Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Service: Nissan or Infiniti

Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Service: Nissan or Infiniti

All,

I need some service work done, tranny fluid replacement and differential fluid as well. I have a Nissan dealership VERY close to me (where we bought the G) and an Infiniti dealership about 45 minutes away.

Is it OK (in your humble opinions of course) to just use the Nissan for stuff like this?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
All,

I need some service work done, tranny fluid replacement and differential fluid as well. I have a Nissan dealership VERY close to me (where we bought the G) and an Infiniti dealership about 45 minutes away.

Is it OK (in your humble opinions of course) to just use the Nissan for stuff like this?
I get all my service at the Nissan dealer 5 mins from my house and it's still covered under warranty.

Synthetic oil change at my Nissan dealer = $30
Synthetic oil change at my Infiniti dealer = $60

You be the judge, and that's just one of quite a few examples. Screw the Infiniti dealer.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 PM
BHB 91

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just moved back to my home town and there is a new Nissan dealer 5 minutes away and the Infiniti dealer is 30 minutes away. I was wondering the same thing you are since the dealer is so close. I used to get all my fluids changed at the local Infiniti dealer in Dallas because it was close and I got a loaner for the day.

Well my mom's FX 35 got totaled last month and I negotiated a new Murano for her and got to know a few people at the Nissan dealer including the GM. This dealer can do any maintenance the Infiniti dealer can for much cheaper and they carry the same filters. So I am going to use the Nissan dealer for this stuff until I need warranty work. Let's hope that doesn't happen very often!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
Can a nissan dealership take care of warranty issue's on my Infiniti as well like dash fixes, and interior pieces, etc, etc.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 PM
simpson_G37X

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by D_S_CUSTOMZ
Can a nissan dealership take care of warranty issue's on my Infiniti as well like dash fixes, and interior pieces, etc, etc.
no, you need to go to infiniti

i go to Nissan for oil changes etc, close to my school and fast. i took my car to infiniti a couple of days ago and they had it for 4hrs! will be going to nissan from now on lol
Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 PM
BHB 91

My local Nissan dealer told me that I would have to take the car back to an Infiniti dealer for warranty work but that they could perform all of the maintenance. I was even able to buy touch up paint from them. I am going to love having them just 2 miles away. They even offered to let me take a test drive in a new NISMO Z they just got in.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:11 AM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Save money... do it yourself.

Otherwise... Nissan MADE the engine, why would they not be able to maintain it?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:25 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Well I'm not crawling under the car to change my own transmission fluid or differential. I've reached that point in life I pick my battles.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 AM
BHB 91

Yeah, the days of changing my own fluids are over, too. When I was in school years ago, it was a different story.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 AM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BHB 91
Yeah, the days of changing my own fluids are over, too. When I was in school years ago, it was a different story.
I'm on the fence about this, only because I can do pretty quickly compared to waiting around for someone else. I got a free 2 year/24k maintenance plan that is only good at the dealership I bought my car from. That place is 45min each way from me. I just had them change the oil for the first time, and door to door I think it was 4 hours. I get my warranty work done at the Infiniti dealer closer to my house.

If I do have someone else do maintenance for me after the free plan, it will probably be Nissan since they're right by my house.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
When I switched from my Maxima to a G35 a few years back, my old Nissan dealer was willing to service the G but specifically told me they were not allowed to do Infiniti warranty work.

I also believe that an Infiniti dealer is more likely to have those parts on hand that are unique to Infinitis, and their mechanics, working on Infinitis every day, are more familiar with those problems that may turn up in Infinitis and not Nissans.

Besides, my old Nissan dealer didn’t have free donuts and coffee.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
My local Infiniti dealer has free generic bottled water and a cheaper cappuccino/coffee machine all in a tiny (6 chairs) waiting area. The Lexus dealer just down the road has a "Fitness room, Movie Theater and 4 different Customer Lounges to choose from (TV Lounge, Quiet Lounge with fire place, Fitness Lounge and Outdoor Lounge.)"
Old 03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
carz

Originally Posted by rks
My local Infiniti dealer has free generic bottled water and a cheaper cappuccino/coffee machine all in a tiny (6 chairs) waiting area. The Lexus dealer just down the road has a "Fitness room, Movie Theater and 4 different Customer Lounges to choose from (TV Lounge, Quiet Lounge with fire place, Fitness Lounge and Outdoor Lounge.)"
funny you say there.......theres a chain of dealerships owned by the same guy....Ray Catena....he owns Jag, porsche, benz, infiniti and aston.....the service center for infiniti is nothing more than a couch and a table....the service center for the REST of those cars.....state of the art facility, free food/drinks/wifi/computers
Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM
roots4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
I get all my service at the Nissan dealer 5 mins from my house and it's still covered under warranty.

Synthetic oil change at my Nissan dealer = $30
Synthetic oil change at my Infiniti dealer = $60

You be the judge, and that's just one of quite a few examples. Screw the Infiniti dealer.
You could get your car serviced anywhere and still have warranty coverage.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:32 PM
mike904

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Well I'm not crawling under the car to change my own transmission fluid or differential. I've reached that point in life I pick my battles.
Ditto - I'll change the engine oil, but that's it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service: Nissan or Infiniti