Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Safe Mode Issues: Violent Jerking

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 12:25 AM
vqsmile

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty

Fixed your image in your post.

So they replaced both throttle bodies, not throttle cables.

Just as I thought. Those jerks!

Originally Posted by HoldmyMouse

And quick search will show the TB to be $641 a pop on infinitipartusa.com.
Originally Posted by Dreamon

And yes, the throttle BODIES, were a way the dealership could take advantage.
Dreamon, I'm so sorry to say that the overcharging in this case actually gets a lot worse than that.

The TB's in our cars are not even made by Nissan, the OEM parts are actually standardized Hitachi parts, with Hitachi part numbers (#ETB0005 and #ETB0008), and as such, the exact OEM parts can be purchased under the Hitachi part # from RockAuto for a mere $166 for the left, and $176 for the right, for a total of $342 for the pair! (versus the dealership's $1500)

(Not that they were likely even needed, but given they were swapped out, it could still have been done at a fraction of what you were charged)
The following users liked this post:
HoldmyMouse (03-27-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 11:11 PM
mayday813

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I experienced this problem (severe engine misfire and violent shaking) as we entered the Denver area driving from the Midwest. I turned off the vehicle and restarted it and it cleared the problem. No malfunction lights on the dash. I had a local AutoZone put their meter on the vehicle and it showed code P010B which, according to their info, a bad MAF on the "B" bank. The vehicle was driven from Denver to Chama NM and just outside Chama, the misfire occured again. I made an appointment and brought the vehicle into Grarcia Nissan in Santa Fe, NM. They updated the ECU and the problem appears to have been resolved. I've drove the vehicle from NM, to CA and back to IA without a reoccurrence. Cost was approximately $112.
2009 G37 sedan AT approx. 80K miles. Purchased the vehicle new and never had a problem prior to this. FYI, average mpg for the 4,600 mile trip was close to 30 mpg (driving approx. 8 mph over the posted speed limit.)