Hypertech latest update with TSB 027/a

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 10:14 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hypertech latest update with TSB 027/a

I recently updated my hypertech from 93.1.5.69 to 93.1.5.72 and tried it on my G this morning. I removed the 0-60 restriction and applied performance tune only(don't have any bolt on). Did a quick drive, so far pretty happy with the new update. It made the car feel more responsive, the car feels lighter and butt dyno is liking it...albeit I only drove it for 30min around the city.

I also had tsb 027a (2009 G37Xs sedan) applied couple of months ago (see that big thread on transmission reprogram) and it did reduce the lag and made the car smoother but at the expense of performance. To me the hypertech made the car perform the way the tsb should have did. I am doing a long drive tomorrow so we'll see if MPG suffers.

Those with hypertech had the same experience?
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 PM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
What is the 0-60 restriction you referenced?
Old 09-30-2012, 12:31 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Interesting. I have not kept up with this. Removed it except for the 0-60 limiter.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 AM
sneakers
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ashmostro
What is the 0-60 restriction you referenced?
Here is a quote from hypertech website. If you ask me anything more technical you might as well talk to a wall

0-60 Throttle Restriction

The "selectable throttle restriction" tunes the engine control systems for better low speed performance without sacrificing driveability, but it does not disable the torque management completely. There are many different torque management systems active at any given time while driving. During our tuning development we altered most of these systems in different combinations to assess the impact on performance, and driveability. We took the best combination of those changes and combined them with further tuning to improve the overall performance and driveability under all driving conditions. The overall affect was so dramatic we felt that all customers would benefit more if the changes were user selectable rather than "forced."

Hypertech Power Tuning

Higher compression ratio engines and engines with superchargers or turbo chargers were designed to use only premium octane, so only one (1) Power Tuning program for premium octane is provided. But, if your car or truck came from the factory capable of using more economical regular octane, then two (2) optimized tuning programs are provided: one for premium, and the other for regular. In most cases, Hypertech’s exclusive Power Tuning for regular octane provides excellent power gains, almost as much power as premium octane. If you are using premium octane, and you want all-out, maximum power, then select premium octane Power Tuning.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
sneakers: What is this Hypertech??? You are intriguing me...As you know from the Tranny Thread, I too have had the latest TSB applied. It's helped with the reduction of lagging, but under certain circumstances, the car can still perform like sh_t !!

More info please ...
Old 09-30-2012, 07:07 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Is the hypertech programmer worth getting or would an uprev tune be better?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:20 AM
sneakers
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Almatti
sneakers: What is this Hypertech??? You are intriguing me...As you know from the Tranny Thread, I too have had the latest TSB applied. It's helped with the reduction of lagging, but under certain circumstances, the car can still perform like sh_t !!

More info please ...
Hey man, yeah sorry about your problems and I feel your pain.

Was not happy with latest tsb as well so decided to look for alternatives. Gonna try grounding wire next.

Here is their website. Its basically a tuner with limited function for the average Joe like myself. You download update, plug device to car and update.

http://www.hypertech.com/products-max-energy-sport.aspx

There's few of these on fs section.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 AM
sneakers
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mattster
Is the hypertech programmer worth getting or would an uprev tune be better?
Anything under the hood, I am a guy with a skirt . But from what a read uprev is the way to go. A professional uprev tuner takes all the components into consideration and customized the tune to your car. It has the ability to switch between different tune by toggling the cruise control (why infiniti didn't do this with a button ) VS The hypertech works out of the box and for any car with or without bolt on. You not going to maximize your gain but for it is and cost, IMO does do a good job.

I am talking out of my a$$. Just reiterating what other said and how I understood it. There's bunch good guys here and willing to share their wealth of knowledge. That said gonna let those who are far more knowledgeable than me answer/ correct me.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:42 AM
ashmostro

Sounds like the Hypertech is a canned map- not tunable. Yes?

Still don't understand what the 0-60 restriction is, lol. I will look into it... Almost sounds like traction management.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Rad_Slinger

Ash. Click on the link someone posted above. Scroll down and it explains what the 0-60 restriction is
Old 09-30-2012, 10:56 AM
2009G37Bandit

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep it's a 1 time tune, specifically for your car. I think you have control on certain parametres, but it is not near as robust as Up Rev, BUT UP Rev you have to knwo what your doing. It'snot that hard IF you had someone teach you that already knows it.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:28 AM
ashmostro

Matt. I did. It doesn't say much more than what his cut and paste said.

I'll look again but I didn't find anything terribly illuminating on the site. Lots of marketing speak.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Rad_Slinger

Ash. See if this helps.

I did a little digging

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...striction.html
Old 09-30-2012, 11:54 AM
sneakers
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ashmostro
Sounds like the Hypertech is a canned map- not tunable. Yes?

Still don't understand what the 0-60 restriction is, lol. I will look into it... Almost sounds like traction management.
That's correct. Hypertech periodically update their tune and you attach device to PC to get update. Adjustment are limited but most brought it mainly to remove the "0-60 restriction". I don't how good the "canned map" is, since I always do the 0-60 restriction removal together with performance tune.

Edit: removed my explanation. See above link.

Last edited by sneakers; 09-30-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:15 PM
ashmostro

Ah. Thanks gents.

Looks like it's more of a 0-15 restriction, lol. I'm guessing the so-called restriction is there for low-RPM driveability and torque. Kind of like faux adjustable intake plenum lengths.

Would be interesting to see if any torque is lost by removing the restriction.

I might get this setup since I have no plans for exhaust other than RHFCs next year if I keep the car, and already have a Takeda CAI.

That said, it's not much cheaper than an UPREV Standard though...

Quick Reply: Hypertech latest update with TSB 027/a