The following users liked this post:
DoubleUG372 (02-20-2023)
Old 01-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
2012 xS

Nice! The Malbec Black really pops in the right light. I went to look at it in person up close and all they had was an M in that color. It was very overcast and sitting beside a BO on the lot I really had to look closely to tell which was which form a distance (cars were dirty in the back lot, not prepped yet). That's the color she wants. Malbec with Graphite interior, wood accents. Journey, sport, premium, nav packages.
The following users liked this post:
Dylan37x (05-10-2023)
Old 01-25-2012, 02:16 PM
jorwick

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
I love my malbec. It gets a lot of looks and comments but of course it's still a version of black so it's hard to keep looking good.

Name:  6274707880_8326099648_b.jpg
Views: 16961
Size:  126.2 KB
The following 8 users liked this post by jorwick:
AirJoe (04-12-2019), Armani97 (09-21-2019), bigdru (07-28-2019), BloodLine_Prez (07-17-2021), Coltrane1 (03-15-2017), Lynn49 (05-13-2020), mummy2 (08-12-2023), philttz (06-22-2020) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-25-2012, 02:19 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Damn, now that's a sweet ride!
Originally Posted by jorwick
I love my malbec. It gets a lot of looks and comments but of course it's still a version of black so it's hard to keep looking good.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Pure awesomenss jorwick. What all have you done? I can see drop (which springs/coils?), Vossens, chrome black out, blacked out fog light rings, headlights (Raul G?), and blacked out grille. Very nice!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
jorwick

Thanks! I think you can do enough with the sedans now where they can hold their own and for me the practically of the room and 4 doors is what I needed. This is an '11 LE so I have the red interior too.

This pic is dropped with bc's the chrome black out with matte vinyl, raul headlights and fog covers (they are gun metal housing and gloss black shroud in this pic), grill from 180 (had midnight grill but bought new one with metallic black everything) and gun metal emblem.

Since then raul did my calipers, I color matched my headlight housing with malbec, switching coil overs to tein or kw soon, and rolling on stocks right now because the vossens have been sold and have something new coming

To me the oem front lip makes a big difference in how agressive the sedans look too and mine came with the aero kit. I am looking around at other lips but just can't bring myself to spend the 2k on the access evolution lip. I like the wald rear though so we will see where that goes but still very pricey.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Got any pics of the new mods not shown here? Calipers and headlights. Is the aero kit a part of the sport package that comes on a Journey (her choice becasue she doesn't want he 6MT ) or is it separate?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks! I think you can do enough with the sedans now where they can hold their own and for me the practically of the room and 4 doors is what I needed. This is an '11 LE so I have the red interior too.

This pic is dropped with bc's the chrome black out with matte vinyl, raul headlights and fog covers (they are gun metal housing and gloss black shroud in this pic), grill from 180 (had midnight grill but bought new one with metallic black everything) and gun metal emblem.

Since then raul did my calipers, I color matched my headlight housing with malbec, switching coil overs to tein or kw soon, and rolling on stocks right now because the vossens have been sold and have something new coming

To me the oem front lip makes a big difference in how agressive the sedans look too and mine came with the aero kit. I am looking around at other lips but just can't bring myself to spend the 2k on the access evolution lip. I like the wald rear though so we will see where that goes but still very pricey.
Hold off on the Wald rear, they are making one for the newer sedans. The more I look at the Access Evolution "lip"(more like diffuser), I just don't like the front. The rear diffuser is so much nicer, it doesn't go with the front at all. If they made one more similar to the M series it would be great, but they already told me they wouldn't. This is the Y51 front lip from them:
Old 01-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
That's the color she wants. Malbec with Graphite interior, wood accents. Journey, sport, premium, nav packages.
Those options are pretty much my exact car!! It is all about getting it at the right light, at night or overcast days, you wont see anything. Great color none the less..
Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM
jorwick

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
Hold off on the Wald rear, they are making one for the newer sedans. The more I look at the Access Evolution "lip"(more like diffuser), I just don't like the front. The rear diffuser is so much nicer, it doesn't go with the front at all. If they made one more similar to the M series it would be great, but they already told me they wouldn't. This is the Y51 front lip from them:

Thanks I was just about to pm you about that anyway because I saw you posted somewhere else the sides were done. I like that lip for the m a lot and even the lip for the older model g sedans from access evolution but you are right the current one does not do enough for me to spend the money. If you could let me know anything else you here that would be great. I was looking into replacing just the oem front lip because I have this small dent in it and because it's malbec its $600 most anywhere which is almost double all other colors which sucks for me.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:01 PM
jorwick

Got any pics of the new mods not shown here? Calipers and headlights. Is the aero kit a part of the sport package that comes on a Journey (her choice becasue she doesn't want he 6MT ) or is it separate?

I don't have any good pics of everything but here are the links to the seperate threads...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...-by-raulg.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...bec-black.html

I will have a whole new photo shoot coming in 6 weeks or so when my new wheels come in but I'm just rolling on stocks until then so won't be coming out with any new pics between now and then.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Thanks I was just about to pm you about that anyway because I saw you posted somewhere else the sides were done. I like that lip for the m a lot and even the lip for the older model g sedans from access evolution but you are right the current one does not do enough for me to spend the money. If you could let me know anything else you here that would be great. I was looking into replacing just the oem front lip because I have this small dent in it and because it's malbec its $600 most anywhere which is almost double all other colors which sucks for me.
not a problem. I have been contacting different companies over the months to see if anyone was making one, I keep getting told there isn't enough interest in the g sedans for them to make anything. it kills me that vertex will make a kit for the Lexus ISx50 but not the G sedans...
Old 01-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I don't have any good pics of everything but here are the links to the seperate threads...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...-by-raulg.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...bec-black.html

I will have a whole new photo shoot coming in 6 weeks or so when my new wheels come in but I'm just rolling on stocks until then so won't be coming out with any new pics between now and then.
Awesome. I guess I need to practice what I preach to the noobs and search more.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

I think you should blame your SEC education.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:25 PM
jorwick

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
not a problem. I have been contacting different companies over the months to see if anyone was making one, I keep getting told there isn't enough interest in the g sedans for them to make anything. it kills me that vertex will make a kit for the Lexus ISx50 but not the G sedans...
So is wald making another complete kit or just parts for the newer sedan? I am just afraid I am going to want to move on to another car if it takes another 2 years or whatever for someone to come out with pieces for what will no longer be the current model sedan. The rear should fit on the newer sedan I believe anyway right, it was just the front that changed in 2011?

The difference is we all can just don't want to

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!