Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

08 to 09-10 ecm change. Need a part #

Old 01-22-2017, 03:21 AM
Z97

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 to 09-10 ecm change. Need a part #

As the topic reads, I am looking to change my 08 Ecu to a new 09-10 Ecu. I need to know the correct part number for a manual coupe with the adaptive cruise control.

Also how how much of pain In the *** would it be to reprogram myself?

Thanks
Old 01-22-2017, 07:49 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Z97
As the topic reads, I am looking to change my 08 Ecu to a new 09-10 Ecu. I need to know the correct part number for a manual coupe with the adaptive cruise control.

Also how how much of pain In the *** would it be to reprogram myself?

Thanks
If you have a Panasonic Tough-Book laptop with the Consult lll software for your vehicle and the necessary training it should not be a problem at all.

Telcoman
Old 01-22-2017, 04:54 PM
Waste86

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Pretty sure this is the part you need:
237101ND9C

Engine control module for a 2009 coupe, manual, with tech package
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (02-24-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 05:01 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
That's the number I found as well. Let us know how this swap goes! I am very interested in doing this because I want to go ECUtek (not UpRev) but the '08 ECM's do not have enough storage. I have the ICC so I would like to know as well if it continues to work with the ECM swap.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:06 PM
xnick101
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
That's the number I found as well. Let us know how this swap goes! I am very interested in doing this because I want to go ECUtek (not UpRev) but the '08 ECM's do not have enough storage. I have the ICC so I would like to know as well if it continues to work with the ECM swap.
Why do you specifically need ecutek? uprev is catching up to them these days.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:35 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Read too many good things about the EcuTek when being compared to UpRev. After doing hours of research on the forums here, it seems that the EcuTek tends to make a little more power, has more tuning capabilities, and is a better option for people who plan on going FI (which I might).
Old 02-26-2017, 12:59 AM
xnick101
Registered Member

Read too many good things about the EcuTek when being compared to UpRev. After doing hours of research on the forums here, it seems that the EcuTek tends to make a little more power, has more tuning capabilities, and is a better option for people who plan on going FI (which I might).
A good tuner will make the same amount of power on uprev or ecutek now. As far as what you read on the forum, is very accurate since uprev was far behind, up until now. Uprev about to release (within ~2 weeks from today) simplified timing maps, IAT...ECT...EOT correction tables, 3D Knock control tables as well as full VTC VVEL control. This is all available with the ARC License features which also offers launch control, flat foot shifting, and Rolling antilag which has already been released. I hear they will also be releasing flex fuel setup some time soon. The only feature I wish they would add that ecutek has is the check engine light flashing when it detects knock.
jpowersjr2 (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 06:31 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up xnick101, that's why I come to the forums lol. If that is the case then I may stick with UpRev and avoid having to swap my ECU. Even better I have a licensed UpRev tuner close to me in Murfreesboro but EcuTek was much farther away in GA (I'm right outside Nashville, TN).
Old 02-26-2017, 06:42 PM
xnick101
Registered Member

Interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up xnick101, that's why I come to the forums lol. If that is the case then I may stick with UpRev and avoid having to swap my ECU. Even better I have a licensed UpRev tuner close to me in Murfreesboro but EcuTek was much farther away in GA (I'm right outside Nashville, TN).
Ya no problem. Ecutek has some advantages still but not worth swapping ECU's and stuff for. Personally, would take to Jon at Z1 Motorsports for your tune. Hands down one of the best tuners in the game especially for uprev. I will be trailering my car up there from florida next year once my turbo kit is installed.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Meh, take some advice from this forum with a grain of salt. Most everyone here is basic bolt-ons with a tune, any cookie cutter E-Tune can handle that without a hiccup. No offense to the crowd here at all, most of us are super nice and knowledgeable, just stating the facts. If you're looking to really learn, head over to the 370 boards.. Almost every build is twin turbo, single turbo, supercharger, nitrous, fully built race cars etc.. The majority of them are running UpRev and proving its more than capable of handling anything you throw at it.

That being said, UpRev and Ecutek are direct competitors in the VQ world, if one comes out with an update, the other will follow suit shortly after. You really cant go wrong either way, especially if you only have bolt-ons.
jpowersjr2 (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 08:41 PM
xnick101
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kris9884
That being said, UpRev and Ecutek are direct competitors in the VQ world, if one comes out with an update, the other will follow suit shortly after. You really cant go wrong either way, especially if you only have bolt-ons.
You are right, Ecutek will still lead the way. But for us 08-09 guys we are limited to uprev unless you want ecutek with no racerom features. With that being said, uprev has really brought their A game lately to cater to even boosted applications. So not worth doing the whole ecm swap, get things reprogrammed and BS just to run ecutek. It's a very close game now, but if I had the choice of both I would still pick ecutek.

Search this Thread