G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Next time you think about spending 45-50k on a G37, don't forget...

Old 06-04-2012, 11:55 AM
dimsler
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
and when you blow your 2009 gt-r dual-clutch box its $26k discounted from Nissan.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
68,000 miles, no way in hell would I take that over a new car. Around 70k is when I get rid of mine.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:55 PM
rabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
Nah. You will find many many good performance shops around the states. Like here in Dallas there is a shop called Auto Scope and like i said before the work on nothing buy supercars. Astons, Lambos, Porches, Bently and they are way cheaper than the stealership.
Yeah that's ok.... didn't think of that. I basically just meant that you should be getting your maintenance done by somewhere reputable, either the dealer or a shop like that. Unless you're a mechanic at one of those places - that's ok, too. Otherwise, when it comes time to sell and the buyer asks about maintenance records, he's not going to want to hear that you did all the maintenance yourself on the weekend in your buddy's garage.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 PM
rabbit

Reminds me of the valet in ferris bueller.... "Relax. I'm a professional."
Old 06-04-2012, 02:42 PM
ZiadR

It's no question that anyone of us would pick the GT-R over the G; but for 68k miles, it's just not me..
Old 06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rabbit
I was at the Nissan dealer the other day and the guy I was talking to about the GT-R said a brake job is 6k.... I would consider that truly expensive.
WHOA!

I'm pretty sure the parts are $300 and the labor is $5700. LOL

Last I checked, they haven't invented a new way to stop a car. The dealer is just milking customers.

But I do have to concede that not everyone is handy enough or knows a good mechanic. So if you HAVE to do to the dealer to service a car, then you are better off buying a civic, camry, accord, etc.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by Tazicon
68,000 miles, no way in hell would I take that over a new car. Around 70k is when I get rid of mine.
We're not talking about leasing, bro! LOL.

Or do you buy your cars and sell them around 70k? Talk about throwing money away LOL.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by ZiadR
It's no question that anyone of us would pick the GT-R over the G; but for 68k miles, it's just not me..
Nah, people are getting hung up on the miles. That was just an example that I picked. You will find a GTR with less miles for a similar price but they don't stick around very long.

Overall this is a fun convo.

I was getting a little tired of all the "HELP ME" threads so I just wanted to start a different dialogue.

Im glad it's still going. Thanks to everyone for input. I hope I never have to make a REAL decision like this.

I would have to say that if I was home, I would go with the GT-R. But while I am where I am without a good mechanic, I'd probably have to go with something new as well. OR, like I said b4...get the GT-R but have a beater as my daily.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
Nah, people are getting hung up on the miles. That was just an example that I picked. You will find a GTR with less miles for a similar price but they don't stick around very long.

Overall this is a fun convo.

I was getting a little tired of all the "HELP ME" threads so I just wanted to start a different dialogue.

Im glad it's still going. Thanks to everyone for input. I hope I never have to make a REAL decision like this.

I would have to say that if I was home, I would go with the GT-R. But while I am where I am without a good mechanic, I'd probably have to go with something new as well. OR, like I said b4...get the GT-R but have a beater as my daily.
Yeah like I said go buy a GT-R and at the same time got buy a geo metro.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
We're not talking about leasing, bro! LOL.

Or do you buy your cars and sell them around 70k? Talk about throwing money away LOL.

I sell off at around 70k. I don't put miles like most do on mine. I have only put 2,000 miles on my G in the last 6 months. I plan on having this IPL for a very long time to come. I sold off my Jeep with 75k, had it over 6 years and got 16K for it. I don't throw money away.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Z gave way to G

I had talked to one of my customers, who owns a GTR, and he had just come back from the dealer with a bill for $8k. I don't know what all he had done, but all that he mentioned was a "brake job."

...but gentlemen, the vehicles we choose can be looked upon as the women that we choose. Women maintenance costs can sky rocket as well, but we pay for it because we like the ride.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Doc750

This isn't even a fair comparison. The guys that buy brand new $50k +cars would not even look at a used gt-anything.

If you compare a used g37 price with comparable miles the difference is still significant.

I usually buy my vehicles with 10-15k miles on them, and let the guy buying new, eat the depreciation costs.

I'm actually surprised the gtr isn't cheaper, usually high end cars that are older, have higher mileage, or are out of warranty drop in value like a rock.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Z gave way to G
I had talked to one of my customers, who owns a GTR, and he had just come back from the dealer with a bill for $8k. I don't know what all he had done, but all that he mentioned was a "brake job."

...but gentlemen, the vehicles we choose can be looked upon as the women that we choose. Women maintenance costs can sky rocket as well, but we pay for it because we like the ride.
^^THIS^^

LMFAO
Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
.......or next time you think about spending $375k on a Lexus LFA

funny I ran into this thread today LINK
Old 06-11-2012, 06:20 PM
pauly

i saw a GT-R a while back with 3x,xxx miles, 2010 or 2011, cant remember. they were asking like 61,xxx. if it werent for insurance and maintenance, no brainer for me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Next time you think about spending 45-50k on a G37, don't forget...