Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Ryan909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help

Hello, I am very happy to find a forum dedicated to Infiniti. I am a fairly new first time owner of a 2011 g37 coupe and I love this car. I just have a few little concerns because I really want to take care of this car and make it last as long as possible.

I just reached 30,000 miles on this car and what is the best things to do regarding maintenance at this millage? I know very little but I make sure to change my oil every 3 months no matter what..even if it doesn't hit 3,000 miles. Please give me a list of what I need to do at this point so that I can take care of this beauty.

My other concern is that I drive to DWN town LA for work and I run into a lot of stop and go traffic. Is this bad for the car? Should I man up and take the metro rather than drive my car to work? Keep in mind I drive this car very carefully.. I avoid a lot of pot holes and mostly never let the rpm go over 2,500-3,000. I baby this car even when I drive by never stressing the engine. Its very rare that I push the car to its limits.

My last question would be about scratches. What is the best way to get rid of those small scratches on the car? The car is mostly flawless but with some minor scratches. What is the best method? Should I get it detailed and would that fix the problem?

thanks.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
I'm at work on my lunch break so I'll give a short answer, and I'm sure someone else will elaborate. - do a search on 30k maintenance, or scheduled maintenance, you'll find plenty of info. You have a high rev engine now, at 2500 rpm she's still asleep... You don't even meet peak torque until about 3200 rpm. (Peak HP is 7125 for me) Just don't redline it all the time or drive it hard before the motor warms up and you'll be fine. If you want to drive your car to work then do it, I doubt you bought the car just to sit there and look pretty. (Though it does that well) So enjoy your car. Like you said just be careful of bad roads and road hazards. Nu finish scratch doctor works really well on fine scratches. But the best thing to do is some rubbing compound then polishing compound. But I would read up on that and test it on something other than your car before trying that. Though it's not really difficult, but just to be safe. Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum!
Old 11-26-2014, 12:24 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
P.s. - Yes that was my short answer lol
Old 11-26-2014, 02:20 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
I agree, 30K service and just be diligent on your maintenance. My car has just recently hit 36K (2010) and it runs beautifully...although it should...its still a baby). The stop and go is bad for cars, it is a little harsher that highway driving for sure. I'd say on your days off I'd say take a good road trip somewhere where you get some highway mileage on there. Relax a little...the car will do you fine! Enjoy it! Where in LA are you? I can recommend a great mechanic
Old 11-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see someone else that loves the G so much that they baby it like you do. You'll def fit right in on this site.

I would get it detailed if you are concerned with the scratches (unless you would rather do it yourself, which is quite rewarding btw). Pickup some touchup paint from one of the vendors on here while your at it.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:53 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan909
Hello, I am very happy to find a forum dedicated to Infiniti. I am a fairly new first time owner of a 2011 g37 coupe and I love this car. I just have a few little concerns because I really want to take care of this car and make it last as long as possible.

I just reached 30,000 miles on this car and what is the best things to do regarding maintenance at this millage? I know very little but I make sure to change my oil every 3 months no matter what..even if it doesn't hit 3,000 miles. Please give me a list of what I need to do at this point so that I can take care of this beauty.

My other concern is that I drive to DWN town LA for work and I run into a lot of stop and go traffic. Is this bad for the car? Should I man up and take the metro rather than drive my car to work? Keep in mind I drive this car very carefully.. I avoid a lot of pot holes and mostly never let the rpm go over 2,500-3,000. I baby this car even when I drive by never stressing the engine. Its very rare that I push the car to its limits.

My last question would be about scratches. What is the best way to get rid of those small scratches on the car? The car is mostly flawless but with some minor scratches. What is the best method? Should I get it detailed and would that fix the problem?

thanks.
First, I live in LA to, bought my S 3 years ago when it has 30k on the ODM, now it reached 73k, still haven't run into any major problems, only a few rattles here and there due to it's a early model. secondly, by scratches you mean swirl marks? if so, they are easy to take care off, I usually polish my car at lease twice a year to get rid of those swirl marks, if you need help on that PM me.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Ryan909

Thanks for all the kind words. This is a good forum with a lot of good information.

I purchased my g37 with 22,000 miles. The only minor problem I had were the brakes would squek when I backed up the car..sometimes it would be very loud noise. I took it back to the dealer and they said that the breaks are fine..I might just have to re-surface the rotors are something. The pads looked good they told me.

So I did a little research here and found that I should check on the Diff. fluid, ATF fluid, engine coolant and replace drive belts also replace power steering and brake fluid at 30k miles. Does this seem accurate? And are there detailed videos or discriptions that can tell me where exactly these things are on the car?

I live in cerritos, CA and I commute to LA for work. Its about 20 miles one way.

Trending Topics

Old 11-27-2014, 03:20 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Awesome find. I bought mine in LA area too..I think like 26k on the odo so I can imagine how good of condition your car is. My brakes sqeuaks too when I back up so I would think its normal. All the stuff you said to check on would be taken care of with the 30K service so you should be fine.

I have an excellent mechanic in Glendale if you need one and that is within the mileage you would be willing to travel. I promise its worth it. Good luck man!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:45 AM
Ryan909

What's the cheaper way to get this 30k maintenance? From a mechanic or a dealership? I have no equipment to do any of the service unfortunately.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:33 PM
rmfnla

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words. This is a good forum with a lot of good information.

I purchased my g37 with 22,000 miles. The only minor problem I had were the brakes would squek when I backed up the car..sometimes it would be very loud noise. I took it back to the dealer and they said that the breaks are fine..I might just have to re-surface the rotors are something. The pads looked good they told me.
Disc brake often squeak in reverse; nothing to worry about.

What's the cheaper way to get this 30k maintenance? From a mechanic or a dealership? I have no equipment to do any of the service unfortunately.
Mechanic is always cheaper than the dealership; just keep your service records in case you need something done under warranty (by the dealer)...