G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you hear the High-Pitch/Frequency Noise?
YES!
59.90%
NO!
40.10%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 03:20 AM
SilverTL05

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK.

so this problem happens when the car is parked, and RPM goes little over 1200 RPM.

Make sure your music is OFF.

you will hear faint high frequency noise from the front of the car. one of the speakers.

Need everyone's help to have this thing recalled.

take it to your dealership if you have this issues.

thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 03:42 AM
SilverTL05

Its interesting how some dealership can't find and fix this problem after 5th attempt.

Which means under the lemon law, you qualify for a new car. =)
Old 02-15-2009, 03:54 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverTL05
Its interesting how some dealership can't find and fix this problem after 5th attempt.

Which means under the lemon law, you qualify for a new car. =)
Good luck with that.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:01 PM
FlyBar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Pitched Ringing Sound

I have a 2008 G37 Sport and I to have this high pitched ringing sound
Old 02-17-2009, 03:33 AM
SilverTL05

So, we are not alone...

This link is from EX35 Forum: "Ringing" Engine Noise Anyone?

"http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=385835&postid=4349343"

This and other posting in our site shows that this is wider problem, and we need a fix.

"Thanks for letting us know. For those of you that are extremely sick of Infiniti sitting on its *** and not taking care of its customers like a luxury automaker should, feel free to emai Mark Igo directly. He's the GM of Infiniti USA.

mark.igo@infiniti.com
mark.igo@nissan-usa.com
mark.igo@infinitiusa.com

I sent an email to his office a while ago and got a response from his executive assistant. So one of these is correct. Just send it to all 3.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and the more people that send him emails and annoy him, the greater the chance that this will either get solved or it becomes very easy for us to get our money back from Infiniti under the lemon law by proving this is a widespread issue.

GoGo37, please post his email address on the forum you linked to and any others you're a member of."

Take a look~
Old 02-17-2009, 03:45 AM
SilverTL05

"
Link: https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/180095-ringing-sound-inside-car-2.html

batmobile posts:

I had the same issue, only I heard the high pitch noise everytime I pressed the accelerator. Just a tap and I would hear the noise, i took it to the dealer 6 times ( I do not give up!) and finally had it fixed. It is the bose system that causes the issue, A bose rep came to the dealership and actually replaced all of my speakers (don't know if they are updated or not, but the back ones sound better) and now I do not have that noise. Maybe the speakers they used prior are not as good as the '09 models?"
Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Supermac34

I just noticed this today in the parking garage at work when my satellite radio cut out. It sounds to me like a speaker or electronics whine. I wouldn't think its an engine noise. Might be interference showing up in audio on the speakers from one of the other electronics issues, although the Bose issue in the post above sounds like it might be the problem.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:50 PM
saltfish

I have an 09 and i hear the noise.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:47 AM
K37

Glad to see this is up as i've been dealing with this problem for a year now. I have a g37 '08 and have been refused countless times by the dealer on this matter. Upon investigating myself i've noticed that all g37 coupe's (i've examined about 5) have this same high frequency "noise" issue. This leads me to believe Infiniti knows about this and is being hush hush. In any case its a high pitch noise that comes from the passenger side speaker. Its somewhat like when you get tinnitus after attending a loud concert. When the car is parked i do not hear this issue but when i rev the gas ever so lightly (with the radio off of course) the sound is definitely audible, except to infiniti dealers. lol

what i've been doin is flooding Infiniti and Bose consumer affairs with my complaints. They all say the same thing, that its not a common problem. So if all of you who have the same issue can call/email these contacts i think they'll take us more seriously and maybe just maybe we'll get recall!

Bose - Consumer Relations Division:
Patty Bolack - support@bose.com
1-508-766-9522

Infiniti Corporate
Jonathan
1-866-799-1690 ext. 7158
Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 AM
K37

batmobile posts:

I had the same issue, only I heard the high pitch noise everytime I pressed the accelerator. Just a tap and I would hear the noise, i took it to the dealer 6 times ( I do not give up!) and finally had it fixed. It is the bose system that causes the issue, A bose rep came to the dealership and actually replaced all of my speakers (don't know if they are updated or not, but the back ones sound better) and now I do not have that noise. Maybe the speakers they used prior are not as good as the '09 models?"

When i brought this up to the Bose rep she said nothing was done of such and could not find any matching records to this.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:53 AM
XtatiC

2008 coupe and I have it
Old 02-18-2009, 03:44 AM
SilverTL05

Spoke to one of my old tech from Acura. After showing him the sound problem, he laughed and said it will take days for Infiniti tech to troubleshoot. Most likely, they will not authorize the tech to spend billable hours trying to locate the little sound.

Who knows if Infiniti realized that to recall and fix this problem will cost them $$$$$ when it’s not any safety concern. Complication can cause Infiniti to re-wire all electrical wires, install new Navi/hard drive and speakers, which can run thousands. This problem can turn into bigger issues if some wire shorts out, and cuts off the engine while driving.

Can you imagine someone from California suing under the class action/lemon law that Infiniti can’t fix the problem, and the noise is driving the person crazy? Slaps the Infiniti with pain and suffering lawsuits, and medical experts adding that noise can drive people crazy, and it’s cruel for Infiniti to ignore this problem? OMG….

I see this happening in California~
Old 02-18-2009, 04:33 AM
K37

i think that person would be me silver. lol
Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Serbiasrt8

i wasn't even paying attention to the roof problem untill i red about it on here,now im going to look for this hi pitch problem....thanx OP! lol
Old 03-11-2009, 12:42 AM
pdydy

I just started hearing the noise @ 1170miles... wtf
for the first time i floored the car all the way to 7.2k rpm and after fooling around some more, i hear the faint high pitched ghost...

How do we get rid of it?

Last edited by pdydy; 03-11-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Quick Reply: High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.