Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Motor Trend Review of Q50! Good Read

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I like it, but pricing/etc. is a bit of a turn-off. Looking forward to AWD hybrid S performance numbers.

I bet I'll even get flack for this, but in another year or two, I may be considering the SHO with a Livernois Stage 4+ tune and some bolt-ons. If only Ford would fix their crappy A/C and electrical...
Old 08-08-2013, 01:57 AM
boomboom696969

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry Inifiniti, I'm just not impressed at all with the Q, and the direction you seem to be heading is certainly away from the notion of "Inspired Performance." Sticking with my 2010 G37s Anniversary Edition, then just move onto to an AMG or M. Soo sad!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:53 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Dont like the grill , Too much like the Lexus IS? An the price tag is crazy, For the same performence as we have now.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
IMHO the Q50 tossed most of what I bought the G37 for; mainly its sexy lines. The Q50 has a harsh looking front and to me looks like the lexus I series. The back end isn't much better either. I miss the more low slung lines of the older G

For the price, not having more tech in the suspension is a major downer. Having had the pleasure of driving the CTS-V at track speeds, I can attest to the fact that the suspension used in this series of cars is far superior to that used in the Infiniti. I don't expect the level of versatility at the Q50 price point but I do expect more than whats there. I suspect that once you put some aftermarket chassis stiffeners on the car the high speed stability will improve as well as the cornering ability; but at what price to ride comfort on the pot hole filled reality of US highways?

The second thing I noticed on my test drive of the Q50 was the steering setup. I guess Im more of a driving minimalist. I like driving a car; not having the car drive me. When I make a mistake, I expect the car to behave badly and when it doesn't, something is wrong. The "SBW" system will definately keep the majority of drivers out of the ditch, oncoming traffic or generally out of harms way due to overcorrection, undercorrection or just poor judgement of steering angle but like ABS and traction control it makes it a challenge to drive the car to its limits at times. Given that I'm at least 8 more years left on my current G, Im sure Infiniti offerings will be totally different but if I had to buy now, the Q50 would not be on my radar
Old 08-10-2013, 08:40 AM
beattyG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with Absinthe. Just seems that the Q50 is taking a detour from what made the car stand out... A well built, uncomplicated comfortable car that is fun to drive. That is something that the competition has not done well at the same price point. The styling may grow on me, but so far it just is not. I hope the Q60 is more impressive but not getting my hopes too high. I do still love my 2009 S coupe and am happy to keep it for several more years. Maybe get a used G5-R after that,
Old 08-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Track Star

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
My dealer is also charging a $5,000 mark up on top of this cars already ridiculous price. Haha what a joke!
The following users liked this post:
RYs06MT (08-18-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 09:55 PM
iGGy37S

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
With options, and mind you most of the important options, makes this car cost too much. Its essentially a G37 Sedan with a new body, same mechanics, brakes, engine, etc...Yet it costs much more.
I dont care for automatic steering and all of that hoopla, seems like old women would have a use for that.
I just dont see the value in this car besides the standard options like heated steering wheel, heated seats and little things BMW charges extra for. There is simply no incentive to buy this over a 2013 G37 sedan when the 13 model is much cheaper and has the same options (besides the techy stuff and a Cadillac interior)

When I asked the sales people at my local dealer on how they will differentiate the car from the G37 sedan, and all he could say is value. You get pretty much the same for 4k less with the 13 model. So my question is, why the hell would anyone buy a Q50 besides the benefits mentioned above?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:39 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I just saw a television ad for $399 a month with 4k and some change down, that was quick. It took the 328 awhile to have an attractive lease incentive.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:49 AM
keraxis

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
44k for a s... wow. Thats the exact price a 335i starts.. Honestly the s4 is the value now. flash put you under 4 seconds 0-60 and around 400hp. Plus its nice and you can control your LSD electronically.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:32 AM
DONTTASEMEBRO

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yeah crazy right I drove a Q50s the other day and it was listing at 54k....
Old 08-21-2013, 02:29 PM
bitNine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I'm not as much a fan of the outside as I was the G37, I spend 99% of my time looking at the inside of my car, and 1% of the time, or less, looking at the outside. What everyone else thinks about it, is thoroughly unimportant.

