Catback exhaust for the Vert??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by A_Palaroan
i herd the invidia gemini fits. im pretty sure someone here on the forum did it.
You are right!! I forgot about this.

Two people actually. Google search is awesome LOL. Both threads are not in the vert sub forums.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...ini-drone.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...-for-vert.html
Old 05-24-2015, 07:00 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Adding to this thread what fits based on post feedback..

Magnalow for the coupe works per this post.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...ting-vert.html
Old 06-06-2015, 04:01 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Jubbliepuff
what is the main issue? fitment? and if so, how off is it? any idea?

I exchanged emails with Tony of Fast Intentions regarding this issue before my purchase and install. This was his response...

DO NOT buy this system. It will not fit the convertible without doing
modification to the passenger side rear muffler. In the event that you do buy it, you can
heat the tube up and clearance it to fit the car. Your car has underbracing
that will impede with the exhaust fitment hence the complication. All of
this said, we do not offer a G37 system for the convertible. Not enough
demand!

I hope that this was some help for you.

Tony Meyerson
Vice President
Fast Intentions Inc.
480 E. Easy St. Unit #4
Simi Valley, Ca. 93065
T: (805) 522-3278
F: (805) 522-3220
Fast Intentions

Tony also when on to say that if my mechanic had ANY problems whatsoever with the install they could call FI and Tony would happily talk them thru it. Great service at Fast Intentions.

A specialty Z/G shop in Cali quoted me $350 to modify the FI CBE to fit the vert.
A smaller time shop local to me only charged me a hundred bucks to do it tho. I would guess the clearance of the underbracing on the convertibles is the reason most aftermarket CBE don't fit our cars. Sounds like an easy fix when Tony explains it tho.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:01 AM
mongo138
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what did you end up with?
I really want something just a tad more ummm but what.
Looks like FI is out since our group buy never got off the ground?
I installed the Gen 3 and a tune boy does it sound sweet around 6k
Old 06-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by mongo138
So what did you end up with?
I really want something just a tad more ummm but what.
Looks like FI is out since our group buy never got off the ground?
I installed the Gen 3 and a tune boy does it sound sweet around 6k

Yeah the GB is dead since nobody else got signed up beside us 3. But you can always do what I did and buy a used FI CBE for a RWD and use the $$ you saved by buying used to pay to have it modified to fit your car.
So really FI isn't off the table. It's what I've got and I absolutely love it! Very glad I went the route I did. You can check my build thread https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...ld-thread.html or the "it's been a long time coming" thread https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...me-coming.html
and hear a sound bite of the exhaust on my vert. I think the second link there will give a better overall description of what it took to get it done and what you should expect price wise unless you find a shop like I did. Good luck.

As far as I know most of the higher end CBE's will have to be modified to fit our verts anyway...so IMO why not go with FI����
Old 06-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Mrkbanks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stumbled upon this thread looking for another one and I am not liking what I am reading here.......smh.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by Mrkbanks
Stumbled upon this thread looking for another one and I am not liking what I am reading here.......smh.
Are you smh about the poor options for CBE's on the vert? If so I totally understand.

But once I actually purchased my Fast Intentions CBE and found a shop that was willing to give a reasonable quote and stand behind it. The whole process became very simple and straightforward. I highly recommend going with the FI CBE. Since Fast Intentions make all of their products with laser like precision to fit the specific vehicle they are building the exhausts for, it makes the modifications necessary to make the CBE fit the vert much easier (and cheaper for us).

However, if the fast intentions CBE can be heated and shaped to clear the issues mentioned above ^, then surely any CBE can be modified the same way. My solution to this added expense from the modification was to buy a used FI CBE and use the $ saved to pay for the mod n install.

I had a shop in town install my fast intentions long tube headers, modify the FI CBE to fit, and install the CBE for only $350. After the install was completed the shop owner and I were chatting about the install and the quality of the FI products. He said that the FI CBE was by far the best exhaust that had come thru his shop as far as pure quality and direct fitment. He was a little upset because the headers had turned into a major PITA. Not bc of the quality of them but bc the area to work with the install was very small and cumbersome.

I'm sure Tony and Lance (1CleanG) would let the GB get started back up again. You just have to get 5-7 people. Good luck with that if you choose to try.

View this post on Instagram
Old 07-03-2015, 02:27 AM
Mrkbanks

That is exactly why I am a bit disappointed. I have a guy out here that has done great work on my car and even suffered through the header task without charging me a crazy amount. He offered a price and stuck to it. I have read a few threads about getting the Ark Grip exhaust on the vert. Really have my heart set on that one and finally found someone willing to ship it to me for a decent price.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:42 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

That is exactly why I am a bit disappointed. I have a guy out here that has done great work on my car and even suffered through the header task without charging me a crazy amount. He offered a price and stuck to it. I have read a few threads about getting the Ark Grip exhaust on the vert. Really have my heart set on that one and finally found someone willing to ship it to me for a decent price.

Yes I believe the Ark system is on a " gold rush sale" right now. It's $1169 for a new exhaust (at least it was a couple days ago).
You don't think it can be made to fit after reading some threads I guess? That sucks man I'm sorry. What is it about the Ark CBE that is making you want it if you don't mind me asking?

I know exactly how you feel bc I thought for months that the fast intentions CBE wouldn't work unless I either got a group buy put together or paid the extra $600-$1000 for FI to build me a one off.

If that's what you really have your heart set on then I say go for it. But if your looking for something other than the Ark bc you feel like it def won't fit then go with FI. I love my CBE. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Mrkbanks

Oh no the threads have given me hope about the ARK exhaust. A few people have done it successfully. Some needed spacers others didn't. If all I need are a couple of spacers and it fits I'm all in. I don't have any hard numbers to justify the ARK over the FI just what I have taken a liking to by way of sound clips and a couple of real life experiences.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

That's great that your able to make the system you like the most fit. Did you check out the "gold rush sale" that Ark is having right now yet? It's like $500 off
Old 07-04-2015, 03:49 AM
Mrkbanks

Yeah I did look into it. That sale is part of the reason I am getting it now instead of waiting.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Yeah I did look into it. That sale is part of the reason I am getting it now instead of waiting.
That sale makes it an easy decision
Old 07-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Mrkbanks

Well I was able to get the exhaust shipped overseas (was my first biggest problem) now install date is 22 July. Will take pics of the rear end afterwards as long as there are no problems. Wish me luck!!
Old 07-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Well I was able to get the exhaust shipped overseas (was my first biggest problem) now install date is 22 July. Will take pics of the rear end afterwards as long as there are no problems. Wish me luck!!

What were your shipping overseas issues? Just curious.

Wishing you the best of luck with install and overall perforce & sound!

Quick Reply: Catback exhaust for the Vert??