Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

How can I play music through bluetooth

Old 11-03-2011, 02:39 AM
danielhu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can I play music through bluetooth

Hey guys , I have a 2008 G37 coupe, I can not play my music through bluetooth!!!

U know, the bluetooth device is inside, can call, but can not play music, that's so ridiculous !!!

Can ur guys give me some idea, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by danielhu; 11-03-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:56 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by danielhu
I guys , I have a 2008 G37 coupe, I can not play my music through bluetooth!!!

U know, the bluetooth device is inside, can call, but can not play music, that's so ridiculous !!!

Can ur guys give me some idea, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's an idea: trade it for a 2010+ model and your blue tooth streaming issues will magically disappear.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i bought a bluetooth receiver at amazon for $30

http://www.amazon.com/Britelink-Blue...0346037&sr=8-1

just plug this badboy into your aux input and pair with your device. i'm still able to make calls through the cars bluetooth and play music through this.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:02 PM
gbreeze

You will NOT be able to do this in a 08 coupe. The bluetooth profile that is supported is a old profile that only allows the transfer of phone calls. I believe the newer version of bluetooth profiles support this..
Old 11-03-2011, 09:39 PM
dagon68
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I havent been able to figure out how to stream music via bluetooth either. I have a 2011 though. My phone is a Dell venue Pro. One thing cool it does do is when I get a text, it will read it to me and let me respond all with voice. Never have to touch the phone.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:11 AM
MurderedG37s

Originally Posted by dagon68
I havent been able to figure out how to stream music via bluetooth either. I have a 2011 though. My phone is a Dell venue Pro. One thing cool it does do is when I get a text, it will read it to me and let me respond all with voice. Never have to touch the phone.
Whatt? Really? I have an Iphone, will mine do that? I have no idea how to stream music through blue tooth either? Is my 2012 capable? If so how?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
dagon68
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well my phone is windows OS. I do know that it did not read me text messages over the radio until I updated it to the new OS (Mango I think). but yea if I get a text it will interrupt the music and tell me I have a new text and ask If I want to read it or ignore. If I say read it will read it to me. It then asks if I want to respond or do nothing. If I say "respond" I can say what I want to reply with and it will read it back to me before texting it. I really like it and it is very accurate.

Have you updated your iphone yet? I would try that. That's one of the things the new Apple OS boasts is voice recognition (on the device).
Old 11-04-2011, 06:01 PM
AMCDeac

I have struggled with the same issue for my '08 non-nav. I bought a cable to plug from my phone's headphone jack into the RCA. Not impressed with that solution. I think I need a signal amplifier of some sort.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Aismail

08's bluetooth profile doesn't let u stream music, just phone calls, 09+ models all stream music. I'm not sure whether you can upgrade the software, might wanna try asking a dealer or a technology wiz...I just ended up buying the iPhone cable from amazon for 30$ and it fully integrates my iPhone into the system and everything shows up on the screen with all my music and play lists.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 PM
AMCDeac

Originally Posted by Aismail
08's bluetooth profile doesn't let u stream music, just phone calls, 09+ models all stream music. I'm not sure whether you can upgrade the software, might wanna try asking a dealer or a technology wiz...I just ended up buying the iPhone cable from amazon for 30$ and it fully integrates my iPhone into the system and everything shows up on the screen with all my music and play lists.
Are you saying that works on an 08 non-nav? Just ordered my iPhone 4s today. Hoping to stream Spotify from my phone.

I looked for the cable you mentioned but wasn't sure which cord you were talking about. Does it connect to the supplied cable or does it replace that cable and plug into the car? Any chance you have a link handy?

Thanks!

Last edited by AMCDeac; 11-12-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:55 PM
JackM829

On my '11 G37X , just pair your phone via bluetooth. (if you can make phone calls, you've paired the phone)

Select, "bluetooth" as the source, then play a song on your phone/bluetooth device. On an iPhone, you'll see a button all the way to the right of the screen, near the "next track" button which you can hit to tell the device to paly through your car or through the phone.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 PM
s2ktoEvo

Music streaming only works on 2010 and up, don't even bother trying on an 08. Steaming is a seperate bluetooth protocol called A2DP, your radio doesn't have it.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:57 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh
i bought a bluetooth receiver at amazon for $30

http://www.amazon.com/Britelink-Blue...0346037&sr=8-1

just plug this badboy into your aux input and pair with your device. i'm still able to make calls through the cars bluetooth and play music through this.
where is the aux port and does this interfere with the car's bluetooth phone operation?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 AM
Aismail

Originally Posted by AMCDeac
Are you saying that works on an 08 non-nav? Just ordered my iPhone 4s today. Hoping to stream Spotify from my phone.

I looked for the cable you mentioned but wasn't sure which cord you were talking about. Does it connect to the supplied cable or does it replace that cable and plug into the car? Any chance you have a link handy?

Thanks!
I just saw ur pm and replied to u. But I didn't realise that u might not have the port that I have in my car. I have the iPhone's aux port and the RCA right next to each other in the middle compartment. I don't know whether u have it or not, but if you have the premium package then you should. If you do, then the cable I told u about is ur solution
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 AM
AMCDeac

I believe that I do have that same port. I already own a cable that looks like that. I use it to connect my IPod (which froze up on me yesterday, for some reason, after many years of good use).

Hopefully, I am just making this too hard and everything will work fine when I plug in my new phone. I didn't have the sense to get an IPhone several months ago when I was buying a new phone. After several failures of my Droid Charge, however, I will get the 4S as soon as more come into the store.

Thanks again. I appreciate the advice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How can I play music through bluetooth