Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Muffler and Resonator Delete 09 G37s 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:29 AM
kingsaliman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muffler and Resonator Delete 09 G37s 6MT

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area.

I have just bought my first car which is a 2009 G37s Coupe 6MT with about 26k miles on it. It's completely bone stock and I can't wait to start modding it. I want to take her in for a resonator and muffler delete but I was just wondering about general costs of what I should be looking to pay. I understand that it may vary depending on where I go, but I'm just looking to hear what you guys have paid if you've had this done. A side note: should I have the cats taken off too or not?
Old 01-09-2017, 09:34 AM
steven92

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
1. Welcome

2. I believe a resonator and muffler delete will leave you with a very raspy, harsh sound. If you're looking for an entry level, low-cost exhaust modification I would go with the top speed/beluga axleback exhaust system. I have them on my G37 and they sound amazing for what they are and cost less than $300.

Manzo Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust AxleBack Fits Infiniti G37 08 - 11 Coupe | eBay
Old 01-09-2017, 10:04 AM
kingsaliman

Originally Posted by steven92
1. Welcome

2. I believe a resonator and muffler delete will leave you with a very raspy, harsh sound. If you're looking for an entry level, low-cost exhaust modification I would go with the top speed/beluga axleback exhaust system. I have them on my G37 and they sound amazing for what they are and cost less than $300.

Manzo Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust AxleBack Fits Infiniti G37 08 - 11 Coupe | eBay
Thanks. I'm just looking to for something decent to hold me down till I can save up for an actual exhaust system.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Tsouchet
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had just a muffler delete and I got a crazy amount of complements! It was loud too. No rasp either. I would leave the resonator and just remove the muffler.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:43 PM
kingsaliman

Originally Posted by Tsouchet
I had just a muffler delete and I got a crazy amount of complements! It was loud too. No rasp either. I would leave the resonator and just remove the muffler.
Was the muffler bolted on? If so I might not need to take it to a shop but I do want the tips still on and will need welding.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Tsouchet
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kingsaliman
Was the muffler bolted on? If so I might not need to take it to a shop but I do want the tips still on and will need welding.
Yes mine was bolted on, I got mine from topspeed. The only thing I didn't like was that the tips did not stick out far enough from my Aero bumper. When I had my stock sport bumper it was fine. I'm sure it will be a little cheaper if you go to a shop and do it!

Infiniti G37 Coupe 08-13 Top Speed Pro-1 Upgrade Axle-back Exhaust System - Top Speed Pro 1 Performance
Old 01-10-2017, 03:19 AM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
You can just unbolt it yourself. It's very easy to do,and that way you can see if you like the sound or not. If you like it then you can find some nice tips and have a muffler shop weld those on for you. Please don't remove the resonators and mufflers. It's very loud and has alot of drone.

EXHAUST TIPS - Page 1 - Red Tail Performance
Old 01-10-2017, 09:29 AM
kingsaliman

Originally Posted by guy from norcal
You can just unbolt it yourself. It's very easy to do,and that way you can see if you like the sound or not. If you like it then you can find some nice tips and have a muffler shop weld those on for you. Please don't remove the resonators and mufflers. It's very loud and has alot of drone.

EXHAUST TIPS - Page 1 - Red Tail Performance
Well that's what I'm looking for. I don't mind drone, as long as it isn't killer.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:42 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Well that's what I'm looking for. I don't mind drone, as long as it isn't killer.
I did it on my sedan. It was so bad i went back the next day and put my resonators back on. But if you like loud and alot of drone have at it.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:29 AM
kingsaliman

Originally Posted by guy from norcal
I did it on my sedan. It was so bad i went back the next day and put my resonators back on. But if you like loud and alot of drone have at it.
My cousin told me not to do it since it'll sound like a fart can. He said to save my money for some AAM Short Tails. What do you think?
Old 01-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Tsouchet
Registered Member

My cousin told me not to do it since it'll sound like a fart can. He said to save my money for some AAM Short Tails. What do you think?
The AAM short tails will sound exactly the same as if you were going to custom make one. It will only sound good if you leave your resonators in but remove the mufflers. If you remove your resonators it will sound like crap. The AAM short tails are like $400, plenty of members here have went to a muffler shop and got custom ones made that cost them less than the short tails
The following users liked this post:
kingsaliman (01-12-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 12:38 PM
slotterjordan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area.

I have just bought my first car which is a 2009 G37s Coupe 6MT with about 26k miles on it. It's completely bone stock and I can't wait to start modding it. I want to take her in for a resonator and muffler delete but I was just wondering about general costs of what I should be looking to pay. I understand that it may vary depending on where I go, but I'm just looking to hear what you guys have paid if you've had this done. A side note: should I have the cats taken off too or not?
i had a muffler and resonator delete with 2.5 inch piping. Sounds amazing. Can be raspy. But turns alot of head. I currently have no cats. No resonators and no mufflers. And just one dual in and out manga flow muffler up where the Y pipe is. I cut the Y pipe and made a true dual system. With the muffler. It sounds. UN. REAL. but start with resonators first. That way the muffler resonates the raspyness. Watch YouTube videos.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:26 AM
kingsaliman

Originally Posted by slotterjordan
i had a muffler and resonator delete with 2.5 inch piping. Sounds amazing. Can be raspy. But turns alot of head. I currently have no cats. No resonators and no mufflers. And just one dual in and out manga flow muffler up where the Y pipe is. I cut the Y pipe and made a true dual system. With the muffler. It sounds. UN. REAL. but start with resonators first. That way the muffler resonates the raspyness. Watch YouTube videos.
Do you think I should save up for an actual exhaust or should I just go ahead and do the deletes?
Old 01-12-2017, 10:01 AM
slotterjordan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you think I should save up for an actual exhaust or should I just go ahead and do the deletes?
If you want just a clean "loud" sound from cat back. Do that. If not. Straight pipe. You'll love the sound on straight pipes. Pops and Crackle's alotttt when you get rid of resonators. I even recommend getting after market y pipe. Megan racing. And go full 2.5 inch piping when you get the straight pipes.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
I highly recommend NOT removing the muffler. I tried it for one day and HAD to put it back on. He's right, it turns heads because people are disgusted lol.. It doesn't sound good, period.