Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Q50 2.0 turbo coming

Link Here

Gonna run a Merc engine
Old 06-01-2014, 02:47 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Wow, so now I can have the same size engine that runs in 3/4 of the compact sedans on the road?
Old 06-01-2014, 02:53 PM
RPG11

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
They Should really make it front wheel drive so that it turns into an altima. 211hp are you F****** kidding me?
Old 06-01-2014, 03:52 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Honestly, this is the type of info that makes me not want to pursue another Infiniti when it's time for another vehicle. I'm not a fan of the Q50 as it is, then throw a weed wacker motor in it and it takes the cake. Next thing you know there will be a Q in every driveway just like there is a Honda or Hyndai in every driveway. "Not really making your cars sought after Infiniti."
Old 06-01-2014, 04:36 PM
cecrops

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Oh great turn the car into a grocery getter. Man they are bending over backwards to sell cars in the European market. I read another article few months back saying since they are selling cars there soon they are making certain changes, but did not say what specifically.

To think I was actually looking forward to the redesigned Q60 coupe next year. I am praying they don't make this an option to all models. I feel this engine is already watering down the "luxury" and "Not really making your cars sought after Infiniti" is right on.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:18 PM
RPG11

If they do that we wont be able to complain when they call it an altima LOL. They should turbo the 3.7, that way it can be called a Q50 otherwise is still a g37 to me. What do you guys think?
Old 06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by RPG11
If they do that we wont be able to complain when they call it an altima LOL. They should turbo the 3.7, that way it can be called a Q50 otherwise is still a g37 to me. What do you guys think?
I've been saying that from the gitgo. They are pretty much throwing away the whole 4DSC herritage by slapping that engine in the car.

What's the point of being an entry level luxury car with a "sporty" design if you market it to the masses? Not saying that WE are above the masses just saying that I WILL be finding a different make of car if they keep this BS up. Then again even the almighty Mercedes have decided to market to the mass man with the all new CLA 250 starting at a whopping $30K. You would think that Nissan / Infiniti would understand what the folks that buy these machines are after. NOT A COMMUTER BOX. The Audis are looking more and more attractive with all of these decisions that Infiniti has been making.

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I think you are all completely missing the fact that this car isn't designed for you. They are selling the car in Europe, South America, and Asia now where 211 is plenty of HP for most normal people. With $9+/gallon gas in lots of places, most drivers are far more concerned about fuel mileage than bragging rights.

This ain't about you, it's about growing the brand in other markets by providing a car that they will actually buy.
The following 5 users liked this post by Black Betty:
dkmesa350z (06-24-2014), indowanksta88 (06-02-2014), Infinitard (06-03-2014), mj_39 (06-01-2014), Presto (06-02-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 08:15 PM
RPG11

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I think you are all completely missing the fact that this car isn't designed for you. They are selling the car in Europe, South America, and Asia now where 211 is plenty of HP for most normal people. With $9+/gallon gas in lots of places, most drivers are far more concerned about fuel mileage than bragging rights.

This ain't about you, it's about growing the brand in other markets by providing a car that they will actually buy.
I guess you're somewhat correct but if the car isn't going to be inclined towards performance then it shouldn't have the skyline badge on it. Its not worthy of that name. I read through all of the comments on the link the OP gave and non of the comments say 1 good thing about it. There was 45 comments when i read it so 45 unsatisfied future clients. So what i was worrying about just happened read through the comments again and some idiot puts '' isn't infiniti a rebadged Nissan ''. There you go

Last edited by RPG11; 06-01-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:37 PM
cecrops

I don't disagree with you. I am not missing the fact that this car is not designed for me, I am yelling it!

Sure they're only selling it in Asia, S. America and Europe. Who did they leave out? Africa, Australia, Antarctica, N.America lol. A success there could mean they expand on the format and like you said, since 211hp is enough for most combined with 30MPG, I could see it becoming an option here as well.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (06-01-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I see your point BB. I still don't like the idea. They WILL find their way over here in time. Then what will WE be relegated to?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Did I miss the announcement that all the Q50s will be going to this engine or is it just another variant that's available as a choice? Did they completely eliminate the VQ or can the car still be had with that engine in NA and hybrid form? How many people bitching will change their tune when they realize this is a detuned version of the same 2.0 that's powering AMGs to the tune of over 400 HP with an ECU tune. No, not exactly the same engine. But it's a hell of a lot easier to get more power out of it than our 3.7L.
The following users liked this post:
kaoticdemize (06-24-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 08:02 AM
cecrops

I think we're having different discussions. No one is arguing there is another engine choice or eliminating the others. I specifically, am talking about the watering down of the luxury brand when you start slapping MPG friendly economy engines in a "high performance" car just to sell more. Sure, the potential is there, but really they just want to sell more cars, bottom line.

So much for the JDM scene when this hits, you'll have to start by replacing the engine. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Renault holds 44% of Nissan shares. How long before we are driving Renaults with Infiniti badges?

Renault-Nissan:
"The two main sources of synergies, in terms of financial impact, are in purchasing and pooling parts, platforms and powertrain components"
Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by cecrops
I think we're having different discussions. No one is arguing there is another engine choice or eliminating the others. I specifically, am talking about the watering down of the luxury brand when you start slapping MPG friendly economy engines in a "high performance" car just to sell more. Sure, the potential is there, but really they just want to sell more cars, bottom line.

So much for the JDM scene when this hits, you'll have to start by replacing the engine. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Renault holds 44% of Nissan shares. How long before we are driving Renaults with Infiniti badges?

Renault-Nissan:
"The two main sources of synergies, in terms of financial impact, are in purchasing and pooling parts, platforms and powertrain components"
You mean luxury brands known for selling "high performance" cars like say, Porsche?

Porsche
Old 06-02-2014, 09:44 AM
cecrops

You mean luxury brands known for selling "high performance" cars like say, Porsche?

Porsche

Yes almost exactly, except the part where Porsche is engineering the engines themselves. They are not taking, for instance a Ford engine and saying "we like how this engine performs" and putting it in there.

Quick Reply: Q50 2.0 turbo coming