Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

BT streaming issues- iOS 10.0.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:59 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://discussions.apple.com/messag...23456#31251713
Old 01-17-2017, 01:02 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
The dealer managed to get to my car today and updated the Bluetooth firmware. Works like a charm now. No charge either.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:26 PM
maGorheadrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else go through this issue and resolve it? I got a software update ($120), worked for a day or two and went back to being useless.. Is this the same thing as the firmware? Anything else that may solve this issue? iPhone 6s
Old 03-22-2017, 10:48 AM
delfinparis

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep - same issue. I'm on the beta of 10.3, but it stopped working back on earlier builds a few days after I did the dealer upgrade. Please, please, please, send an email to Infiniti to notify them. They are pretty responsive and if enough of us report the bug, they'll fix it. Thanks!

Here's the link to report to their developers - https://www.infinitiusa.com/iapps/co...ontact_Us.Link
Old 03-23-2017, 11:09 AM
Blade Runner
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
My BT works fine, except when receiving calls. I get the same issue as some others. No one can here me. If I use the phone to switch the call to the phone, then back to BT, I can now hear them through the car stereo. This works until the next call when I have to do it again. To me, having a hands free phone that isn't hands free is useless. This was not a problem with my previous (Non Apple) phone. I believe I already have the BT patch.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Since doing the firmware update (Infiniti) my Bluetooth has been mostly fine with the exception of a slow initial connection sometimes. But music streaming and calling are all working.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:03 PM
maGorheadrush

Originally Posted by Ape Factory
Since doing the firmware update (Infiniti) my Bluetooth has been mostly fine with the exception of a slow initial connection sometimes. But music streaming and calling are all working.
Do you know if the firmware update is the same as the software update?
Old 03-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

I would assume a software update is the entire infotainment system while a firmware modifies the Bluetooth protocol only. It's my understanding it was a bluetooth only update.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:39 PM
JessicaIndy

iPhone bluetooth solve (for me anyway) passing this on

Hey all!

So I have a G37X coupe w/Nav system and have had it about 3 months. Had issues with my iPhone 6+ (NOT 6s+ btw) and am running IOS 10.3.1.

Long story short, I had to constantly resync my phone to the system. I tried everything I could think of short of going to the dealer and paying them to update the firmware.

What it would do is connect to system then say "iPhone disconnected blah blah blah" and I would have to turn off BT on phone and turn back on and hope it would resync.

It dawned on me that I have 4 other BT device profiles on my phone, 2 BT stereo speakers and 2 BT headphones. On a whim, I deleted these profiles, deleted profile for car, rebooted phone, restarted iPhone and got into car and resynced w/system. Got it to sync fine so I shut off car and left BT still on. Restarted car and it reconnected perfectly!

Its bad a car as expensive as it is would have this issue but small price to pay for me anyway to not have this hassle and I can always resync other stuff as needed.

Just thought I would pass this on and save someone some time and money
Old 04-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

^^That's actually a great point and I realized I also have another bluetooth device besides my phone, my radar detector. Despite the fact I never paired the detector to the car, it'll tell me, through the BT and car speakers in stereo when there's an alert up ahead. My detector speaks warnings too but interestingly enough, it's using the navigation voice, best as I can tell, from the Infiniti Nav system through the speakers. Two completely different voice tones/inflection.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:06 PM
Blade Runner
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Quick update: Got a loaner '17 Q50 and it too has the same problem with the iPhone. Peeps calling you cannot hear when you answer. That's with the latest iPhone update.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:07 PM
HotSawce
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Does anyone have a problem with music or is there a setting that I don't have right? When I connect to bluetooth, my music doesn't play at all. It continues to play through the phone and I'm pretty sure it didn't do this before the update.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:45 PM
JessicaIndy

Originally Posted by HotSawce
Does anyone have a problem with music or is there a setting that I don't have right? When I connect to bluetooth, my music doesn't play at all. It continues to play through the phone and I'm pretty sure it didn't do this before the update.

I am going to assume you have at least a 2010 so your BT profile has ability to stream to reciever. Assuming so, read my post a few weeks back about multiple BT profiles on your phone. Remove ALL of them, reboot and try to resynch w/ car.

On a different note, can you strean music to another BT device such as headphones/speaker/etc?
Old 04-20-2017, 05:48 PM
JessicaIndy

Originally Posted by Blade Runner
Quick update: Got a loaner '17 Q50 and it too has the same problem with the iPhone. Peeps calling you cannot hear when you answer. That's with the latest iPhone update.
So it DOES stream music ok though right?
Old 04-20-2017, 05:58 PM
HotSawce
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JessicaIndy
I am going to assume you have at least a 2010 so your BT profile has ability to stream to reciever. Assuming so, read my post a few weeks back about multiple BT profiles on your phone. Remove ALL of them, reboot and try to resynch w/ car.

On a different note, can you strean music to another BT device such as headphones/speaker/etc?
Yeah even with all of the devices on my currently, I can still connect and stream to all of them.