Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

just bought 2011 Infiniti G37xS coupe! couple questions

Old 08-26-2015, 10:33 PM
mastapro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys,

I finally was able to pull the trigger on this car that I've been wanting for over a year. Everything is great so far but I have a few questions.

1) The tread depth that is left on the tires are 9 in the front and 6 in the back... I read that you have to change all 4 tires in a AWD but I also heard g37 runs a staggered setup... so is it ok if I just replace the 2 rear tires?
2) Is it possible to connect bluetooth ipod to play music? I don't have nav package and I couldn't find a way..
3) When I get an oil change, is it ok to go to any mechanic as long as they use synthetic oil?

Thanks guys.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:58 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only the rwd coupes are staggered? Maybe not. It's still a good idea to change all 4 tires - non nav should be able to connect via blue tooth. My gf's Z can and it doesn't have nav so I would think the G can as well... Yes, anyone can change your oil, even you! If you have synthetic in there now, stay with synthetic.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:00 PM
mastapro

Originally Posted by Sway_NV
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only the rwd coupes are staggered? Maybe not. It's still a good idea to change all 4 tires - non nav should be able to connect via blue tooth. My gf's Z can and it doesn't have nav so I would think the G can as well... Yes, anyone can change your oil, even you! If you have synthetic in there now, stay with synthetic.
I think it's all the sport coupes that are staggered(again i'm not 100% sure). mine is a xS so it's awd and the sport version. as for the bluetooth, i'm hoping there's a way because that would be a weird thing to leave off of a car like this haha
Old 08-26-2015, 11:23 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by mastapro
I think it's all the sport coupes that are staggered(again i'm not 100% sure). mine is a xS so it's awd and the sport version. as for the bluetooth, i'm hoping there's a way because that would be a weird thing to leave off of a car like this haha
If you have the stock wheels that came on the XS coupe they should be (4)
19x8.5 wheels running all 225/45/19 tires. All AWD Gs come from the factory w/ a square (all tires/wheels the same size) setup.
BTW, congrats on finally getting the car you've been wanting.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:30 PM
mastapro

Originally Posted by blnewt
If you have the stock wheels that came on the XS coupe they should be (4)
19x8.5 wheels running all 225/45/19 tires. All AWD Gs come from the factory w/ a square (all tires/wheels the same size) setup.
BTW, congrats on finally getting the car you've been wanting.
Thanks!

I'm not sure if it's stock wheels because the car already has 40k miles.. but if this is true.. do you think it's ok to wait til next season to change the tires? I don't want to change all the tires now especially when the front ones are pretty much new..
Old 08-27-2015, 12:47 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Thanks!

I'm not sure if it's stock wheels because the car already has 40k miles.. but if this is true.. do you think it's ok to wait til next season to change the tires? I don't want to change all the tires now especially when the front ones are pretty much new..
im not familiar with the G37 AWD system, but on others, having mismatched tires is a recipe for drivetrain destruction. cant say for the Haldex type system that i think the G37 uses - might not be as big a deal, but i wouldnt take chances before knowing if thats the case.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:32 AM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Not sure on the tire sitiuation. But, having to buy all 4 tires when your front's are almost new sounds retarded. I would just buy two more of the same kind for a matching set. As far as streaming music over bluetooth w/ non nav. It's not going to happen on it's own. There is a usb adapter that's supposed to work. But, everyone say's it lags and skips. Also if possible do your own oil change! That way you know it's done right!
Old 08-27-2015, 10:03 AM
mastapro

Originally Posted by Landshark
im not familiar with the G37 AWD system, but on others, having mismatched tires is a recipe for drivetrain destruction. cant say for the Haldex type system that i think the G37 uses - might not be as big a deal, but i wouldnt take chances before knowing if thats the case.
Damnit this is what I'm really worried about... where can I get a non-salesman opinion on this? Should I call Infiniti?

