Sponsored By:

RLO "Essence" bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Kingston Kustoms
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
RLO "Essence" bumper

Hey guys. Sorry I've been away for such a long time.....to those who care lol. But I've been busy building a few things and trying to expand this little hobby into a bigger business. Anyway.... I have officially changed the name of the Essence inspired bumper to the "RLO" G37 bumper.....not that Nissan had anything to do with that....https://www.myg37.com/forums/images/smilies/icon43.gif

SO I have the sedan model coming too and its pretty much the same as the coupe. Dont mind the dirty car pic. Its a horrible winter up here. I'm still perfecting a few things on it and and I want to get more installation videos and redo them for the coupe as well. I have to say, I appreciate MyG37 and many of you for supporting me and essentially pushing me to actually put this into mass production.

So you can still contact me at KingstonKustoms@hotmail.com if you are interested. I'm trying to get a website once I have all the parts and a few guys locally who will let me takes pics of their car. For now I have the coupe on Ebay.

Oh and another big project I'm doing is building a Vaydor which uses the G35! Amazing project but that will take about a year or so till its ready.

Cheers guys!
Attached Thumbnails RLO "Essence" bumper-rlo-sedan.jpg   RLO "Essence" bumper-rlo-g37-coupe.jpg   RLO "Essence" bumper-rlo-g37-bumper.jpg  
Old 02-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
I understand why you changed the name, but am not sure what the "RLO" stands for? Just interested.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:05 PM
Kingston Kustoms
Premier Member

It was actually part of an employees last name. Actually.... One of my hardest workers. Lol. I say it as R L O.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Phantom87

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Very interesting looking bumper.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:08 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
they are selling the sedan bumper in taobao.com and alibaba.com which they are chinese website
Old 02-25-2015, 10:16 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
I applaud your creativity but the design is poorly executed as it's not flowing with the rest of the car (especially the sedan). Also the craftsmanship and fitment do not speak quality.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Kingston Kustoms
Premier Member

I've actually seen the ones from China. Lol. Mine are different as the grill opening is smaller and has more curve to it. I only put up that pic in a raw form just to show how it's coming along. There Were still fitment issues but I corrected them. Plus the think looks gross unpainted lol. lets be real.

As far as the flow goes. I'll have videos up to show the flow. Most people are used to how the car originally looks So this big of a change actually seems awkward to most. But the lines do go well and it's hard to say it's after market because I kept the design simple and clean. Now that being said, my car also had some extra parts I made which I may have to recreate as well. Either way, everyone will have their opinion which is perfect.... My opinion of the car was that it looked boring in the first place, Hence why I changed it and even look at the new Infinitis.... Someone got the hint too lol. But!!! Talk is cheap folks. I'll show you more videos and more pics and leave it up to you! I get about 10-20 emails a day so it can't be that ugly .
Old 02-26-2015, 08:48 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
I kinda like it. It's very drastic IMHO and completely changes the car. So much that I bet your average person would be like "WTF is that car?!?!"

It sorta reminds me of a Jaguar, or something else that I can't quite articulate.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:53 AM
Kingston Kustoms
Premier Member

A lot of people tell me it reminds them of A Maserati or Austin Martin. Again, this was based of the essence concept Infiniti had so I can't take all the credit. Mind you, I had to make it slightly different.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:06 AM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Not my cup of tea, but I respect the amount of work you're doing. Keep it up.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:10 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Kingston Kustoms
A lot of people tell me it reminds them of A Maserati or Austin Martin. Again, this was based of the essence concept Infiniti had so I can't take all the credit. Mind you, I had to make it slightly different.
I see Maserati more so than Aston...but this is probably what I had in mind with the Jaguar:

Old 02-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Phantom87

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What would something like this cost?
Old 03-04-2015, 10:17 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Kingston Kustoms
Talk is cheap folks. I'll show you more videos and more pics and leave it up to you!
Would love to see more pictures.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Temptones1
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I like the way it looks...I'd get one in a minute if I could and I knew I could get it put on. I know I can't do it.But to me it looks great ! Good work...If Infiniti steals your design you'll know it was good.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:33 PM
chucky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like it a lot! I have a 2008 I've done almost everything on but no aero stuff. I've been looking furiously and this front end is the best I've seen IMHO. If you have any technical info. I'd really like to see it. why not think about a patent then Infiniti would have to pay to still it. Just a thought fron a old guy.

Last edited by chucky; 03-05-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: add a thought

Quick Reply: RLO "Essence" bumper