G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Next time you think about spending 45-50k on a G37, don't forget...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by datboiroy
Maybe thats why the previous owner got rid of it, he was bout to hit the major maintenance and couldn't afford it so he got rid of it.
Or maybe he died...

Or maybe he realized that he wanted a better LOOKING car for the money

Or maybe he got a sex change and realized that a GT-R is more of a "guy's car" so he/she bought a pink beetle

I mean, while we're speculating... LOL. it could be ANYTHING

Last edited by Wyldfyer; 06-04-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Lucster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
Or maybe he died...

Or maybe he realized that he wanted a better LOOKING car for the money

Or maybe he got a sex change and realized that a GT-R is more of a "guy's car" so he/she bout a pink beetle

I mean, while we're speculating... LOL. it could be ANYTHING
He/she definately bought a pink "beetle "
Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 AM
DashKid
Banned

lol @ pink beetle.

Well if you're lucky enough you can find used GT-R's clean title, no wrecks with 28k miles for like 50-55k. Seen it happen couple times and the car sold with in matter of minutes it was on sale for that price. It doesn't happen a lot but it does happen once in a blue moon. You just gotta have some cash ready on hand.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:24 PM
MurderedG37s

68k on an 09 supercar? No thanks. That car should have less than 20k on it. It should be sold for less than that.

Thats is way to high milage.

But would I trade up for my 45k dollar G37xS for it?

12k, not a daily driver, going to plummit in price if you drive 30k miles and hit 100k....

No.

If I'm paying 57k for a toy (not daily) I will pay up for something pristine
Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike24
"G" and maybe is just me but I wouldn't do 57K for an "automatic"....no thanks
Every time I see someone refer to the transmission in the GTR or a new Porsche as simply an "automatic" without even saying something along the lines of "even if it has that new dual clutch with really fast shifts" or even "it's still just an automatic", I have to assume they have no frikken idea how different and superior it is compared to regular automatics like in the G.
Even though technically it is still an "automatic" it just seems wrong to call it by that designation only.

Originally Posted by wikipedia
A dual-clutch transmission, (DCT) (sometimes referred to as a twin-clutch gearbox or double-clutch transmission), is a type of semi-automatic or automated manual automotive transmission. It uses two separate clutches<sup id="cite_ref-AMS_0-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> for odd and even gear sets. It can fundamentally be described as two separate manual transmissions (with their respective clutches) contained within one housing, and working as one unit.<sup id="cite_ref-AEI_1-0" class="reference">[2]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-PorschePDK_Glossary_2-0" class="reference">[3]</sup> They are usually operated in a fully automatic mode, and many also have the ability to allow the driver to manually shift gears,<sup id="cite_ref-AMS_0-1" class="reference">[1]</sup> albeit still carried out by the transmission's electro-hydraulics.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
....technically it is still an "automatic"....
I agree

Old 06-02-2012, 02:01 AM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by datboiroy
Maybe thats why the previous owner got rid of it, he was bout to hit the major maintenance and couldn't afford it so he got rid of it.
Or maybe he couldn't afford the gas anymore.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:20 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
I would consider it, IF the dealer advertised how many times launch control was initiated!!
Would the dealer be honest enough to let you see??
Old 06-03-2012, 02:41 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

maybe my mentality is a bit childish, but hey its a f*cking GTR! Its definitely one of my top pics since IMO its one of the most practical supercars out there. I'd definitely think hard if the two were close in price. If we are talking about supercar power at around the 50k price point... has anyone thought about the 2013 mustang shelby gt500? 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Official Photos and Info &ndash; News &ndash; Car and Driver
Old 06-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by tvpostsound
i would consider it, if the dealer advertised how many times launch control was initiated!!
Would the dealer be honest enough to let you see??
good point!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by mystakin
maybe my mentality is a bit childish, but hey its a f*cking GTR! Its definitely one of my top pics since IMO its one of the most practical supercars out there. I'd definitely think hard if the two were close in price. If we are talking about supercar power at around the 50k price point... has anyone thought about the 2013 mustang shelby gt500? 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Official Photos and Info &ndash; News &ndash; Car and Driver
I almost bought one before I got my G but I figured I wouldn't stay happy for the life of the loan. They don't do enough to the Mustang's body to get involved in all of the different models, Shelby vs Cobra vs GT vs Roush vs V6 LOL. They look way too similar with body panels available for SUPER cheap. I don't like seeing my car every single day.

But I DO like the sound of this: "While punching out the 5.4-liter aluminum-block V-8 out to 5.8 liters, the GT500’s powertrain crew also updated the heads for better cooling, changed the camshaft profiles, added piston squirters and higher-flow fuel injectors, swapped the old supercharger for a larger and more efficient TVS unit that ups boost from 9 to 15 psi, and fitted a larger intercooler. The result is an extra 100 hp and 90 lb-ft compared to the 2012 model."

Now THATS "tuning" LOL.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:21 AM
rabbit

Originally Posted by DashKid
But look where they went? They went to the stealership to get that done. Everyone know they will steal your money.
Yeah but.... IMO the dealership is the only place to go for maintenance on a car like that.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 AM
rabbit

Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
Sorry, the M3 isn't an option in this JUST FOR FUN scenario. It's just used GT-R vs New G37. The 68k don't even have to be considered here. I've seen lower miles for a similar price.

As far as maintenance being high...this is a recurring comment. I'm starting to think that a lot of you guys don't have good mechanics or something. LOL

The only TRULY expensive maintenance on a car is a transmission, electrical, or engine issue in my opinion.
I was at the Nissan dealer the other day and the guy I was talking to about the GT-R said a brake job is 6k.... I would consider that truly expensive.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by rabbit
Yeah but.... IMO the dealership is the only place to go for maintenance on a car like that.
GTR Trans Fuild Change - GTR Forums - Nissan Skyline GT-R Community

Just speaking about the $2k tranny flush here. Routine Maintainence on a car like the GT-R is still easy enough to DIY. Why would you spend $2k for something that you could DIY for $200?

Then again, if someone can afford a new GT-R, they could probably afford to take it to the stealership.

I was at the Nissan dealer the other day and the guy I was talking to about the GT-R said a brake job is 6k.... I would consider that truly expensive.
That's rediculous.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:06 AM
DashKid
Banned

Nah. You will find many many good performance shops around the states. Like here in Dallas there is a shop called Auto Scope and like i said before the work on nothing buy supercars. Astons, Lambos, Porches, Bently and they are way cheaper than the stealership.

Of course the brakes on the GT-R are instantly good and expensive. Still the stealership though.

Originally Posted by mystakin
Well I gotta give Ford all the credit in the world. 600 HP car for like 50k????? That is madness but once again this is comparing apples to oranges. the GT500 interior is very stripped down because they were wanting to save weight for the GT500 so it looks very plain on the inside. GT-R however has that luxury feel on the inside. Comes with more options than our G. GT500 beats the GT-R on a straight line but not on turns, only line that can keep up with the GT-R on turns is the laguna seca track edition mustang but the GT-R beats it on the straight. But once again gotta admit 662 HP for 50K is a hell of a deal if you want to go super fast.

Quick Reply: Next time you think about spending 45-50k on a G37, don't forget...