Originally Posted by Kb Cool
Not sure on the tire sitiuation. But, having to buy all 4 tires when your front's are almost new sounds retarded. I would just buy two more of the same kind for a matching set. As far as streaming music over bluetooth w/ non nav. It's not going to happen on it's own. There is a usb adapter that's supposed to work. But, everyone say's it lags and skips. Also if possible do your own oil change! That way you know it's done right!
Thanks, I'll see if my friend can do the oil changes for me. Should I use synthetic?? Also, is there an alternative way to play music with an ipod then? I know there's an AUX button, is there a aux input somehwere?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Damnit this is what I'm really worried about... where can I get a non-salesman opinion on this? Should I call Infiniti?

Thanks, I'll see if my friend can do the oil changes for me. Should I use synthetic?? Also, is there an alternative way to play music with an ipod then? I know there's an AUX button, is there a aux input somehwere?
Yes, synthetic would be best. Personally i'm using the ester oil. People say it's junk and not worth the money. But, it's what nissan recommends and i think the cold start ups are quieter. Cost me about 70 bucks per change including filter. You have a USB port in the center console that works great with apple products. No 3.5 mm jack exist.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:57 AM
mastapro

Yes, synthetic would be best. Personally i'm using the ester oil. People say it's junk and not worth the money. But, it's what nissan recommends and i think the cold start ups are quieter. Cost me about 70 bucks per change including filter. You have a USB port in the center console that works great with apple products. No 3.5 mm jack exist.
Damnit they didn't include the wire with the car haha, which kind of cable do I have to get for that? Also, what is the purpose of the AUX button the console if there's no aux input?
Old 08-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

I use the usb to lightning connecter to my iphone. The aux is the usb port.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:33 AM
mastapro

I use the usb to lightning connecter to my iphone. The aux is the usb port.
Hmm interesting I'll have to try this... I hate having to use a car's screen to change music, I rather do it on my ipod but I guess this is the only resort...
Old 08-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Hmm interesting I'll have to try this... I hate having to use a car's screen to change music, I rather do it on my ipod but I guess this is the only resort...
don't you have steering wheel controls? usb in the armrest or the RCA jacks?

i stash the ipod in the armrest and never touch it.

oh, and a Google search found this:
"Per Haldex (yes, it's a company) the rolling diameter of all four wheels must be within 4%. Anything outside of that parameter will hurt your system.
Concrete evidence - Go search the forum for things like "Is my quattro broken?" and "All of my wheels don't spin!". A common factor is mismatched wheel diameters
Go with different rolling diameters and pretty soon you'll have all the benefits of a FWD vehicle with the added weight of a Quattro system that doesn't work. Don't forget to post something to the effect of "Is my Haldex controller burnt out?"

i wouldn't chance it - always rotate your tires (i do it every 7500 miles roughly) on an AWD vehicle to keep even wear.

Last edited by Landshark; 08-27-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:23 PM
mastapro

Originally Posted by Landshark
don't you have steering wheel controls? usb in the armrest or the RCA jacks?

i stash the ipod in the armrest and never touch it.
Yea I believe once I hook up the ipod I should have controls on the wheel but what I'm saying is I rather be able to change it thru the ipod itself because I have playlists and search functionalities on it.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:40 PM
R1 Dan G37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey congrats on the car man I just got one too, mine is the 2012 xS model but anyway, I don't think there's a way to play the music through Bluetooth for some weird reason, my 2012 Mazda 3 could but in this car I notice when I connect it all my options come down to has to do with calling and phone book, I took a quick look in the manual and didn't really see anything to do with playing music through it... I also came across some videos but all the videos did was show you how to connect and make a call, so I'm pretty sure you can't at this point play music through Bluetooth because I don't think it would be so difficult. On the other hand there is the USB port in the center console that I prefer to use, it's just your charging cable that you use for the phone, when you plug it in the car automatically goes to the AUX(usb) device to play music. I use spotify and pandora which you can control all that on your phone while your nav unit just shows the current song, so yes you can control all of your music playing on the phone when you plug it in the usb, I've gotten better sound quality anyway when I play through cable instead of Bluetooth systems

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just bought 2011 Infiniti G37xS coupe! couple questions