Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Outside temperature off

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 03:51 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
I can't imagine it does, but make sure the ECU doesn't take any readings for the fuel/timing tables from that sensor. I'm sure it gets everything from the MAF but just in case....
Old 03-28-2017, 01:38 PM
BoodG
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went searching for the Ambient Air Temp. Sensor and found the reason for the open circuit, and why my a/c isn't working.... The wiring has been cut, and the sensor is missing all together. I have called every junkyard I can find, and have tried LKQ and all the parts stores. Does anyone know where I can find the pigtail for an 08-13 Infiniti G37 Ambient Air Temp. Sensor??? Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:52 PM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts
Damn sorry about the headache this is giving you. I would try and search your local junkyards and CL for cars that have been wrecked (side, rear damaged only) for those parts.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:22 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Call Grubbs Infiniti ask for derick
Old 07-19-2017, 04:43 PM
BoodG
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had to replace the sensor (and the pigtail, as the previous owner CUT IT, and next to impossible to find a used wiring harness, and subsequently the pigtail). I digress, yes there is an aluminum bar that sits just in front of the radiator. It is a funky looking sensor, as there is a lot of plastic that makes it able to snap into the little prong that juts out from the bar. My inside temp was not reading, and the AC would not work. Just by replacing the sensor, the AC is now cold as hell! 2 months to find pigtail 10 minutes to fix
Old 07-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by BoodG
Just had to replace the sensor (and the pigtail, as the previous owner CUT IT, and next to impossible to find a used wiring harness, and subsequently the pigtail). I digress, yes there is an aluminum bar that sits just in front of the radiator. It is a funky looking sensor, as there is a lot of plastic that makes it able to snap into the little prong that juts out from the bar. My inside temp was not reading, and the AC would not work. Just by replacing the sensor, the AC is now cold as hell! 2 months to find pigtail 10 minutes to fix

how much is just the sensor?
Old 07-23-2017, 11:08 PM
Yellafella
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BoodG

Are you talking about this thing? This sensor effects whether the AC blasts cold or not?? I thought it just read temperature
Old 01-10-2018, 02:38 PM
presidentsdad
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone ever tap into this sensor to use for a Gentex mirror that uses temperature?