Go Back   MyG37 > G-Spot > G37 Coupe
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed CarsVendor DirectoryvBLive TSBs
Search

Welcome to myG37 forums!
Welcome to myG37 Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join myG37 Forums today!

Closed Thread

submit to reddit

Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
ayarj12

Trader Score: (2)
How to increase MPG (w/ aftermarket parts)?

hey guys. does anyone know how to increase mpg? and i don't mean a different driving style, i mean like aftermarket parts. I have a 08 G37 coupe. My mileage isn't toooooo great, but its not that bad. i saw something like a computer chip or something like that which might be able to increase mpg but i'm not sure what the deal with that is. Anybody using something like that? Recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
anomalocaris

Trader Score: (0)
Cool

Aftermarket items like you describe are very very effective.............at separating you from your money. None have proven to make meaningful reductions in fuel usage. This was true 30 years ago with carburated cars, and remains so today. To work they would have to reduce the amount of fuel used....and we already run at a very efficient A:F ratio.

Wait, a computer chip could be effective....if it limited the throttle to a maximum of 1/4. But you can do that yourself, for free. That's my recommendation. That or get an Elantra.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
Modme

Trader Score: (17)
Send a message via ICQ to Modme Send a message via AIM to Modme Send a message via Yahoo to Modme Send a message via Skype™ to Modme
DVM-EP93 Performance & Economy Chip for Infiniti | eBay

Guaranteed 25% increase in MPG and 25-50 Horsepower! Get 10 of these for 250% increase in MPG and 250-500hp!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
TwoThree

Trader Score: (4)
mmtwothree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modme View Post
DVM-EP93 Performance & Economy Chip for Infiniti | eBay

Guaranteed 25% increase in MPG and 25-50 Horsepower! Get 10 of these for 250% increase in MPG and 250-500hp!!!
LMFAO

Old 02-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
ayarj12

Trader Score: (2)
Hahahahahaha aright thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
mothersilm

Trader Score: (0)
Cool how to increase mpg in a G37

The only way for sure the MPG can be increased in a G37 is to play with the gearing system. By changing gear # 3, 4, 5 in the transmission will result in a higher MPH at a lower RPM. Gear #3 would be ideal for local stop and go driving while gear #4 & 5 would be for highway. This is the same gearing method used in corvettes which allow them to achieve 25 to 32 MPG without having to pussyfoot the gas pedal. At 80 MPH, the vette engine turns at 2100 RPM, thus drastically reducing fuel consumption. Another method would be to change the Rear differential gear by replacing it with a smaller gear. If anyone knows where these parts can be purchased in the USA, it will be worth their while.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
Rikter

Trader Score: (7)
^ only a year and a half late with this reply.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 PM
MyG37
Infiniti G37

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit
Closed Thread