G37 Sedan

Should I wait for the 2013 G37X Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:59 AM
stevekim8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I wait for the 2013 G37X Sedan?

Hey guys,
I'm a college student, and I'm planning to buy a car this summer (around June), since I'll be going off to dental school in a year.
Although G37 coupe looks sweet, having a coupe would be uncomfortable for me.
I'm very interested in getting an automatic G37X sedan, and considering Audi A4, Lexus IS250 at the same time.
I know that G37X sedan redesign is coming soon, and I had some questions for you guys (since you guys are super experts)

1. When will I "find out" whether 2013 will be redesigned? Is there a set pattern on the date Infiniti for revealing the next year's design?

2. Even if 2013 will be redesigned, should I just get the 2012? I've read that you should wait for few years after the redesigned car has come out, because of the bugs and such. Will that be really necessary? Is G37 usually reliable enough that the redesigned models don't require waiting?

Thanks a lot!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Pretty sure if the 2013 model were to be the next gen, the world would know it by now. First model year bugs primarily applies to a newly designed engine. So unless the power train changes, I wouldn't be overly concerned about first-year bugs.

That's a lot of car for a college student... but everything is relative. Good choice.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:02 PM
stevekim8

Originally Posted by Rochester
Pretty sure if the 2013 model were to be the next gen, the world would know it by now. First model year bugs primarily applies to a newly designed engine. So unless the power train changes, I wouldn't be overly concerned about first-year bugs.

That's a lot of car for a college student... but everything is relative. Good choice.
Oh haha. I meant that I'm considering one out of the 3. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I agree.. That would be a lot of cars for me..
Old 02-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by stevekim8
Oh haha. I meant that I'm considering one out of the 3. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I agree.. That would be a lot of cars for me..
No, I understood. I said the G37 is a lot of car for a college kid. No worries... that's just me projecting.

IMO, the A4 is really boring, inside and out. Upscale and a spirited drive, but dull as a church social. And the IS250 is weak. Great handling and style, but the power doesn't live up to the cost. It's more comparative to the G25.

Why the X? The Journey w/snow tires (if winter) would be fine, and far less expensive.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
stevekim8

No, I understood. I said the G37 is a lot of car for a college kid. No worries... that's just me projecting.

IMO, the A4 is really boring, inside and out. Upscale and a spirited drive, but dull as a church social. And the IS250 is weak. Great handling and style, but the power doesn't live up to the cost. It's more comparative to the G25.

Why the X? The Journey w/snow tires (if winter) would be fine, and far less expensive.
I wanted the X because I live near Chicago, where the weather gets TERRIBLE... I could consider snow tires, but I'm afraid it will be too much of a hassle to switch out tires every season.. (and since this is my first car, I don't know much about cars.. But after researching for quite a bit, I'm loving G37!)
By the way, I'm considering the Premium w/ nav.

I thought the A4 looked amazing
Very classy on the outside, but I would prefer the interior of G37 over A4 any day.
One main thing that is holding me back from A4 is the German reliability...
Don't want to be going back and forth from the repair shop! that would suck..
I've heard that Japanese automobiles are very reliable, and G37 is one of them.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Rochester
Administrator

2WD w/snows > AWD w/all-seasons. It just is. Of course, AWD w/snows takes the cake.

If you're looking for advice, that's pretty good right there. Everything else is just an opinion.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:07 PM
stevekim8

2WD w/snows > AWD w/all-seasons. It just is. Of course, AWD w/snows takes the cake.

If you're looking for advice, that's pretty good right there. Everything else is just an opinion.
Thanks a lot, Rochester.

Trending Topics

Old 02-07-2012, 01:59 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
the current G sedans are very nice especially mine 11's looks very aggressive.
I'd say if you waited for 2014 for new Gs coming out, or else just get it now
Old 02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Your going to be waiting awhile for the redesign.

Can't go wrong with th3 current G at all. It is still fairly class leading even while not being the newest.

Have you driven one yet? One drive in a 2012 and you will be sold.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
MR Feelgood

I hope the redesign does not come until the model year 2014...
Old 02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
stevekim8

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Your going to be waiting awhile for the redesign.

Can't go wrong with th3 current G at all. It is still fairly class leading even while not being the newest.

Have you driven one yet? One drive in a 2012 and you will be sold.
I haven't driven one yet.
I'm in school right now, so as soon as the summer vacation starts, I'll be heading to the nearest Infiniti dealer to give one a drive!

do you guys think that the upcoming 2013 model will have no modification compared to the 2013 model? (even if there's no redesign)
Old 02-07-2012, 02:25 PM
accohn12

There was just a mid-life refresh in 2010, so there most likely won't be anything different from the '12 to the '13, although there could be some sort of Special Edition, considering it will probably be the last year for this model.

Not to sound like an a$$, while I appreciate you trying to select the best car for your money, as a college student, you should be VERY HAPPY with ANY of the cars you've mentioned.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:46 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by accohn12
There was just a mid-life refresh in 2010, so there most likely won't be anything different from the '12 to the '13, although there could be some sort of Special Edition, considering it will probably be the last year for this model.

Not to sound like an a$$, while I appreciate you trying to select the best car for your money, as a college student, you should be VERY HAPPY with ANY of the cars you've mentioned.
I think you made a good point.get a G37 using your own money, then you'd be very happy
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 PM
jddssc121

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my RWD 5 series w/ snow tires was GARBAGE compared to an AWD w/ all seasons..... The RWD bias of the Infiniti G's AWD system means it's not as great in the snow when compared to a Subie/Audi/BMW AWD system..... but it still beats a RWD w/ snow tires....

The best car I've even driven in the snow was my Subies (i've had an Outback and a WRX). They were fantastic even with All seasons, and unstoppable w/ snow tires....
Old 02-07-2012, 04:00 PM
stevekim8

I will indeed be very happy by getting any of these cars, but since I'm going to be driving this particular car for many years until I become established as a dentist, I might as well make the best choice.

Yeah, I do understand the precious aspect of money. It's not like I'm begging my parents to buy me a car. They chose to buy me one, and happened to allow me to choose the car, because I'm going off to dental school soon.

Besides, G37 has been my dream car for couple of years, and as my dad knows that, he offered to buy me one this summer. Since he said Yes to G37, I researched about other cars around that price range, just in case something "better" is out there.

Quick Reply: Should I wait for the 2013 G37X Sedan?