Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

How can I play music through bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:59 AM
trcb777

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a 2011 non-nav. Can I stream music through my iphone 4s?
Old 11-13-2011, 11:36 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
For those with NAV, use something like this Free Shipping-Sprint Anycom FIPO Bluetooth v2.0 Stereo Receiver w/D

I bought a couple about two years back as they were all but impossible to find. Id suggest that you do the same if you find any.

For non NAV equipped cars you will need to use the AUX inputs.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:44 AM
trcb777

Sweet!!!! I got it to work. Really easy with Non nav and iphone 4s. Just dock iphone to usb and play a song, then open pandora or youtube or whatever, even the iphone gps works, the song will stop and the music from pandora will play..
Old 11-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Aismail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackfunk
For those with NAV, use something like this Free Shipping-Sprint Anycom FIPO Bluetooth v2.0 Stereo Receiver w/D

I bought a couple about two years back as they were all but impossible to find. Id suggest that you do the same if you find any.

So if I have the 08 with nav package and the bluetooth and touch screen, rather than using the ridiculously short cable I got for the iphone's aux input, I can use this to connect to the screen and stream the music through the bluetooth?! That would be awesome, cuz then I can use the phone to scroll down to any song i want, rather than have to scroll down on the nav screen cuz when u have like 2000 songs on ur device it's a hassle to search for a song, its so slow!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Devildog37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to update the software/hardware/both so that the 08's like me can stream? I've never heard of anyone doing it and was wondering if it is a program issue or I would have to swap out the whole radio system.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:22 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by blackfunk

how does this hook up to the factory system?
Old 11-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Aismail

Originally Posted by Devildog37
Does anyone know if there is a way to update the software/hardware/both so that the 08's like me can stream? I've never heard of anyone doing it and was wondering if it is a program issue or I would have to swap out the whole radio system.
I've been asking this question for 5 months...no answer yet
Old 11-14-2011, 07:50 AM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dagon68
Well my phone is windows OS. I do know that it did not read me text messages over the radio until I updated it to the new OS (Mango I think). but yea if I get a text it will interrupt the music and tell me I have a new text and ask If I want to read it or ignore. If I say read it will read it to me. It then asks if I want to respond or do nothing. If I say "respond" I can say what I want to reply with and it will read it back to me before texting it. I really like it and it is very accurate.

Have you updated your iphone yet? I would try that. That's one of the things the new Apple OS boasts is voice recognition (on the device).
'11 can read text messages now? Wow .. Now I want to upgrade to '11 just for this feature ..
Old 11-14-2011, 12:12 PM
ScuderiaFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trcb777
Sweet!!!! I got it to work. Really easy with Non nav and iphone 4s. Just dock iphone to usb and play a song, then open pandora or youtube or whatever, even the iphone gps works, the song will stop and the music from pandora will play..

What year is your car?
Old 11-14-2011, 12:53 PM
trcb777

2011 sedan non nav
Old 11-14-2011, 01:50 PM
ScuderiaFan

Originally Posted by trcb777
2011 sedan non nav
Thanks. I have 2010 sedan non nav, will try what u said to plug in and play a song first and then switch to streaming because if i try streaming right away, it doesnt work.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:21 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The only way to stream is the way I listed above. AD2P requires a hardware upgrade which to my knowledge does not exist for separate purchase.

The module works through the ipod interface - you plug it in and it automatically goes into search mode. Scan from your device to connect to it enter 0000 and its connected. You select the ipod source from the HU and fire up Pandora, Slacker etc and start streaming. When you get a call the car will still pick it up and pause the music. Unfortunately you can't skip or control the player from the car controls but I've found its easier using the phone anyway.

I have a paid slacker account and it refreshes every night so I have music cached directly on the phone. I also don't have to worry about a strong wireless signal because the music is stored locally.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Josh

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
where is the aux port and does this interfere with the car's bluetooth phone operation?
the aux port is in the center console, its the composite connectors (red, white, yellow plugs)

and no it does not interfere with phone operation. I can stream music though this adaptor and still make calls over the bluetooth built into the car. but this could however depend on the phone your using. im using iphone 4S.

you also need a rca to mini female jack.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

one bad thing about using this is, you have to manually turn on/off the bluetooth adapter. it does auto pair but you still have to power it on/off.

Last edited by Josh; 11-14-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
gonzo007
Registered Member

Don't the RCA jacks require the Ebrake to be applied?

In doing some research...I stumbled on this. Anyone with the Ipod cable try anything like this? Not bluetooth, but I think it would allow for streaming/playing music via anything with a 3.5mm output.

Amazon.com: Grom Audio iPod iPhone input converter to regular MP3 plug - iPod Iphone Female End to 3.5mm Male plug cable: MP3 Players & Accessories
Old 11-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Josh

Originally Posted by gonzo007
Don't the RCA jacks require the Ebrake to be applied?
no, not for just audio.

the ebrake safety feature is only for video modes, audio will still play through your speakers.

Quick Reply: How can I play music through bluetooth