G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Debadge, Re-badge, or leave it alone?
Leave it stock, not sure why anyone would debadge a G.
12.43%
Leave it stock, but I don't mind a debadged G
12.43%
Partial debadge, leaving the Mt Fuji, or red S etc.
63.84%
Full Debadge, nothing but metal & lights.
3.95%
Re-badge, Nissan Skyline for example.
1.69%
Re-badge, keeping the badges the same but painting them.
2.26%
Re-badge, removing some but painting the remaining badges.
1.69%
Love the debadge/rebadge but afraid to do it (or a lease)
0.56%
Don't really care about the badges either way
1.13%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Debadge, re-badge, or leave it stock??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 12:18 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
But there’s another side where some members have heard it all too many before and are bored with this tiresome subject.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:42 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
But there’s another side where some members have heard it all too many before and are bored with this tiresome subject.
I suggest avoiding this thread if it's boring.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
That's probably true, you messed up troll.

And if the topic is boring or tiresome, those members should STFU and stop posting their lame, whiny complaints.
The following users liked this post:
G37Xtreme (01-16-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 08:53 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
Lol Roxx, I forgot all about this poll thread. Kinda glad you brought it back up as there's a whole new group of members that love it, hate it, or just want to argue about something new
Two years ago, I debadged the G37S from my trunk, leaving the Fuji and the INFINITI letters. I think it has a less cluttered and more balanced look.

Since then, I've grown somewhat self-conscious of advertising the brand, and honestly feel more like I own a Nissan than anything else. As fantastic as I think the car is, I don't consider it upscale, as the marketing would have you believe.

To that end, I've been thinking more and more of another debadge and re-badge this coming spring. I'd like to remove the Fuji and the INFINITI letters, replacing them both with the OEM "SKYLINE" letters. Don't care about resale, because I keep my cars forever. And even then, re-badging is easy.

This is someone else's car here on the forum, but it's also Moonlight White, like my 6MT. Notwithstanding the dirty car, Stillen trunk spoiler, roof wing, and large exhaust tips... this is pretty much how it would look:

Last edited by Rochester; 01-16-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's probably true, you messed up troll.

And if the topic is boring or tiresome, those members should STFU and stop posting their lame, whiny complaints.
Your repeated attempts to express your hate for me will not achieve the result you desire. As I recall, the mods suggested that you just ignore my posts and not respond to them. Why not just do that?
Old 01-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Rochester
Administrator

LOL. Everytime Chekov gets butt-hurt, an angel gets her wings.

Contribute or unsubscribe. That's how the forum works for normal people.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:57 PM
ay37
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Not sure if your poll is limited to just those options, but in my personal opinion, since you are asking the G audience, I will say that I like the way it looks with ONLY the Mt. Fuji logo and the "Infiniti" spelled out underneath. I would debadge just the "G37" part. I personally think that is the cleanest look on these cars. With previous cars, I usually liked a full debadged look, but not in this case. Others will have different opinions though. Problem is, if you have an S, it's nice to have that red S somewhere lol. I don't have an S, so i just removed the "G37" only and I love how clean it looks. I plan to paint my badges also instead of leaving it chrome.

Obviously badging/debadging is different for every car as far as looks go so its tough to say every car looks better this way or that way.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:05 PM
canuck9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just debadged my car today...after some debate of leaving the G37S on...since I kind of like showing that I have the sport model...I decided to just leave the Mt. Fuji badge....and I believe it gives the car a clean look. I'm really happy with the results.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:21 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
I don't plan on keeping my G forever, so I would never debadge.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't purchase a pre-owned car that had been de-badged or modified, for that matter.

Too many thoughts of some kid who raced his car around, drove it hard and abused it.

Even though I know in reality, most of us on this site probably take better care of our cars than the average joe.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:03 AM
wowwed
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I re-badged my emblems. The Mt. Fuji, IFINITI and G37S is all anodized red. I think it looks nice. Everyone seems to like it red rather than just boring chrome.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:34 AM
zrixter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
De-badgeding

Why debadge?? Just looks cleaner. Why mod anything? Just keep everything the same as everyone else. That's normal..right???
Old 01-19-2015, 03:27 PM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
I had a friend of mine debadge mine. At first when he asked me to do it I was like "hmmm I don't know" but I'm really glad he did because I love it!

Name:  IMG_0309_zps1795fafd.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  93.3 KB
Old 04-24-2015, 07:42 PM
DionDJuggernaut

wing

What wing is that on your g? Oem?
Two years ago, I debadged the G37S from my trunk, leaving the Fuji and the INFINITI letters. I think it has a less cluttered and more balanced look.

Since then, I've grown somewhat self-conscious of advertising the brand, and honestly feel more like I own a Nissan than anything else. As fantastic as I think the car is, I don't consider it upscale, as the marketing would have you believe.

To that end, I've been thinking more and more of another debadge and re-badge this coming spring. I'd like to remove the Fuji and the INFINITI letters, replacing them both with the OEM "SKYLINE" letters. Don't care about resale, because I keep my cars forever. And even then, re-badging is easy.

This is someone else's car here on the forum, but it's also Moonlight White, like my 6MT. Notwithstanding the dirty car, Stillen trunk spoiler, roof wing, and large exhaust tips... this is pretty much how it would look:

Old 04-24-2015, 07:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by DionDJuggernaut
What wing is that on your g? Oem?
Those are two different cars. The first is an OEM trunk spoiler, the second... IDK. And you you mean the roof wing, IDK about that either. If I had to guess, I'd say they're both Stillen products.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:51 PM
DionDJuggernaut

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply! Yea I meant the trunk spoiler on your car (the top one) I been a fan of the stillen since I got my G and was looking to get it soon but hadn't seen it painted on a white G... For some reason I'm not really feeling it as much as I thought I would be... Yours is looking cleaner... Do u know were I can see more pics of the car on the bottom with the stillen wing (would like to see it from a different angle)...
Those are two different cars. The first is an OEM trunk spoiler, the second... IDK. And you you mean the roof wing, IDK about that either. If I had to guess, I'd say they're both Stillen products.

Quick Reply: Debadge, re-badge, or leave it stock??