Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G's on top of bricks....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Boxer04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G's on top of bricks....

Every now and then I see a post or thread that talks about their G's wheels being stolen. It sickens me to know that just because we are able to drive said cars and are able to customize them to our hearts content that we also live with the risk of having that taken from us. It sucks BUT it happens.

The point i'm trying to make is that if we do care for our G's so much then why do we park it or drive it in places that are susceptible to car theft or vandalism?
Wouldn't we take more care of WHERE we park our G's or take preventative measures for them? Location is a big factor when considering theft. Where you live or where you drive to and from.

So I'm asking those that have had their wheels stolen and i'm also asking those that live in a "bad" neighborhood:

1. Did/do you feel secure enough to having your G out in the open?
2. Knowing that it is possible that thieves can steal from you that you would choose to have a different car or save your money on something less "flashy"?
3. If given the opportunity would you choose to move? Or is locations not a factor for you?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:28 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Your stuff can get stolen anywhere, and from the pictures here most of the G's on bricks, stones, car seats have been stock cars losing their stock wheels so I don't think customization has anything to do with it. Infiniti made a hot stock wheel that fetches for a good price, thieves are aware. I think if people are so worried they should invest in multiple wheel locks, aftermarket wheels ( only because I don't see too many threads with those missing), or trade someone for the 2011 sport wheels. No one will steal those....
Old 03-25-2011, 01:40 PM
CleanAsFuhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a friend that had his rims stolen from inside his driveway even though his house has a gate. If they want it they W I L L get it. I park my car in the garage so i feel safe but i have been leaving it outside at night lately i need to stop.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:43 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
dosent matter if you have a wheel lock for every stud if they want it they will take it..car can be parked in a great neighborhood and it can still be its wheels stolen.you think they target bad neighborhoods looking for G`s i highly doubt it..
Old 03-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
My Tips:

a) Install a motion-detector light in your driveway <- deterrent
b) Park in the Grass bricks usually sink into the ground.
c) Get a Modern Advanced Car Alarm with tilt/proximity sensors that beeps the key fob alarm. <- Gun goes good with this feature

I did (a) and also have 2 sets locks and all rear 10 bolts are locks.

Like said its the stock wheels they want. Also the older sports are Enki made and are light wheels so big a$$ demand on them.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:09 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Or you can just turn your front wheels all the way to the left or right.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Breitling65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boxer04
Every now and then I see a post or thread that talks about their G's wheels being stolen. It sickens me to know that just because we are able to drive said cars and are able to customize them to our hearts content that we also live with the risk of having that taken from us. It sucks BUT it happens.

The point i'm trying to make is that if we do care for our G's so much then why do we park it or drive it in places that are susceptible to car theft or vandalism?
Wouldn't we take more care of WHERE we park our G's or take preventative measures for them? Location is a big factor when considering theft. Where you live or where you drive to and from.

So I'm asking those that have had their wheels stolen and i'm also asking those that live in a "bad" neighborhood:

1. Did/do you feel secure enough to having your G out in the open?
2. Knowing that it is possible that thieves can steal from you that you would choose to have a different car or save your money on something less "flashy"?
3. If given the opportunity would you choose to move? Or is locations not a factor for you?

My place I could leave G with keys inside and open windows for overnight outside. And I would never stop outside in places where it could be stolen, scratched etc. I believe it depends on owner personality and responsibility and environment culture. Last one I believe degrading lot.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Boxer04

Originally Posted by Breitling65
My place I could leave G with keys inside and open windows for overnight outside. And I would never stop outside in places where it could be stolen, scratched etc. I believe it depends on owner personality and responsibility and environment culture. Last one I believe degrading lot.

Where do you live and are there any homes for sale??

And I do agree with you that it all depends on the person BUT for those that had their wheels stolen, stock/aftermarket, should they have invested in some sort of theft deterrent??

As unfortunate as it sounds, they could have prevented it....in my opinion. I mean I've read the posts of those with stolen wheels and I've always thought about saying "you should've known better..." but I'm not like that.

I love my G coupe. It's not sport or have any aftermarket mods, except tint, but I'll be investing in theft deterrent devices anyways. I paid good money for it so I will protect it as best I can...I just wish more owners have the good sense in doing the same.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:08 PM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
You sir are a genius! Never thought of that (not that it's an issue for me).

Curious though, when people do this do they bring a jack and then use bricks as stands or are there usually like 3-4 guys that lift the car and then bricks get wedged?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:13 PM
SRG

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
someone is an experienced jacker. LOL thats a really cool idea but wow, i hope i dont have to come down to the point where i'm like thinking about stuff like this all the time.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:14 PM
ucla bruin

Haha, if you're worried and have no choice but to leave your car in a questionable neighborhood overnight, then there you go!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Alex57r

Here in NY these ****ers do it in any neighborhood. i have 3 sets of wheel locks which i think is retareded, but I have seen cars with more and it still does not help. Waiting for gorilla locks to make new designs becasue the thieves here have the original infiniti keys. I never thought about the turning the wheels all the way thing, it sounds good, but the *******s proly have a way aroudn that too.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:49 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
scary^^^^^
Old 03-25-2011, 04:00 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Alex57r
Here in NY these ****ers do it in any neighborhood. i have 3 sets of wheel locks which i think is retareded, but I have seen cars with more and it still does not help. Waiting for gorilla locks to make new designs becasue the thieves here have the original infiniti keys. I never thought about the turning the wheels all the way thing, it sounds good, but the *******s proly have a way aroudn that too.
Few months ago, one of my wheel was missing a wheel lock. Either it was loose and felt off on the road or someone stole it. Fortunately, there were no scratches on the wheel. Anything could happen in NY. Just have to live with it, not to think too much of it, and hope for the best.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:08 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
My accord wheels jacked while I was AT work. (no wheel locks)
what made it worse is then the police impounded it. How they drug it up on the tow truck, I don't know, but it couldn't have been pretty. ****'s used the spare tire to sit it up.
The police lot wouldnt let me install wheels back on it when getting it towed home.
So I had to get it drug BACK onto another truck and to my house..

Using locks now on the G

Quick Reply: G's on top of bricks....