G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cruise control madness

Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 PM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ They did the same thing with me. They replaced the cruise control switch on the steering wheel, then the ECM, then they replaced the brake module, then they replaced the clutch module. Those we all separate trips to the dealer. After all of that, it came back, so I took it to a different dealer, who after further inspection, noticed that the previous dealer had installed the clutch switch improperly, fixed it, and I have been problem free for a while now thank God. Glad they got it fixed, and I hope it doesn't happen to you again.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:03 PM
vibrant_red_G37

UPDATE: Well the car has been back to the service department four times to correct this cruise control situation. This time I spoke with the service manager and I stated that if this issue isn't fixed this time this car will be eliglble for Lemon Law. He reassured me that in his time for working for Infiniti there has never been a car unable to fix. He said his shop foreman would handle my car specifically. The car has been at the service department since Saturday. To date the car has had the following replaced:

1. ECM car held for 5 days.
2. Control coil 1.5 days
3. Clutch switch 2 days.
4. Unknown???-going on 7 days.

By my count that is almost TWO WEEKS (and counting) trying to correct this issue. Wow that looks really bad when I write it down!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:05 PM
jgronline

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a 2011 G37s Sedan 6MT which has is doing this stupid SET flashing. The first time it happened, the TCS was turned off and the cruise was on but not set.

The second time, it came on when the TCS was on and the cruise was off. I had been driving for about 10 minutes driving very conservatively around 40 MPH.

The third time, it came on just after I started the car. It was clear but dark out so I had the headlights on. The TCS was on this time too and the cruise was off.

CRUISE will come on in the dash and SET will flash until I turn the car off. After restarting the car, it works normally.

Is there even a fix for this or just a feature of Infiniti/Nissan? I've googled this and seen this problem reported with Xterra, G35, G37, 370Z, etc. Oh yea, my car doesn't have ICC which I don't think is even an option on the 6MT cars.

DOMO
Old 09-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Jam Master Jay

What's the fix?

Has anyone determined the cause of this problem? I just noticed this issue with my 2010 G37S sedan today. I'm hoping it doesn't come back but I'm prepared to take it in if it comes back. I'm still well under warranty.

Edit: And I don't have ICC on my car.

Last edited by Jam Master Jay; 09-18-2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Forgot
Old 09-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Track Bandit

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Has anyone thought of disconnecting, cleaning, reconnecting and tightening the ground cable to the battery to see if this solves the problem. You might even add another ground cable from there to the engine just as another source of ground for the car. Now this might seem strange but when I had an older (new then) 850 Volvo, I had constant problems with all their electronics going bad, or the car just plain not working. Eventually they replaced the battery ground cable (after noticing a TSB on it) and it fixed everything. On my 2008 C30 Volvo I noticed that they didn't have one ground cable to the battery but 8 (1 large one and 7 smaller) which were connected via a "BUS" connection on the negative battery post. Given all the electronics our cars have, these devices are very sensitive to false signals, loss of grounds to modules, and so on. Something as simple as this may be the cause. So every so often clean your battery connections if it's been awhile. Just a thought.

Al