G37 Sedan
View Poll Results: Do you hear the High-Pitch/Frequency Noise?
YES!
59.90%
NO!
40.10%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 09:49 PM
shivers

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by handleandrew
yes, I do!!! I have been reading this 5 yr old thread with hope that there is a solution to my/our problem somewhere in it...
My 2010 sedan just started doing this last week. Most noticeable at 75-77 MPH seems to go away below 73 and above 80. My wife was able to hear the noise as we'll, so I know it's not all in my head.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Skyrhino

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
So my '09 X sedan has BOTH distinct, horrible sounds: 1) the high-pitched electronic whine when I accelerate above about 6 mph, and 2) the high-pitched metallic grind coming from the right rear wheel area at 80 mph. Glad I'm not the only one with this. Will start reading the hundreds of posts now to find the fixes!
The following users liked this post:
issa9002 (01-05-2022)
Old 03-25-2017, 12:05 AM
enuff4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NickSeitzer
Ok --------HERE IS THE SOLUTION--------

I picked up a 2009 G37X from Lousville, KY about 3 months ago. I installed K&N air filters... my MAF sensor quickly went out. My car was going into "limp mode" repeatedly. One day, as I arrived at work, I heard the DREADED HIGH PITCHED NOISE! (*Evil laugh)
I noticed that every time I pushed the gas past 1500 RPM the noise would come on. The sound does not change... it's one solid high-pitched tone. I began asking people if they could hear it. Most said "No" and looked at me as if I was crazy. I found a hearing test online... and began checking everyone I could. Those that could hear the higher frequencies earned a free ride in my car to confirm the noise.
I called the dealer here in Cincinnati. Infiniti of Kings Auto Mall. They said they had never heard of it. I dropped the car off, they fixed the MAF sensors... I got the car back... the sound was still there. About a day later I received a survey. One of the questions was "Were all of your issues addressed?" It was a 0 to 10 scale; I answered "0".

I wrote Infiniti's Facebook page and was impressed to receive an almost immediate response. This was enventually a dead-end though. They asked me if I had a pre-owned approved purchase... I responded "No"... they quickly told me to figure it out myself...

This is when I began my mission. To stop the noise... no matter what it took. I called the dealer back. They said they had a kid there who could hear it, and they asked me to bring it back. I took it back and received a call from the dealer telling me that they had spoken with corporate and corporate said it's a "characteristic of the car"...
I immediately called corporate and asked them if they wanted to buy a nice infiniti... with a dog-whistle attached to the gas pedal... They listened but kept saying "it's a characteristic of the car". At one point the guy I was speaking with told me to hold on. He came back and said that he talked to a "top engineer" who told him he knew of the high pitched sound, but that "most people can't hear it".... I asked him "If I had poor vision does that mean you won't fix a large scratch on my hood?" Afterall... I can't see it.. right?!! I called the Infiniti dealer and he had some good news... he said that corporate called him... and confirmed it was

"A KNOWN ECU/ECM ISSUE" and that they had a "replacement countermeasure"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then he told me it would be covered because my car didn't have 80k miles on it yet. I called corporate back to thank them and confirm. They told me I didn't have any coverage for it, there was "no such thing as coverage to 80k miles", and I'd have to pay for it. Long story short, they were wrong. I DID NOT have to pay for it. My ECM WAS COVERED until 80k miles (I had 79k :})

They put me in a brand new 2014 Infiniti Q50 for a few days. I got my car back, synical about whether or not they would have it fixed. I actually emailed the guys there "THIS FORUM"... and YES IT HELPED!

THEY FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS DEFINITELY THE ECM.

AGAIN, IT IS ABSOLUTELY, 100% THE ECM. There is a countermeasure available. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!! Call corporate!!!! Make sure they use a "C" part number (it stands for countermeasure)

I sincerely hope this helps.
I want to thank the guys at INFINITI OF KINGS AUTO MALL, right outside of Cincinnati, Ohio. Particularly, TOM the Manager there. He is amazing! When I called to ask him about the noise being fixed his response was "Well... we can't hear it anymore... but we aren't satisfied until YOU confirm that the noise is gone"... I almost cried when I got back in my car and the noise was gone...!! To some people this may sound ridiculous, but I worked very hard to OWN my Infiniti... and this was ruining it! I am sooooooo glad to have this fixed.
just picked up mine at 96k miles... how much would cost w/o warrenty?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:04 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
The noise is coming from your throttles guys, this noise is the frequency the motors emit as they adjust your idle.

This is the noise you're hearing

Idle re-learn might help but I dont have faith in anything other than replacing throttles or like this guy did replacing the ECM which from the time of the last post most will have been out of warranty
issa9002 (01-05-2022)
Old 01-02-2021, 03:43 AM
Aznativ15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverTL05
need more people.. Everyone report back!~!
I have it on my 2009 g37 A/T sedan. It is worst at cold start and gets a bit quieter after engine is at operating temp. I hear mine coming from the timing cover. I was told its possibly the cams whining but of course wouldnt know for sure unless you tear it apart. I am suspecting I have the usual timing guide and tensioner tick going on as well as a exhaust manifold leak cuz it sounds horribly loud. The loud exhaust started about the same time as the high pitched whine. However, unlikely related.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:49 AM
Gizmo3000
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi there, been awhile since I've been on here, but this is the first hit when I do a search.
Its raining tonight, and I went out to my driveway to do something, and I'm hearing this high pitch noise coming from my 2008 G37s!

car wasn't running, nothing turned on,. battery is fine (I had it on a band name trickle charger since I'm not driving it much during pandemic).
yet there's this whine sound coming from the engine bay, mid way on the drivers side. It's gotta be something electrical.
can't record it since it's raining hard. wtf. car starts up fine but the sound remains. freaky. will have to investigate tomorrow once the rain stops.
issa9002 (01-05-2022)