushes...it is drive through with power washing jets and spinning cloths.

Are you referring to A C Hand Car Wash in Dorchester on Geneva Ave?
It's not like that.

Waves also has 4 detailing bays for full detail service.
Ouch, spinning cloths sounds like a nightmare for our wimpy clearcoats.
The only auto washes I ever use are the touchless ones, but the chemicals used in those probably aren't too kind either. Pretty much just a 2 bucket guy now.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
No, I'm from S. Cal. I don't use any carwash with spining anything. The so called automated carwash is basically a handwash. You drive through the tunnel on a rail and there are 2 guys inside handwashing your car with chamois washmits. Then your car comes out and another guy dries it.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:46 PM
dragion
Registered Member

The way I look at it is that due to the harsh weather here in New England and owning a black car...I can't win.
If the wash doesn't cause fine scratches, then Mother Nature will...or worse!
With all the crap that is on the roads here, I'm surprised the paint isn't in worse shape...at least with the Extreme wash @ Waves it includes a Triple Foam Protector & Rain X to help repel the sand/salt.

If I had the luxury of avoiding any automatic car wash I will, but unfortunately hand washing is pretty expensive to get done 2 to 3 times per week.
Once the Winter passes, I'll be getting a full detail done.

Like I said, a good clay bar and some wax/polish will bring Selina's shiny black coat back.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I do prefer hand washing my vehicles, but spending hours washing & waxing can take a toll on me...I'm currently on disability from a work injury and can't perform these minor task anymore.
That's truly a shame, dragion. Hope you don't think I was being judgmental about you personally. I see washing, drying, claybar, wax & polish as kind of a Zen-moment thing more than a chore, and would be deeply sad if I weren't able to do it anymore.

That said, I imagine I'll always own a car that I'm proud of. And if I can't take care of it by hand anymore, then I'd probably have a lifetime carwash membership, and pay for detailing twice a year.

Peace.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

BTW, nice to know your 4DSC decals aren't getting nicked by the car wash.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dropped on Swift's Sport Springs