Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Clutch Slave cylinder replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 01:02 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Oh jeez after reading all these posts I think I might be screwed again. I purchased the Z speed HD CSC and had my clutch fluid replaced with GTR blue brake fluid. Well within a few months it turned brown again and I have black floaties just like I had when my CSC failed.

Keep us updated on how your work comes out.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:28 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ did you replace the MC along with the CSC and fluid flush? if not, the service manual recommends this in bold. otherwise contaminants from one part can make their way into the new part and lead to failure.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

I'd have to look at the service history, but I think so.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:40 AM
Mercerb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yep, if you are putting an aftermarket kit on with an OEM CSC, youll be pulling it back out in a couple months
Old 02-21-2017, 06:04 PM
AlvaroJCeballos

I ordered the stage 1 quiet clutch kit with the CMAK kit from Zspeed and got it installed this past weekend. The car drives amazing. The only issue my mechanic had was with removing the old master cylinder. Luckily he figured it all out. I hope to not have an issue with clutch anytime soon. Thank you all for your replies!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:17 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
u should take a look around the mc area make sure they didnt break anything while trying to get it out. its a bitch.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:17 PM
AlvaroJCeballos

They said that they had to unbolt the clutch pedal and some other stuff to be able to get it out. I will take a look tomorrow to see if I find something out of place or damaged.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:27 AM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
I'd check there n around the mc
Old 02-25-2017, 08:21 AM
Sig6MT
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AlvaroJCeballos
I ordered the stage 1 quiet clutch kit with the CMAK kit from Zspeed and got it installed this past weekend. The car drives amazing. The only issue my mechanic had was with removing the old master cylinder. Luckily he figured it all out. I hope to not have an issue with clutch anytime soon. Thank you all for your replies!
Can you share more about this kit? I find the clutch on my 2013 6MT Difficult to shift smooth (without jerking)

What prompted you to do add this kit

Can you describe in more tangible manner what the difference you noticed?

Did you have to replaced the MC or clutch fluid?

Thank you
Old 02-25-2017, 03:50 PM
AlvaroJCeballos

This is the kit I purchased ZSpeed Performance Nissan Infinti OEM & Performance Parts

I too was having issues shifting he car smoothly before the MC gave out. When the mechanic took everything apart, he noticed that the MC was the one that allowed all of the clutc fluid to leak out. He also noticed that the slave cylinder was on its way out too.
The flywheel also had some weird movement to it, not really sure how to describe it.
I decided to replace the MC, Slave cylinder, clutch flywheel and the transmission fluid all at once. The car drives so smoothly now. Now jerkiness when shifting through the gears.
I basically just got the mechanic to install the whole kit above. I also ordered the clutch fluid along with it, and I picked up some transmission fluid from Nissan.
The only thing that could potentially be bothersome for someone, is the tiny rattle that arises when slightly accelerating at a low RPM; most likely due to the flywheel being single mass as opposed to dual mass. I'm really pleased with the kit.
I was originally going to purchase the stock replacement clutch kit, but I decided to go with the stage 1 instead.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:17 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

How many lbs is the flywheel you installed?
Old 02-26-2017, 12:21 AM
AlvaroJCeballos

It's 26lbs! There were lighter flywheels available, but I wasn't looking to spend more money on a lighter, more expensive one.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AlvaroJCeballos
It's 26lbs! There were lighter flywheels available, but I wasn't looking to spend more money on a lighter, more expensive one.
Nice!
My buddy just picked up a 2011 c63 black series and that things light flywheels makes the rev counter so sexy. How fast it jumps and dives. Ugh.

Got the car back from the dealer today. Here is what my current clutch fluid looks like. This is after about a year with the new CSC. You can see black bits floating around in there.
Attached Thumbnails Clutch Slave cylinder replacement-photo78.jpg  
Old 03-01-2017, 09:51 AM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesmeister11
Got the car back from the dealer today. Here is what my current clutch fluid looks like. This is after about a year with the new CSC. You can see black bits floating around in there.

Wow, definitely flush that fluid out before it contaminates the rest of the system.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by sLADe781
Wow, definitely flush that fluid out before it contaminates the rest of the system.
Not a bad idea, but it's probably too late. It's been like this for almost year. But probably still a good idea to prevent further damage, and too see if more particles emerge.