Go Back   MyG37 > The Lounge OT > The Lounge (Off Topic) > Entertainment
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to myG37 forums!
Welcome to myG37 Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join myG37 Forums today!

submit to reddit

Old 01-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Trader Score: (10)
photobycereal2k thecereal2k none cee2k cee2k
Send a message via ICQ to cereal2k Send a message via AIM to cereal2k Send a message via MSN to cereal2k Send a message via Yahoo to cereal2k
Hell Road 2012. TAIL OF THE DRAGON

Be careful out there and watch out for those semis

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K16YnmJN0fc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K16YnmJN0fc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
cereal2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
soolman32

Trader Score: (15)
Definitely something to keep in mind for those of use heading down.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Jsolo

Trader Score: (14)
Good video! I've been down there several times now. Both times I hit it during the mid/late morning (9am-1pm) and on a weekday. Traffic was minimal both times. Given I was a 'tourist' I wasn't flying through there. In fact, the first time went through at probably 5 under the speed limit just to get a feel for the road.

Going S-N is mostly downhill. Going N-S is somewhat easier as you don't have to deal with an accelerating bike (most of the time).

My biggest fear is indeed some diesel dummy deciding to take a shortcut. There are warning signs at the beginning, but from the number of trucks that drive the road it's clear they either can't read or don't care.

What do you do if there's an 18 wheeler coming around in your lane and you have nowhere to go....

For reasons such as this I'll probably stay off during non holiday weekdays. There are other roads just as nice, cherohala skyway (tn 165), tn 28, brp (blue ridge parkway), that offers a similar rush but is somewhat safer.

FWIW, if you do go down there, try to maintain some sort of following distance to the vehicle in front (be it bike or car).
Old 01-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
cereal2k

Send a message via ICQ to cereal2k Send a message via AIM to cereal2k Send a message via MSN to cereal2k Send a message via Yahoo to cereal2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolo View Post
Good video! I've been down there several times now. Both times I hit it during the mid/late morning (9am-1pm) and on a weekday. Traffic was minimal both times. Given I was a 'tourist' I wasn't flying through there. In fact, the first time went through at probably 5 under the speed limit just to get a feel for the road.

Going S-N is mostly downhill. Going N-S is somewhat easier as you don't have to deal with an accelerating bike (most of the time).

My biggest fear is indeed some diesel dummy deciding to take a shortcut. There are warning signs at the beginning, but from the number of trucks that drive the road it's clear they either can't read or don't care.

What do you do if there's an 18 wheeler coming around in your lane and you have nowhere to go....

For reasons such as this I'll probably stay off during non holiday weekdays. There are other roads just as nice, cherohala skyway (tn 165), tn 28, brp (blue ridge parkway), that offers a similar rush but is somewhat safer.

FWIW, if you do go down there, try to maintain some sort of following distance to the vehicle in front (be it bike or car).

Good tips. I plan to hit the other roads the Wednesday before Z dayz.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
ishiftinheels

Trader Score: (0)
veronicaejoness veronicaejones
Anyone else on here going to zdayz 2012? I'll be there with the Florida g club.

Looking forward to seeing you again this year lee!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
cereal2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishiftinheels View Post
Anyone else on here going to zdayz 2012? I'll be there with the Florida g club.

Looking forward to seeing you again this year lee!
Same here Veronica! I'll be sure to get into some more dam group shots with you Florida folk
Old 02-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
ishiftinheels

Trader Score: (0)
veronicaejoness veronicaejones
Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal2k View Post
Same here Veronica! I'll be sure to get into some more dam group shots with you Florida folk
Sounds good. I've got some work to do to make my g35 photo worthy. Also need to change brake fluid, swap driver window motor, and get new rear tires. Is this a sign I should take the g37 this year? Lol
Old 02-01-2012, 02:05 PM
MyG37
Infiniti G37

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit