G37 Sedan

My pics of the 2014 Q50 from NAIAS

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
My pics of the 2014 Q50 from NAIAS

Heres my pics from the NAIAS 2013 of the new Q50. Figured i'd post it in here since I dont know where else to put it.

^Thats Roman Mica if any of you guys watch TFLcar.com

As you can see by my pics. I kept coming back. I am enamored with this design.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is some good stuff right there Janik!!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Thanks a bunch for the pics man. Did you get a good look a the gauge at the bottom of the speedo? Did anyone offer an explanation of exactly what it is? What's your impression of the feel of the materials on the interior, ie, the leather, trim, steering wheel, etc?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE what I see here!! The interior is amazing...best pics of the gauges I have seen yet. And the rear headrests are now extendable (just minor detail). It really looks like they have moved this upmarket by looking at all the small details. Although, wish the carpet and headliner were black...oh well, cant have it all.

And the exterior looks lower, wider, meaner. Hopefully, it looks this way in person too.

Just hope they continue to keep going with the value proposition...aka keeping the price in check.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Thanks a bunch for the pics man. Did you get a good look a the gauge at the bottom of the speedo? Did anyone offer an explanation of exactly what it is? What's your impression of the feel of the materials on the interior, ie, the leather, trim, steering wheel, etc?
Bottom of the speedo is gas gauge...bottom of tach looks like the typical hybrid gauge showing the use of battery versus charge of battery with brake regeneration...

From the look, the materials look great...BUT I second your question...what's the overall feel?!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM
WannabeSport

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Originally Posted by baksdak
LOVE LOVE LOVE what I see here!! The interior is amazing...best pics of the gauges I have seen yet. And the rear headrests are now extendable (just minor detail). It really looks like they have moved this upmarket by looking at all the small details. Although, wish the carpet and headliner were black...oh well, cant have it all.

And the exterior looks lower, wider, meaner. Hopefully, it looks this way in person too.

Just hope they continue to keep going with the value proposition...aka keeping the price in check.
Originally Posted by baksdak
Bottom of the speedo is gas gauge...bottom of tach looks like the typical hybrid gauge showing the use of battery versus charge of battery with brake regeneration...

From the look, the materials look great...BUT I second your question...what's the overall feel?!
Interior materials are a monumental step above nearly anything Infiniti makes currently. The aluminum feels real (may be.) and isn't cheap painted plastic. Everything is soft touch materials, leather feels upscale and quality (unlike my car, *cough*) and the overall environment is warm and inviting with a driver oriented design. The steering wheel is fat and feels great in your hands. Paddles are still mounted to the column and made of magnesium.

As for the little gauge, which one are you talking about? If I recall, in that car, one was a hybrid power reserve gauge and the fuel level. Then a new JX/Altima inspired center information screen with pretty good graphics.

The car is much more aggressive in person. The pics dont fool you. It is lower, wider, and meaner looking especially on those GORGEOUS 19" wheels. The car just has an AMAZING presence in person. When they finally park the Q50 next to the IS350, it is going to completely destroy it in WOW factor. The IS just doesn't let itself be as known as the Q50 does. It is really just a beautiful design.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM
noctilucous

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice work my man!

Trending Topics

Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Thanks for the pics but even more so for describing how it looks in person.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
ACoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great photos!
A few things:

• I realllllly don't like the carbon fibre look on the silver trim. Carbon fibre on the interior of cars is a bloody ugle scourge IMHO and I'm sad to see a similar approach taken by Infiniti.

• I absolutely love the look of my sport seats in my 2011 Coupe. Are the seats shown in those pics sport seats as defined by Infiniti? Or are we seeing the regular ones? Or is there a difference anymore?

• No a fan of the "tongue" that sits below the center of the steering wheel...seems odd.

• Love that they've added stitched leather to the sides of the center stack!

Other than those little gripes, the interior looks great. Very much looking forward to seeing it in person. And I've already emailed Infiniti and mentioned that a dark headliner for vehicles with dark leather would be a fantastic, and much asked for option.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
WannabeSport

There is a reason I was at the 'press and media preview'. I am pretty good at giving my initial impression while visualizing what it is like.

I really cannot wait to get my hands on one and take it for a drive.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM
WannabeSport

For the record, it isn't carbon fiber looking trim. It is a textured aluminum and has a contemporary/upscale feel to it. You will like it when you can feel and see it in person.

The seats are sport seats still. Not quite as hugging as the current ones, but definitely not bad either. Still plenty of adjustments, and an adjustable thigh support. Bigger people will be more comfortable now with the sport seats widened and not inflated up.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Wow great work!! Very impressive!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Thanks for the info on the gauge. Yes I meant he bottom of the tach not speedo. I'm fairly new to hybrids (never owned one before) so it doesn't really register with me yet.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM
muyrec
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow they went for a single muffler instead of the dual kind.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
ACoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"it isn't carbon fiber looking trim. It is a textured aluminum and has a contemporary/upscale feel to it. You will like it when you can feel and see it in person."
Good to know! Still another reason why I can't wait to see it in person.

The sports seats sound a little disappointing though. I think the current ones, while not as comfortable to...ummm....more robust drivers, still hug nicely and have a sporty look to them. The ones in the pics seem like everyday seats.
But again, reserving final judgement until my **** is in them...

Quick Reply: My pics of the 2014 Q50 from NAIAS