I am planning on a new vehicle come December. I traded in my '11 G37 a few months ago, as we needed a new truck, and it worked out well so I could lease a daily driver later, and do some serious comparison shopping. I don't really have much of a budget, other than I'd like to stay under $60k. I've been looking at everything from a Subaru BRZ, to a BMW 535d. You name it, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Audi, Volvo, Cadillac, Tesla. When it comes down to it, dollar for dollar, The Infiniti gives you many of the same features, for a lower price. The BMW, Mercedes and others have a few more features, but are all $60-70k. The Q50 is $55k loaded (non-hybrid), and really anyone could walk in and pay invoice price (in a few months) if they demanded it, meaning it's more like $50k or less. Load up a BMW 135i, and it's $2k more than the Q50, has a tiny *** back seat, 2 fewer doors, and the interior is bland and BORING compared to the Q50, though it does have a 7 speed dual-clutch tranny. Load up a 335i and it's about $8k more, though contains some of those signature BMW features that the Q50 just doesn't have. Load up a 535i/d and it's $70k, and is still on par, performance wise, as the Q50.

I would love to get a CTS-V, but there's the gas guzzler tax which is almost 2 grand. Then there's the absolute hatred about the CUE system, and its terribly buggy function. If there's one thing I loved about the G37, was the way the entire system worked, and how well it worked. Look at ANY other Cadillac with a V6, and the power is on par with the Q50. I've even taken an 8 speed Hyundai Genesis Coupe track edition with the 3.8l V6, producing 30+ more hp than the Q50, and you really can't tell the difference, and while the price is a whole hell of a lot less, it's pretty boring inside with lots of power.

I have spent the last 4 months going over car after car after car after car, test driving one every once in awhile, and taking my time to do serious research, and when it comes down to it, if I'm going to spend more then $50k, the Q50 still wins it for me, even with the less appealing exterior. The only other cars I have yet to test drive, which I will seriously consider, are the Tesla S, and the new Lexus IS. Though if it's anything like it was before I bought my G, I won't like the transmission. If the Q50 transmission is anything like the G37 transmission programming, there's no way in hell I'll even consider it.

I'm having a really hard time here, as I usually NEVER purchase a second car from any one manufacturer. I like to be adventurous, and get something completely different, especially since I can afford it. But I also like gadgetry, and thought the G37 had the right amount of power for me, though I wouldn't complain about more. I keep being dragged back to the Q50 over and over and over again. Ugh... I'm glad I still have a few more months to really research this decision, then hammer out a price that will leave the dealership making exactly $0 off of me, aside from the sale itself.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:50 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
if you dont want to spend 52k, dont load up ont he options youve already stated you dont want...I dont understand some people. Thsi car puts to shame the 3 series on interior finish and fit. Also if you havent driven this car and felt the steering, don't comment, it's actually really nice, it can be firm (like how bmw has done for years with fake steering) or you can loosen it up and have the audi feeling, or go in between. I think an issue is the tires they chose but apart from that, many plus sides. I would say the one to get is the hybrid Imo, if you dont go crazy with options you can have one for about the same price your saying on a regular Q50S but with better mileage and much much faster.

*this is not pointed at anyone specific, just people spouting misinformation*
Old 08-21-2013, 07:01 PM
RYs06MT

Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
if you dont want to spend 52k, dont load up ont he options youve already stated you dont want...I dont understand some people. Thsi car puts to shame the 3 series on interior finish and fit. Also if you havent driven this car and felt the steering, don't comment, it's actually really nice, it can be firm (like how bmw has done for years with fake steering) or you can loosen it up and have the audi feeling, or go in between. I think an issue is the tires they chose but apart from that, many plus sides. I would say the one to get is the hybrid Imo, if you dont go crazy with options you can have one for about the same price your saying on a regular Q50S but with better mileage and much much faster.

*this is not pointed at anyone specific, just people spouting misinformation*
Has your dealership sold any yet? Why'd the lease promotion come so quick?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:24 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Has your dealership sold any yet? Why'd the lease promotion come so quick?

I don't work for Infiniti? But yes my local dealership has sold most of it's inventory.

Also to mention the advertised lease is only $500 off msrp, not much of a cut back lease now is it?
Old 08-22-2013, 05:07 PM
RYs06MT

^ thank you, my mistake I thought you worked at a dealership lol.
I don't know the fine print of the lease, the fine print is too small and I don't have TiVo. I just noticed 4k and some change down and $399 a month.

I'm assuming that's the journey with preimum package ( or whatever the equilivant is), I was just curious if you knew why it came so soon. Typically manufactures don't have lease programs ready a week after a new model goes on sale.

Thank you for your time. Oregon isn't doing too well selling them, that's all I know sales wise. I hope things are going well for the Q50 in other states.

Quick Reply: Motor Trend Review of Q50! Good Read