Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

BT streaming issues- iOS 10.0.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Ok so I'm currently on 10.2. Two main issues have presented themselves.

First, when someone calls me, it'll pick up but I can't hear the other person. Sometimes, on the third call, it works. When I call someone, it works just fine.

Second, if I start the car, the phone connects and I can stream music. If I shut the car off and back on again in a relatively short time frame, it often doesn't connect via Bluetooth or I can't forward to the next song (toggle button won't work). I sometimes have to shut the car off again and restart. Or turn the radio off then on again. But the connection process has definitely slowed down with the 10.2 update. I've had to plug in more and more lately.

I did have a screen freeze on Saturday and it took a good five minutes for it to "catch" up to the song that was actually playing. I may have Infiniti take a look but I suspect it's an iOS update issue.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:13 PM
delfinparis

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ape Factory
Ok so I'm currently on 10.2. Two main issues have presented themselves.

First, when someone calls me, it'll pick up but I can't hear the other person. Sometimes, on the third call, it works. When I call someone, it works just fine.

Second, if I start the car, the phone connects and I can stream music. If I shut the car off and back on again in a relatively short time frame, it often doesn't connect via Bluetooth or I can't forward to the next song (toggle button won't work). I sometimes have to shut the car off again and restart. Or turn the radio off then on again. But the connection process has definitely slowed down with the 10.2 update. I've had to plug in more and more lately.

I did have a screen freeze on Saturday and it took a good five minutes for it to "catch" up to the song that was actually playing. I may have Infiniti take a look but I suspect it's an iOS update issue.
Yes, I have a few of those issues, too! If you have a moment, please report them to infiniti - their techs are pretty responsive. I just did, but the more reports the better! Here's the link - Contact Us | Infiniti USA
Old 12-27-2016, 09:29 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Originally Posted by delfinparis
Yes, I have a few of those issues, too! If you have a moment, please report them to infiniti - their techs are pretty responsive. I just did, but the more reports the better! Here's the link - Contact Us | Infiniti USA
Will do that right now!
Old 12-28-2016, 11:23 AM
maGorheadrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having the same issues even after the most recent TSB. Super frustrating, I'll send a complaint as well
Old 12-28-2016, 11:59 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Got a response back and they do have an update for my current firmware. Into the dealer I go!
Old 12-28-2016, 02:53 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got a response back and they do have an update for my current firmware. Into the dealer I go!
Really? how did you find that out?
Old 12-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

They told me in the email. Opined and pasted below.

"Thank you for contacting Infiniti and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance. We are sorry to hear about the concerns you have regarding your Bluetooth connectivity with your 2013 Infiniti G37.

We recommend that you check the device set up guide available at our Infiniti Bluetooth microsite: Infiniti InTouch Bluetooth Technology | Infiniti USA as this may resolve your concern. Once on the site, choose the model and year of your vehicle from the drop down lists to display images of Recommended and Not Recommended Devices. Next, click the image of your phone model to access more information and technical guides.

I would also recommend taking the vehicle in to Gunn Infiniti to update the firmware with ITB12-05B.

In the event that none of the information or guides resolve your Bluetooth concern, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-662-6200 (Option 7) and reference Case # 25005466. Or, reply to this email and provide the following information:

Phone Carrier:
Phone Manufacturer:Apple
Model:IPhone
Operating System:10.2
Bluetooth Concern:connection

Thank you again for allowing us to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

INFINITI"
Old 12-28-2016, 03:58 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

Thanks, got the same email just now. Have you already gotten the update?
Old 12-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Haven't had the chance yet, maybe tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:30 PM
GLife14
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by kushp14
Ok so I just picked up my G and I'm having a slight static when using Bluetooth audio on my iPhone. Static appears with Spotify Pandora and music from my library. It is not bad but still noticeable. USB is fine. Any suggestions?
Update: Dealer told me to bluetooth interferes with the system and to keep it completely turned off on my device (Iphone 6s plus) for best sound through USB.

Originally, I had slight static sometimes over BT and what I thought was low quality over USB- but when I turned audio off/on for a min and back on it sounded better. Same result with Spotify (which is set to extreme streaming quality), Pandora, Music on device and a new apple cable. Maybe it is just me having high hopes for the bose system but will try it with no bluetooth connections.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:39 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Just an update, I dropped my car off at the dealership today for the inbound call connection issue I've been having. We verified it right then and there. Outgoing calls, no problem, incoming not working at all. It'll "answer" but neither the caller, nor myself, can hear a thing. He has the Infiniti note on the update.

Ironically it sounded like it would take a few days (maybe they're just busy) which sucks as I was planning on doing stainless braided brake lines and full fluid change today.

They gave me a Q70S as a loaner which is a huge boat. Hate the interior too but hey, it's a free loaner. I did go ahead and set my phone up on it, we'll see if I can get incoming calls as I'm assuming the firmware is an updated version being a newer model year car.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:07 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

Just an update, I dropped my car off at the dealership today for the inbound call connection issue I've been having. We verified it right then and there. Outgoing calls, no problem, incoming not working at all. It'll "answer" but neither the caller, nor myself, can hear a thing. He has the Infiniti note on the update.

Ironically it sounded like it would take a few days (maybe they're just busy) which sucks as I was planning on doing stainless braided brake lines and full fluid change today.

They gave me a Q70S as a loaner which is a huge boat. Hate the interior too but hey, it's a free loaner. I did go ahead and set my phone up on it, we'll see if I can get incoming calls as I'm assuming the firmware is an updated version being a newer model year car.

Had the same issue, making outgoing calls was no problem, when calls would come in, it would either disconnect or couldnt hear anything at all.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:10 PM
supreme
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
The BT is trash now...I am giving up hope. I will contact the consumer affairs for the case. Hopefully they don't charge for a firmware update to the system (Full warranty expired last year). A hassle nonetheless because usability is completely out the window now.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:33 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

if your using a iphone 7 or 7+ its a hardware issue, an infiniti firmware update will not do anything. Theres already a huge thread on the apple forums about this, an apple engineer providing support for a person having bluetooth issue stated it was a hardware issue with the phone.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:35 PM
supreme
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by infamous84
if your using a iphone 7 or 7+ its a hardware issue, an infiniti firmware update will not do anything. Theres already a huge thread on the apple forums about this, an apple engineer providing support for a person having bluetooth issue stated it was a hardware issue with the phone.
WTF! Do you have a link to this?