Unique way to install AIR to a VERT!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts

Check this out guys. I came across this guys ultra sweet G while trolling on Instagram. His username is @1rawG. Go check out his photos. What I liked the most about his mods is the way he decided to fit the tanks for his air system. Check it out.

Name:  image_zpswbz2ig3k.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  112.1 KB

Name:  image_zpsiphvdba9.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  104.5 KB

Name:  image_zpspd5rbqxp.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  114.1 KB

Name:  image_zpsjops5q5u.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  120.2 KB

Name:  image_zps2vspfelz.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  97.9 KB

Tell me that isn't one bada$$ vert!!

Last edited by Redfire32; 09-19-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:08 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
That's going to be so loud if he ever gets rear ended
Old 09-19-2015, 09:11 PM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
I really like that. I just don't like the idea of giving up the trunk space these cars already don't have.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:11 PM
G37xhibeet

Originally Posted by Epiphany
Well there's that downside...lol
Old 09-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by G37xhibeet
I really like that. I just don't like the idea of giving up the trunk space these cars already don't have.
Isn't that the point of this type of install? Saving our already super low trunk space??
Old 09-20-2015, 02:51 PM
G37xhibeet

Originally Posted by Redfire32
Isn't that the point of this type of install? Saving our already super low trunk space??
Isn't that what I said?
Old 09-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Isn't that the point of this install method? Saving what little trunk space we have
Old 09-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Isn't that what I said?

I dunno what happened there lol. That exactly what you said
The following users liked this post:
G37xhibeet (09-20-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 05:27 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Love it. Saw this on IG as well.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by P Casey

I'm intrigued by the air install method. But what really draws me to this car is the wheels. I'm planning on running my Works as is for a couple years, then having the faces painted black chrome. I feel like with a white car (well hell any color) and the polished lips with a darkish colored face on some 3 piece wheels is just so sweet
Old 09-23-2015, 02:54 AM
1RAWG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this out guys. I came across this guys ultra sweet G while trolling on Instagram. His username is @1rawG. Go check out his photos. What I liked the most about his mods is the way he decided to fit the tanks for his air system. Check it out.

Tell me that isn't one bada$$ vert!!
Hi there! Thanks so much for the love! I'm glad you like it, but I definitely have to give a lot of credit to Jessie with the white G37S convertible out of Arizona. Not sure if she is active on here, as I'm new to the board. She was one of the few people that replied to me over Instagram since I'm not on Facebook. I completely got the idea from her on mounting the tanks above the crash bumper reinforcement so she should get all the credit. There was one other convertible owner out of south Florida, who was a bit helpful as well, but he deleted his Instagram account, so I couldn't reach out for him after that.

Originally Posted by Epiphany
I'm sure the noise from the actual impact from the rear will be much louder than the actual tanks exploding. I wish I had a side shot of the tanks mounted as the blow of an impact of a rear crash will definitely be absorbed by the crash reinforcement bar. I hope to never find out, but I am very satisfied how far they are recessed into the bumper area.

I removed the spare tire and accessories the day I brought her home. I figure between all my friends, AAA Plus, and Infiniti's Roadside Assistance for the next couple of years, I should be o.k. without the spare tire on hand.

Originally Posted by P Casey

Thanks! What is your Instagram name?

I'm intrigued by the air install method. But what really draws me to this car is the wheels. I'm planning on running my Works as is for a couple years, then having the faces painted black chrome. I feel like with a white car (well hell any color) and the polished lips with a darkish colored face on some 3 piece wheels is just so sweet

Every single car I've ever owned (except for my first car) have had Volk Racing wheels since the year 2000. Back then, the premium import wheels were Blitz, Racing Hart, OZ, but the only company that offered a variety of wheels were Volk Racing wheels. The ones I have are in Gloss Black (RAYS wasn't too creative with the color names)and were not common to find in 20" staggered form. Sometime after the new year, I'll most likely take them apart again, and have the face powdercoated in Lapis Blue to color match with the body.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Yes! Fellas I managed to grab us a premium new member! With a totally sick G to boot.

I guess I'm with on board with the paint match blue for the wheels...but I am in love with the black gloss!! So...it's your car. Everything you've done so far is stellar! I won't question your style or taste in mods at this point.

So glad you found us!! Welcome to the site!
Old 09-23-2015, 04:36 PM
1RAWG

Yes! Fellas I managed to grab us a premium new member! With a totally sick G to boot.

I guess I'm with on board with the paint match blue for the wheels...but I am in love with the black gloss!! So...it's your car. Everything you've done so far is stellar! I won't question your style or taste in mods at this point.

So glad you found us!! Welcome to the site!
Thanks for the invitation. I was an Administrator and Moderator on a few Mitsubishi forums throughout my 18 years of DSM glory. I didn't realize forums still exist so it's good to see a board that is still somewhat active.

The Gloss Black is definitely very hard to find in GT-7's so I'll rock it for the rest of 2015 or after Simply Clean.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Rock it for a while bro! I'm guessing you like to switch it up fairly often?
Old 09-24-2015, 03:02 AM
1RAWG

Oh no. Ever since I found the color of the G I wanted, I knew eventually that I was going to color key the wheels to that color. I wasn't sure if I was going to ever find the color I was looking for.

I'll do a thread and introduce myself in the Newbie corner so you can see how methodical I was in getting to where I am now with Hayden.

Quick Reply: Unique way to install AIR to a VERT!!