Building custom vert wind deflector, need photos of OEM

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Skyaddict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Building custom vert wind deflector, need photos of OEM

Greetings all. Four month lurker, first time poster. Bought a 2010 37S vert earlier this year.

I am starting a custom wind deflector project and could use a bit of input. As I've never seen one in person, I'm wondering if any of you fine people could take some high res pictures for me. Both mounted in the car (in up and down position) and out. Specifically, I am interested in the mounting points and hinge mechanism.

My build will consist of carbon fiber tubes and 3D printed hinges/mounts/mechanisms.

The goal is to get an OEM looking result. In addition, if there are any deflector owners out there who would change something on the OEM unit, I'd love to hear from you.

When everything is refined and prototyped, if I am happy with the resuts, I plan on releasing the plans, including 3D files for open use.

This should hold me over while visions of twin turbos ferment in my head.

Thanks Much!
Mark
Old 09-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Ahhgooosta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own one (though this is just a google image and not mine). I'd say it works 50% better than nothing, but it's not as efficient as some other cars I've owned. maybe due to the backseat area (other vehicles were two-seaters). So, if making a custom one, it may be better to get it as close to seat backs as possible. Or it may more likely be due to the mesh material vs. solid.

The Infiniti version does work in place with the top up; found this out by accident then realized it was still in place. If you're not hauling kids or passengers you could in theory leave it in all the time. It's fairly non-obtrusive.
Attached Thumbnails Building custom vert wind deflector, need photos of OEM-screen-shot-2014-09-12-at-9.50.50-am.jpg  
Old 09-20-2014, 04:56 PM
_tjp_

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Skyaddict - I just came across this post. Are you still looking for some high res pictures?
Old 12-22-2014, 10:17 AM
slybry85

Where did you get that deflector Ahhgooosta?
Old 12-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Xyth

I got a factory deflector tossed in when I bought my G37 Vert a few weeks ago. They are still available from dealers on order I guess. I leave mine in all the time, and only fold it up when my wife complains that her hair is blowing around a bit. As far as changes, maybe consider making the flat section less transparent so its harder to see items stored under it.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:54 PM
37vert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some dealerships don't even know it's part of the invoice ($595) for the car. When I bought my vert last year, I had to point it out on the invoice and make them look it up, then come back when their parts department was open to pick it up. Otherwise they would not have given it to me. Even though I don't always use it, I suspect depriving customers of this standard equipment part this is a common occurrence (simply out of sheer ignorance or as a bargaining chip).
Old 04-27-2016, 08:00 AM
danyrizkallah

anyone has a wind deflector for sale?
Old 05-06-2016, 02:18 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
I have a BRAND NEW one for sale. My cousin bought it from infinitipartsusa during the winter but never ended up opening it bc he traded his car for a Q50 before the weather was nice enough to use it. I have it in my possession now and it literally is brand new without even a single scratch on it. I'll be posting it for sale for those interested whenever I have a chance.
The following users liked this post:
Trezzay (05-06-2016)