Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:44 PM
DeepRumble

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
a sound clip will be included.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:39 PM
DeepRumble

Ok guys, the exhaust is in. Let me just say that the fit and finish of this exhaust is amazing. It looks beautiful and went in place perfectly without me having to make any adjustments at all. As for the sound, I am very pleased with how it sounds. It is obviously much better than stock, without being obnoxious. My previous car was an 2006 GTO with SLP longtube headers and a SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust. If you guys youtube that combo you will understand how loud of a car it was. This Top Speed exhaust has a really nice sound to it without having a drone or rasp.

I paid $420 shipped for this catback from topspeed on ebay too!!! I feel a little bit more push off the line with this exhaust as well. I will be posting up videos and pictures tomorrow for you guys. I would recommend people to start jumping on this band wagon so you will save yourselves about $1000 over the other catback systems.

Just my 2cents..
Old 02-18-2012, 10:54 PM
JMP0323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...1-exhaust.html

After reading this i decided against this exhaust.
It is really cheap ( price wise ) and IMO you get what you pay for.
But if your happy that's all that matters.
This review was awhile back so maybe top speed stepped up there game or
He just got a bad unit. Who knows?
But I'm definitely looking forward to your pictures and videos!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:08 PM
DeepRumble

The exhaust is all 404 stainless steel and it looks beautiful. Like i said, the fit and finish is perfect too. I know everyone believes that you get what you pay for, but in this case its not true. There is no point in spending $1400 on a catback exhaust. I have done it in the past and its just not worth it. To each their own, but this is for the guys that want a nice sound for a low price.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:37 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by DeepRumble
The exhaust is all 404 stainless steel and it looks beautiful. Like i said, the fit and finish is perfect too. I know everyone believes that you get what you pay for, but in this case its not true. There is no point in spending $1400 on a catback exhaust. I have done it in the past and its just not worth it. To each their own, but this is for the guys that want a nice sound for a low price.
Thanks for the updates, also thanks for taking the leap and getting this on ASAP so the rest of us will have a much easier decision to make. Look forward to pics & sound clip. Cheers!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:46 AM
nycty

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i read that people were having fitment issues with this exhaust and the finish wasnt all that great (weld marks on tips), has these issues been fixed? deeprumble would you mind posting some upclose pics of this exhaust please? thanks.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:46 AM
themajesticking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeepRumble
Ok guys, the exhaust is in. Let me just say that the fit and finish of this exhaust is amazing. It looks beautiful and went in place perfectly without me having to make any adjustments at all. As for the sound, I am very pleased with how it sounds. It is obviously much better than stock, without being obnoxious. My previous car was an 2006 GTO with SLP longtube headers and a SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust. If you guys youtube that combo you will understand how loud of a car it was. This Top Speed exhaust has a really nice sound to it without having a drone or rasp.

I paid $420 shipped for this catback from topspeed on ebay too!!! I feel a little bit more push off the line with this exhaust as well. I will be posting up videos and pictures tomorrow for you guys. I would recommend people to start jumping on this band wagon so you will save yourselves about $1000 over the other catback systems.

Just my 2cents..
Finally! thanks for the review. Can't wait to see the video. My only issue is that the outlet where the 2 pipes meet in the mid-section looks like it's 2.5" instead of 3". Is this true? If so, they may want to rethink the design. That's going to hold back on exhaust flow.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:40 AM
WILLDOGS
Registered Member

In For Pics/Videos!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 AM
WeisG35

In for updates as well.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Deeprumble, is this a DIY (no cutting or additional welding req'd), and if so, did you DIY?
Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by themajesticking
Finally! thanks for the review. Can't wait to see the video. My only issue is that the outlet where the 2 pipes meet in the mid-section looks like it's 2.5" instead of 3". Is this true? If so, they may want to rethink the design. That's going to hold back on exhaust flow.
This isn't true. Bigger isn't always better and often loses torque. Second, there was an in depth scientific review floating around (linked here, but somewhere on the net) that found that anything past the y pipe had no adverse effects on power. It was all from headers, cats, and y pipe. After that the resonance has no effect on scavenging and only changes sound.

Anyway - Thanks Deeprumble. I was tempted on being the guinea pig but glad you beat me to it. Hopefully have mine by summer.

OH, question! The Ebay pick only shows a mid pipe and muffler section, does it include a Y pipe or not? If not it is not a true cat-back, but I'm OK with that since I have an exhaust depot Y.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
The Ebay pick only shows a mid pipe and muffler section, does it include a Y pipe or not? If not it is not a true cat-back
What?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:38 PM
themajesticking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
This isn't true. Bigger isn't always better and often loses torque. Second, there was an in depth scientific review floating around (linked here, but somewhere on the net) that found that anything past the y pipe had no adverse effects on power. It was all from headers, cats, and y pipe. After that the resonance has no effect on scavenging and only changes sound.

Anyway - Thanks Deeprumble. I was tempted on being the guinea pig but glad you beat me to it. Hopefully have mine by summer.

OH, question! The Ebay pick only shows a mid pipe and muffler section, does it include a Y pipe or not? If not it is not a true cat-back, but I'm OK with that since I have an exhaust depot Y.
So by your statement you are telling me that a 3" exhaust yields no more gain than a 2.5". Lol. Please Stop. If that were true then a true dual exhaust wouldnt make a difference either. Im not a noob
Old 02-19-2012, 01:43 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
i think the saying is that sometimes, bigger pipes will cause you to loose too much backpressure and torque, especially in the low end.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by sniper27
i think the saying is that sometimes, bigger pipes will cause you to loose too much backpressure and torque, especially in the low end.
And we all know our VQs can't afford any loss in torque

Quick Reply: Top Speed exhaust for the Sedan?