Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Need advice on racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 01:55 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Need advice on racing seats

So I'm starting to have more issues with my lower back. If I sit properly, I am simply too tall for the car. When I attempt to sit with good posture My head is in the sunroof. Will a racing seat, along with the proper mounts, lower the chair? I assume so, if so any idea how much? I really need a chair with support.

Thank guys,

From a 25 year old with a herniated disk.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
I have Status seats with wedge brackets and they sit a little lower. With that being said a long drive makes me feel like I did a tough lower back workout.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:03 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Have you tried lowering the seat, beyond what the motors can do?

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...ml#post2249587

Doesn't help with the overall ergonomics of the seat, but will allow you (if it works) to sit closer to your ideal posture position.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:08 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by bPChaos
Have you tried lowering the seat, beyond what the motors can do?

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...ml#post2249587

Doesn't help with the overall ergonomics of the seat, but will allow you (if it works) to sit closer to your ideal posture position.
Yeah already did that a few months back
Old 03-28-2017, 07:34 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Being short has its perks lol. I'm 5'9 so the car fits me just right, I couldn't imagine being much taller at all in the coupe. Also, coming from a guy who has chronic back pain from sciatica and at one time, herniated disk pain. The doctor always suggest the ESI injections but I'm not a fan of band aid fixes. Best thing I could ever suggest is light jogging on a treadmill and yoga. My girlfriend at the time suggested it and I was completely cured within about 90 days. The jogging strengthens the lower back and core, while on a treadmill softens the impact on your lower back, the yoga stretches it out. I'm not at all the man bun wearing, stick figure most would assume, in fact quite the opposite. I'm 215 with quite a bit of muscle and huge mountain biking legs lol.. So, you can imagine yoga was super tough/impossible at first but wow, life changing. Don't take it from me, just get in some yoga sessions and you'll know.

That being said, racing seats FTW..
Old 03-29-2017, 01:44 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Being short has its perks lol. I'm 5'9 so the car fits me just right, I couldn't imagine being much taller at all in the coupe. Also, coming from a guy who has chronic back pain from sciatica and at one time, herniated disk pain. The doctor always suggest the ESI injections but I'm not a fan of band aid fixes. Best thing I could ever suggest is light jogging on a treadmill and yoga. My girlfriend at the time suggested it and I was completely cured within about 90 days. The jogging strengthens the lower back and core, while on a treadmill softens the impact on your lower back, the yoga stretches it out. I'm not at all the man bun wearing, stick figure most would assume, in fact quite the opposite. I'm 215 with quite a bit of muscle and huge mountain biking legs lol.. So, you can imagine yoga was super tough/impossible at first but wow, life changing. Don't take it from me, just get in some yoga sessions and you'll know.

That being said, racing seats FTW..
I'm in physical therapy that's pretty intense. Actually has turned into basically full body rehab. First time doing something like this and I'm def getting results. But being in Dallas it take over an hour to get anywhere so I'm always stuck in my car. I don't want injections, not that I'm afraid of needles. Like you, it's a bandaid fix. Might as well throw hydrocodone at it 😑, been there done that hated it. Didn't solve anything.
I cannot jog due to causing sever back pain so rehab is what I'm limited to at the moment. A big problem is my lack of core strength with having a naturally muscular upper body. My lower back supports me rather than my core. We are in the process of changing my habits and posture. I've tired yoga a few times, just honestly not for me. A few of my dads friends had back issues and got into martial arts and are much better now. So once my schedule frees up, I plan on doing more of that.

But racing seats lol. So I looked on status' website and looks like they only have the Nurburgring edition or something like that. My only concern is will I fit? And does it lower the seat more than factory? I'd love to get racing seats because ya know race car, but honestly I need something for lowing the seat and helping my posture, not for scene points.

Sparco looks like they have some, recaros look cheap, but are expensive. The one bride website I looked at was in yen, in sure there are US dealers, I just didn't look past the first google result lol.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:38 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
I'm in Dallas pm me I have a interior guy who can mod your seat and bracket if needed

Trending Topics

Old 03-29-2017, 05:48 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

PM'ed .
Old 08-07-2017, 07:23 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I'm definitely going to try this when I get home today.